PDA

View Full Version : More To Love

rissababynta
Jul 30, 2009, 8:21 AM
http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/07/29/more-to-love-premiere-inspirational-or-offensive/?icid=main|aim|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Ftelevision.a ol.com%2Finsidetv%2F2009%2F07%2F29%2Fmore-to-love-premiere-inspirational-or-offensive%2F

So, do you think the idea of this show is offensive? Do you think that it is a great idea? Personally, I think it's stupid. The whole concept is that being plus size is just as beautiful as being skinny...but from the title of the show and how their size is always being pushed in your face...all it is doing is making the fact that they are plus size a prominant detail that is pushed in your face instead of having this women be shown as normal, averaged size women...but that's just my opinion...

12voltman59
Jul 30, 2009, 8:58 AM
Pretty much any of those "reality" shows are pretty offensive----and you do have to wonder how much of what ya see on them really is "reality" and not just some lose direction by the production people to rig an interesting outcome and clever editing.

The only "reality" type shows I like--some of the ones that deal with criminal investigations like "The First 48" on A&E and the ones about dangerous jobs such as "The Deadliest Catch" on Discovery.

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 30, 2009, 11:03 AM
Just another aspect of getting ratings. Like the cougar show where the womens ages were in the fore front. I just don't watch the dating shows. Just as I don't watch award shows cause I think there are too many of them. Maybe its because I am older or whatever, but meh, would rather watch "Dirty Jobs" or America's next top model. I used to watch the first 48 hours, till an episode where a girl I babysat once was murdered. Hit too close to home.

Realist
Jul 30, 2009, 11:19 AM
I agree...that show is degrading and a slap in the face of so many bright, sweet and sensual women...............who are not skin and bones! Actually, large guys get the same treatment.

There was a young lady, who was here for a while, who espoused her very rude feelings about anyone she decided was fat. Some of her subjects amazed me....I actually thought some were on the smaller sizes! I guess when you're a size 2...........size 3's are over-weight!

I learned early-on, that choosing a person for looks alone quickly eliminated some of human kind's more wonderful folks!

My GF's intelligent, chubby, busty, cute as hell, and the most sensual lady I've ever known. It would have been a tragedy if I'd over-looked her, because she was not a size 2!

Annika L
Jul 30, 2009, 11:50 AM
It always puzzles me that people feel a need to lock themselves into preferences for particular body types (be it supermodel or plus size).

If I love a person, they become beautiful to me, regardless of their physical qualities.

If I dislike a person, they become unattractive, regardless of their physical qualities.

If a person says honestly, "I would never be with someone who looks like ____________, or has ____________ physical quality," ...then that person is so different from me and the kind of people I am attracted to that I tend to find no point in talking to them further.

Shows like this (or like my impression of what this is...I confess I haven't seen it...and btw I include Miss America pageants in the category of "shows like this") seem inches from fetishism. Not that I have a problem with people having fetishes...but I would prefer that they be private, not public. Let's have a TV show that celebrates the beauty of people who have a mole on their left ear! People with slightly uneven teeth! People whose hair naturally sticks up!

rissababynta
Jul 30, 2009, 12:40 PM
I don't even watch reality shows anymore unless it's Hell's Kitchen or occasionally Americas Next Top Model just cause those girls crack me up...so basically I haven't seen this show...but from the few clips I saw, and the comments I've heard so far...it's kind of aggrevating. Up until the premiere of the show it was pushed in our faces that these are going to be the REAL average women of america, and that these are the normal women in the world...but then you sit back and wonder "if they are that normal and average, why isn't this just another dating show? Why is their weight posted up on the screen? Why is the title of the damn show telling you that hey, they are hefty? Why is one of the first things the bachelor had to say to them that he was going to love them for who they are and not because of their bodies? If it's so NORMAL then why is it so much not like a regular dating show?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be losing any sleep over this...but come on...puh LEASE already. Just leave us bigger people alone, we can be happy on our own without fox butting in and making more of a mockery of us than society has already been trying to do :tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 30, 2009, 2:15 PM
This show has been a hot topic among the BBW's groups all over the country and its been a hot-bed of controvesry with some. Some say its a degregation of big folks everywhere, others tout that is trying to shed light on the plight(nice verbage there on my part dont you think..snicker) of larger sized people trying to find love and acceptance.
Buuuuuulllllchit. To me it feels like just another way to point out the differences and problems that we BBW's and BHM go thru, and I am Hoping that it doesnt start poking fun at us, otherwise theres going to be a deluge of protesting fat people all over the networks..lol.
And dont be too surprised to see an angry, dark skinned, long haired fat chick in the front row...LOL;):cool:
Silly Cat.

Lonewolf76
Jul 30, 2009, 6:47 PM
I've read some damn fine books in covers that many would pass by, so I never judge a book by it's cover. A lady is a lady...period.

slipperydick68
Jul 30, 2009, 7:12 PM
Skinny girls who look like models are usually pretty selfish in bed. Give me a girl who is all about the fun and enjoyment of sex; not one who is worried about their hair.

graytwo
Jul 31, 2009, 4:27 AM
Huh?

What's this nonsense about Ladies size? Like who really cares?? I tend to like the more rubenesque female. Those models of 'skin and bones' are a turn off. Like why be with a bunch of bones covered only in skin and makeup where any touch MAY cause a bruise that required more makeup??? Drather be with a Lady of the rubenesque class 'cause it's extremely more fun than playing around with bag of bones.

Sorry ladies, your view of yourselves doesn't match reality. Male view: like how many gents have 6 pack abs and muscles rippling all over their body? ans: very/very/very few if any.

I rest my case against the 'bag of bones" concept for ladies.

just my thoughts [even thou I know I'll get flamed :bounce:]

graytwo

Biboz49
Jul 31, 2009, 10:37 AM
http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/07/29/more-to-love-premiere-inspirational-or-offensive/?icid=main|aim|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Ftelevision.a ol.com%2Finsidetv%2F2009%2F07%2F29%2Fmore-to-love-premiere-inspirational-or-offensive%2F

So, do you think the idea of this show is offensive? Do you think that it is a great idea? Personally, I think it's stupid. The whole concept is that being plus size is just as beautiful as being skinny...but from the title of the show and how their size is always being pushed in your face...all it is doing is making the fact that they are plus size a prominant detail that is pushed in your face instead of having this women be shown as normal, averaged size women...but that's just my opinion...

We watched the first show. I think it's as dumb as all the other so called reality shows. One thing that got to me was they kept posting the womans weight. Like, who cares? If I watch it again it will be just for the visual lol. But the show was a big disappointment. At least they are spotlighting beautiful plus size women. I can't vote on the poll because I want to make 2 choices: I do think they missed the point but I'm happy they created a show for plus size women rather than the usual slim model types.

chook
Aug 1, 2009, 3:44 AM
AS long as they're breathing.....who give a fuck about size :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

rissababynta
Aug 1, 2009, 9:39 AM
AS long as they're breathing.....who give a fuck about size :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Rock on:bigrin:

-Dyva-
Aug 1, 2009, 11:23 AM
I haven't seen this show (I don't think it's showing in Britain and I'm certainly not gonna go out of my way to download it / watch it online /whatever) but I've seen pictures of the guy and girls, and, uh... DAYUM. ;)

It annoys me, though, that the creators of the show assumed that if the show featured big girls, the guy had to be big too - which leaves the impression that they presume only fat people are attracted to fat people (or fat people should take what they can get... grr). This is not the case - plenty of slim people prefer a curvier partner, and vice versa... yours truly being an exception to that - a curvy girl who loves curvy girls and guys.

Oh, another thing - I know I'm new here but it's rude to describe a slim girl as a 'bag of bones'. I'm sure we have some gorgeous slim chicks here who are fun, adventurous in the sack, etc, and have just as much to offer as their curvy counterparts - just 'cos they're not right for you doesn't mean they're not perfect for someone else.

rissababynta
Aug 1, 2009, 1:06 PM
I haven't seen this show (I don't think it's showing in Britain and I'm certainly not gonna go out of my way to download it / watch it online /whatever) but I've seen pictures of the guy and girls, and, uh... DAYUM. ;)

It annoys me, though, that the creators of the show assumed that if the show featured big girls, the guy had to be big too - which leaves the impression that they presume only fat people are attracted to fat people (or fat people should take what they can get... grr). This is not the case - plenty of slim people prefer a curvier partner, and vice versa... yours truly being an exception to that - a curvy girl who loves curvy girls and guys.

Oh, another thing - I know I'm new here but it's rude to describe a slim girl as a 'bag of bones'. I'm sure we have some gorgeous slim chicks here who are fun, adventurous in the sack, etc, and have just as much to offer as their curvy counterparts - just 'cos they're not right for you doesn't mean they're not perfect for someone else.

I noticed that too lol. Us heavy people have to be herded together or something so the beautiful people don't have to worry about us getting in their way haha. I also tend to like curvier people also. In the end, I don't care if you are awesome youre awesome...but I do like people that have some kind of meat on them. My ex in high school was about my height ( a little over five feet) and pushed 300 lbs...I didn't even really notice the weight...now I don't know what the hell happened because except for the slight little beer belly he accumulated from the marine corps, he is all muscle. So not what I'm used to going after haha.

diB4u
Aug 1, 2009, 8:00 PM
Well i thought that the report if anything was more prejudice and lacking in taste and heavy in bigotory than any tv show can make.

What made me frown was in the article when the writer said "normal people"

No I'm not a person, I'm the original Jubba the Hut cause all i think of is food.... Theres enought tv shows that belittle people for making them thin, children as young as 6 are showing signs of annorexia.

Annorexia vs Obesity.

But where is the person behind the illness?

There is even within the show a double jepody thing- so I have to like fat men just cause im a fat woman? I'd rather be an alien thanks lol

graytwo- it matters alot if your struggling with your weight and get stared at and sniggered, it matters when skinny men shout out "who ate all the pies fatty?" and "you dont need that". Maybe I should start criticising them for their lack of manners and decorum.