PDA

View Full Version : Clothes For Curvy Ladies

Herbwoman39
Aug 20, 2009, 12:24 PM
I've noticed of late that that there have been several threads about ladies like myself who have a little extra to give. For myself. I have been on the heavy side most of my life. Because of that it has been difficult to find clothing that fits me well. Most places simply scale up their clothes instead of designing with us in mind.

A couple years ago I was introduced to a shop called Torrid.com They are the sister store to Hot Topic. Along with punk and goth clothes for us bigger girls, they also offer other beautiful clothes for all occasions. I just bought a beautiful blue maxi dress with silver flowers embroidered on the skirt from there along with some cute under things by Spanx.

While looking around on Facebook (feel free to friend me - Herbwoman) I found a place called IGIGI.com The designer creates clothes based on your body shape. The clothes can also be searched by body shape once you know yours. I'm a Figure Eight :-) I bought a tank top and the Simone maxi dress. They fit me PERFECTLY!

I'd love to hear about other places you know of.

onewhocares
Aug 21, 2009, 6:28 PM
Well Herbwoman there are LOTS of great places for curvy girls do get really tasteful intimate wear...I should know I have so many that I love to wear. Not only do the lovers who see me enjoy the vision, MOST importantly I love the way that I feel in them. I will send you a detailed list but try.....Fashion Bug, Nordstrom's, Torrid, to name a few. Nothing can make me feel more alluring than to know that there is something tempting under my clothing. Last Halloween I dressed up as the Cat in the Hat...underneath was a black bustier, fishnets, a ostrich feather boa as a tail and a headband that had kitty cat ears. I drew on a pink nose and whispers....and well I just purrred with delight. Will send the list soon my friend. Curvy Girls Rock! and can look great doing it.

Belle

Lenore
Aug 21, 2009, 7:35 PM
I shop for most of my clothes at Lane Bryant and Fashion bug because I can try things on. I am Leary of shopping online because sizes can vary so much. It is even more difficult now because I lost 40 pounds. I'm still a big girl, but I'm never sure what size to start with because my body has changed so much. Espessially my boobs. It's a particular problem when searching for dresses because my upper body is a size smaller theN what fits around my hips and butt. I will have to check out igigi.com. Sounds like that site could be helpful! Thanks for that one! :)

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 21, 2009, 7:46 PM
I shop for most of my clothes at Lane Bryant and Fashion bug because I can try things on. I am Leary of shopping online because sizes can vary so much. It is even more difficult now because I lost 40 pounds. I'm still a big girl, but I'm never sure what size to start with because my body has changed so much. Espessially my boobs. It's a particular problem when searching for dresses because my upper body is a size smaller theN what fits around my hips and butt. I will have to check out igigi.com. Sounds like that site could be helpful! Thanks for that one! :)

Some Lane Bryant stores have a body scanner that can give your dimensions and sizes. My sister is a big busted plus size girl and so she used the scanner so she could finally find a better bra at the right size, cause she kept breaking her under-wire. I like the clothes from LB. And if you get their catalogue , they have better, dressier clothes in it (lingerie too) than they have in the store.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 21, 2009, 7:52 PM
It also depends on where you are at, Loves. Romans has some nice goodies but they tend to run to the younger ladies. Lane Bryant rocks! lol So does Mizak.com and Kathy's Curvy corners, a shop ran by a BBW here in Washington state.
Also, if you go to BBWNorthwest.com you'll see several places where we BBW's and BHM (Big Handsome Men ) can find decent clothes at a reasonable price. :}
Cheap Cat..lol;)

Herbwoman39
Aug 23, 2009, 12:41 AM
Lane Bryant is great for jeans and corporate wear. I tend to be more on the eclectic side for my wardrobe since I work at home though. There's just something about most of their clothes that seems a bit stoic for my tastes.

I will definitely have to check out Fashion Bug if I can find one locally. And I LOVE Torrid. I get into SO much trouble every time I go shopping there :-D

Something I would REALLY love to find though is some pretty, supportive sleep wear. When I was cleared to wear bras after my reconstructive surgery, I went to Intimacy (http://myintimacy.com) and bought Prima Donna bra and pantie sets and day to day smooth Caique bras from Lane Bryant so I'm set there.

The new Twins need support when I'm sleeping though. Right now I'm wearing cotton camis with built in bras and exercise shorts to bed. So I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the list Belle sends me.

roy m cox
Aug 23, 2009, 12:56 AM
i love to wear woman's clothes and i wish they would make more sexes r stuff i like thongs and bikinis the most,,

but i like tights and bike shorts any nylon stuff i can get my lil paws on :tong:

i even stole my sisters bikinis cuzz she did not like the harts on it but i did :bigrin:

:bipride::bipride::three::bipride::bipride:

Herbwoman39
Aug 23, 2009, 12:00 PM
i love to wear woman's clothes and i wish they would make more sexes r stuff i like thongs and bikinis the most,,

but i like tights and bike shorts any nylon stuff i can get my lil paws on :tong:

i even stole my sisters bikinis cuzz she did not like the harts on it but i did :bigrin:

:bipride::bipride::three::bipride::bipride:

A dear friend of mine cross dresses and he sent me a site you might be interested in. He says this place has great panties: www.birchplaceshop.com

Hope that helps :-)

charmed_goddess87
Aug 23, 2009, 4:56 PM
I love Torrid & Lane Bryant...They can be a bit on the pricey side but I always go straight the sales racks LOL. The thing I LOVE about Torrid is their sizes are 1,2,3,4+ so it kinda makes you feel a bit better about yourself. I Mostly shop Lane Bryant for my bras tho, I was so happy to finally find a place that has great bras for big chested females. I'd also love to see the list Belle said she was gonna post. I'm always trying to find new places to get nice looking clothes :)

onewhocares
Aug 23, 2009, 6:01 PM
Hi All....

I was going to send this privately, but since a few would like to see a list, here are a couple of outlets to get pretties of ALL sorts. There is something for EVERYONE.

Happy Shopping.....

www.aboutcurves.com/[/url]

www.hipsandcurves.com/?gclid=CJXbis2UupwCFQxM5QodGwT3ow[/url]

www.glamorose.com/Plus-Size-Lingerie-s/27.htm?Click=21

www.sheerandsultry.com/

www.plussizeplum.com/

www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/bras/pretty-support/E8202/plus-size/daisy-embroidered-basque

www.avenue.com/Plus-Size-Avenue-Body.aspx?DeptId=19929&affiliate_id=020&affiliate_location_id=02&WT.srch=1&gclid=CJyFo_6VupwCFdZM5Qod2Sf-oA

[url]www.roamans.com

www.yandy.com

www.angelbodywear.com

www.loveherlingerie.com

www.biggalslingerie.com

www.queenfashions.com

www.romanticfantasies.com

www.plussize.lovetoknow.com

www.spicylingerie.com

www.alibaba.com/showroom

www.pamperedpassions.com

www.2cutelingerie.com

www.yumdrop.com

www.wonderlandavenue.com

www.dainties.com

www.odgirl.com

www.thelittleflirt.com

www.biggerbras.com

www.forplaycatalog.com/store/Halloween_Costumes

www.dear-lover.com/Sexy-Lingerie/Plus-Size-Lingerie/

Belle

charmed_goddess87
Aug 23, 2009, 11:46 PM
TY so much for posting all those links!!

roy m cox
Aug 24, 2009, 4:17 AM
A dear friend of mine cross dresses and he sent me a site you might be interested in. He says this place has great panties: www.birchplaceshop.com

Hope that helps :-)

"OMG" THANK YOU SO MUCH hehe i book marked it, "big hugs "

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you :bigrin:

:bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride::bipr ide: