PDA

View Full Version : Good luck for once :)

still_shy
Aug 5, 2009, 11:37 PM
I see so many threads full of negativity and thought I would take the opportunity to report some good news for once. After a long time of searching for a woman to date, I gave up. Decided it just wasn't meant to be, maybe I was trying to hard to meet someone....and the floodgates opened. On one dating website, I received five messages from girls who actually wanted to meet me. Met one for movies last weekend, it didn't work out...am meeting another for dinner and drinks Saturday and have a date next week to meet yet another woman for dinner....now I'm afraid I have too many options :) But I'm not complaining a bit. I'm amazed at my good fortune and I hope that even if things don't work out romantically, I will have made several new friends!! So...not to toot my own horn or anything, just wanted to share the good news with my wonderful friends !! :bipride:

Realist
Aug 5, 2009, 11:43 PM
That's the way it goes! You go for months with nothing happening, then several will contact you at once........ Feast, or famine.

Just don't settle for less than you know you need and want and you'll do just fine. I hope you meet a really nice gal and have a ball.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 5, 2009, 11:52 PM
Whoo hoo! You go Girlfriend! Have fun!
Cat

MelissaMaven
Aug 6, 2009, 12:13 AM
Awesome, congrats. :) I always find it interesting when someone is successful with one of those dating sites. Do you mind if I ask which one it was?

As for the negativity thing, I guess it's just easier to vent about things on the internet. Then when the actual good stuff is happening, one is usually not actually on the net to talk about it. lol

still_shy
Aug 6, 2009, 12:41 AM
It's OKCupid...I have had a ton of luck meeting people on there. It seems to be the one dating site that is full of actual real people who genuinely want to meet someone. Plus it has lots of fun quizzes and stuff...bonus for me!!

roy m cox
Aug 6, 2009, 2:17 AM
ahhh lucky

i am glade for you :cool:
:bipride::bipride::bipride:

12voltman59
Aug 6, 2009, 6:14 AM
Good luck with your date or dates Shy---and glad to hear someone say they have had good results meeting people via this site---just to prove to the doubters that it can be done.

Have a good time!!

NEPHX
Aug 6, 2009, 7:10 AM
Seems to always be that way....

But, wow... dinner!! You are brave.

I learned the hard way after meeting a few people that were not who they said they were when I would be in different cities for long-term contract engagements. I started doing just a coffee house or meet for drink(s) as there wasn't much commitment if things didn't work out and one of use could always take exit stage left in a hurry :eek: if need be. Or, move on to dinner and even a movie later if we clicked :bigrin:

Good luck!

onewhocares
Aug 6, 2009, 7:33 AM
I have always been of the opinion that someone special will come into your life when you least expect it. Till then, go out make friends and above all be yourself.

Belle