PDA

View Full Version : New book details one woman's "open marriage" and her bisexuality

12voltman59
Jul 30, 2009, 10:15 PM
I saw this on AOL and figured this would be of interest to the community:

http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-living/relationships/open-marriage?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .aolhealth.com%2Fhealthy-living%2Frelationships%2Fopen-marriage

void()
Jul 31, 2009, 2:08 AM
Finally! Think I'm going off to cry now. I will eventually need to read her book, too. For now, I'm happy someone has put it to black & white, in the light of day. Alright, going to go bawl myself to sleep, mixture of pure elation, sorrow, joy, confusion, release.

ghytifrdnr
Jul 31, 2009, 4:00 AM
Very good! I'm happy to see that someone else has ideas, opinions and feelings similar to what I've experienced.

The reader should know that the link takes to a page that only shows half the interview. Scroll to the bottom and click 'print page' to see the entire thing.

12voltman59
Jul 31, 2009, 6:24 AM
Actually--the entire interview runs for many pages----so you have to look for the link on each page to read the entire interview---with all the crap they have on each page---they could minimize that and have more text on each page I would think----it makes it kinda hard to read the entire piece that you have to continually go to more pages.

Realist
Jul 31, 2009, 6:41 AM
Excellent! We were just talking about someone writing a good story about bisexuality.

DiamondDog
Jul 31, 2009, 9:15 AM
This is not anything new at all.

People of all genders and sexual orientations have been doing this for hundreds of years, and have been writing about it or it's very well known.

I did find a lot of the comments on the link to the interview to be funny!

Realist
Jul 31, 2009, 10:12 AM
Do you know the title of some books, or movies, that shed a positive light on bisexuality/open marriages? I haven't seen one.

DiamondDog
Jul 31, 2009, 10:57 AM
Do you know the title of some books, or movies, that shed a positive light on bisexuality/open marriages? I haven't seen one.

Watch the movie Frida about the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.

There's the Kinsey movie and biography, there was a series on the BBC about Harold Nicholson and Vita Sackville West and how they had an open relationship and slept with men and women and the book and biography about them and their open relationship, the movie Henry and June about the open relationship that Henry and June Miller had. Anais Nin's diaries and the relationship she had with June Miller and Henry Miller and those were published decades ago, then there's Anais Nin's erotic fiction.

Then there's the mention of open relationship and bisexuality in a positive light by writers such as Jack Kerouac, Neal Cassady, Burroughs, and Ginsberg also mention bisexuality and open relationships in their letters, interviews, and literature by these writers.

I know Freud gets bashed to shit nowadays but he wrote about bisexuality in humans.

Then there are the works of the Marquis de Sade which while they do contain fantasy about Sadism/masochism/bondage and SM they also contain writings about bisexuality.

Then there's the poems by Walt Whitman, and the plays and writings/memoir of Oscar Wilde.

Virginia Woolf's writings are about bisexuality too, and so does D.H. Lawrence.

The 1948 novel by Gore Vidal the city and the Pillar describes bisexuality as the most natural human state.

Let's also not forget the writings by Michel Foucault and Camille Paglia either.

Tom Spanbauer's book The Man Who Fell in Love With the Moon also is about male bisexuality.

Again this is nothing new under the sun at all.

DiamondDog
Jul 31, 2009, 11:08 AM
Americans don't read books anymore for the most part.

Realist
Jul 31, 2009, 1:53 PM
Saw Frida, Henry and June.........Read some of Anais Nin's things years ago. Read Memoirs of a Voluptuary, too. I want to read something that's been written recently. There's some on Amazon, e-bay and other sites. I'll do some research.