PDA

View Full Version : A Blue Newbie

Bluefinger
Jul 31, 2009, 1:10 PM
Greetings,

I am Bluefinger, another bisexual and particularly geeky denizen of the internet. Just popping in to chat and meeting new people. My story is a bit long, but otherwise I'll summarise it for now. Further details are available on request. The process by which I came to realise my sexuality was long and really only progressed at all towards more recent years. I may be only 22, but it was only when I was 19-20 did I really start to accept the fact that I was bisexual after a few realisations via a crush and having long discussions about my sexuality with a close friend and also a certain internet community (not here, mind you, but Fundies Say The Darnedest Things. The forums there have lots of very intelligent folk and a good amount of GLBT folk too). Whilst nothing became of the crush I had (regrettably), it did however allow me to start exploring and entertaining aspects of myself I never thought I had. So now, whilst I've come out to my parents (not my brother... yet), I'm not completely open to other people. If they never ask, they'll never know sort of thing because most of the time, it isn't something that comes to mind. I've certainly had fun hinting subtly at it when people have become suspicious (as it is so fun to tease), but otherwise for me it isn't really a big issue unless someone decides so.

Whilst I haven't quite figured myself out yet, such as things as gender identity, I am at least more aware of my sexuality and my own kinks (even though still a virgin, I know what I like and don't like). So yeah, this is more or less me summed up regarding my sexuality.

So hello all!

JoshuaGlynn
Jul 31, 2009, 1:19 PM
welcome Blue

From one newbie to another "have fun storming the castle!!"

Joshua

M. Wolfe
Jul 31, 2009, 5:18 PM
From what you've outlined, your story could be mine! I'm twenty, done the whole crush thing, accepted it in myself last year, came out to my parents (separately) and my close friends. I'm now 20.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 1, 2009, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the group Sugar. :}
Everybody's Cat

MetaSexual2
Aug 1, 2009, 3:59 AM
Welcome Blue, always good to see more bi-geeks around. Enjoy this period of self discovery.

Glad to see you are a BOINCer too :) One of the best examples of what practical collective action can do.

Bluefinger
Aug 1, 2009, 7:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

@M. Wolfe: Yeah, I came out to my mum, who then told my dad. So far though, everything is continuing like normal (which is always good) though my mum did ask at one point whether I still thought I was bi, to which I said yes. Either way, all is good I suppose.

@MetaSexual2: Yeah, whenever my computer is not in use or when I'm asleep, it is either doing rendering or doing some BOINC. Bit of a black beast, I must say. But yeah, my way of contributing for Science.

And hooray for bi-geeks!

M. Wolfe
Aug 1, 2009, 9:20 AM
@M. Wolfe: Yeah, I came out to my mum, who then told my dad. So far though, everything is continuing like normal (which is always good) though my mum did ask at one point whether I still thought I was bi, to which I said yes. Either way, all is good I suppose.
I made a thread a wee while ago about the situation with dad. Basically, I told him in an email (we're in different countries) and I haven't heard from him since. Mum's been great about it. I explained to her that I didn't want to talk about it, not out of shame but awkwardness, and I explained that I don't need guidance or comfort or anything. She understood that the most appreciatable thing for her to do is not pressure me about anything.

JoshuaGlynn
Aug 1, 2009, 1:55 PM
<--- total Bi geek LOL

Of my two Novel length works... one is about vampires and the other is about a kid that can read minds... lol

I roleplay every weekend. D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Requiem, etc. I'm a total video game junkie... and my job: I make digital maps from 3d Satellite imagery... Can't get much geekier than that LOL

Josh

Bluefinger
Aug 1, 2009, 3:07 PM
<--- total Bi geek LOL

Of my two Novel length works... one is about vampires and the other is about a kid that can read minds... lol

I roleplay every weekend. D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Requiem, etc. I'm a total video game junkie... and my job: I make digital maps from 3d Satellite imagery... Can't get much geekier than that LOL

Josh
I read a tonne of manga, I have built my last two computers, I have done BOINC for the past two-three years, I LOVE video games (currently taking a break from Eve Online, but otherwise have quite the collection of games), and my interest: 3D Landscape Rendering using World Machine 2 and Terragen 2. Related interest, perhaps? I'm also trying to get back into 3D modelling so I can build up a portfolio of work.

So yeah, finishing up with a Digital Media Tech. course and had a lot of fun with the Computer Society I joined during my final year. So, I am pretty confident about my state of 'geekiness'. :tong: