PDA

View Full Version : Weird assed weather...

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 29, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, the weather here has just went inSane. Its been the hottest today than its ever Been here in Washington State. It was 101 in Seattle, and 104 in Olympia. Tumwater, where I live, is on the other side of the freeway from Olympia, so it was 104 here. :( My small fan and my spritzer bottle have been my best friends lately..lol
Now see, I'm used to dry Mojave desert heat, not this kind of moist heat. I can tolerate 70's, 80's and 90's....but anything over 100 isnt nice on me.
Stay cool and safe Ya'll. Please dont let yourselves get too over-heated or under-dehydrated. Lots of water and juices and plenty of fruits, ok?
Hugs to you all ;)
Hot Cat.

12voltman59
Jul 30, 2009, 5:22 AM
Well Cat--here in the mid-central and eastern US---we have had a cooler than normal summer thus far----in some places it has been not only far cooler but also far wetter than normal too.

In most parts of this region--we have now officially had the coolest July on record since meteorlogical/climatological records have been kept.

It is crazy weather--and something else I see these days--and I am not the only one to notice it----it seems the wind blows hard all the time now---so much so that when it's calm-it is weird since the trees are not blowing like a storm is coming in----it is noticable when the winds are light and calm now. High wind conditions have become the new "normal" instead of high winds being the exception rather than the rule as it was in the past.

**Peg**
Jul 30, 2009, 8:01 AM
Here in Eastern Ontario, to date, we have received 3 times our normal rainfall for July; it's the wettest July since 1938 and last night we set a new cumulative record. So far, only 5 days this month it hasn't rained.

2008 we had only TWO days in June that it didn't rain, and July 5 days when it didn't rain.

Our spring is arriving much later, summer (when it finally gets here - it'll be August this year) lasts into late October now. We may have frost on the lawn in the mornings, but then the sun burns it off and the day ends up warm.

All my neighbours are howling for sun, but I'm loving the cooler temps and clouds. Unlike volty, our winds have died now, but this spring was awesomely windy. (I have breathing issues, so wind is GOOD for me).

poor desert cat, in the humidity ! ugh I can't take it either.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 30, 2009, 2:24 PM
Yeah, one of my Sweeties lives in Potowaan,(sp) 3 hours from Toronto, and he was telling me its been cloudy and cool up there for several weeks now. I told him to send some this way and I'd gladly send him some of this stuff...
I can handle heat, just not when it gets stifling hot.:}
Stay cool m'loves:}
Cat

graytwo
Jul 31, 2009, 3:06 AM
Hi Cat!

Weather is weather! Most mountain cats live in the high country where it's cool. All those other smaller cats live where's it's a bit hotter.

Heck, lived in Barstow CA for a number of years and hitting the 100F was no big deal, just a walk in the park on a nice day. Do agree, humidity with temp is major difficult. Here in Michigan, we're dealing with a Summer with 'No Summer' and temps are running 5-10 below avg. with rain coming in mists/spurts. Wind speed has been way above 5-10mph, generally hitting 10-20+ or above.

Yup, pretty screwy weather. Now's who's to blame??? According to the weather types around here, it's all caused by weather systems coming from Canada so let's blame them, cause it's on the net and it has to be true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOzG7bBylRo

Can't believe Rush L ain't figured this one out about the weather from Canada and announced some type of theory against the US by Canada. :)

yup, the weather has been quite different here in the 'mitten' from the last bunch of years.. go figure....

graytwo

artsy girl
Jul 31, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hey you can't blame canada for everything.... lol... were peaceful people.

Cat.. were feeling the same way over here in vancouver, canada.. very.. very.. hot. It's been all the way up to 37 degrees celsuis. I think they said the weather temp has set new records this week..
We normally get a little break from the heat here and there.. a couple of days of rain.. but not this year.

Peg... if you need some sun.. you could always make your way to vancouver.:tongue:

Just carrying around lots of water... and wearing less clothing... nothing feels cool enough to wear all week.

marriedartsygirl

FalconAngel
Jul 31, 2009, 11:42 AM

Cat.. were feeling the same way over here in vancouver, canada.. very.. very.. hot. It's been all the way up to 37 degrees celsuis. I think they said the weather temp has set new records this week..
We normally get a little break from the heat here and there.. a couple of days of rain.. but not this year.

Peg... if you need some sun.. you could always make your way to vancouver.:tongue:

Just carrying around lots of water... and wearing less clothing... nothing feels cool enough to wear all week.

marriedartsygirl

Here in South Florida, we only blame the Canadians for the lousy traffic during tourist season and when they fail to bring cooler weather with them.:tongue:

**Peg**
Jul 31, 2009, 12:59 PM
Hey you can't blame canada for everything.... lol... were peaceful people......Peg... if you need some sun.. you could always make your way to vancouver.:tongue:

thanks artsy.....

I [might] smell a ROADTRIP !!! <grin>

I DO have friends in Sidney by the Sea.

:)

graytwo
Jul 31, 2009, 1:42 PM

marriedartsygirl

I can't help but ask this. Do Canadians actually live in Canada??? It doesn't matter were I've been on vacation when the entertainment staff call out for where people are from, the roar from Canadians blows the doors off all the rest of us nationalities combined. Like, there's not that many of you up there in the "Great White North", so like what do you do, "take off" and leave the place with the lights on even though nobody is home??

just wondering, eh?:rolleyes:

graytwo

Lynne_in_UK
Jul 31, 2009, 3:29 PM
Well, I am here in England, and our weather has been wet! Mild and wet!
When I lived in The States, the norm, in winter, was warm California and cold New York state. But, sometimes, in winter, when it was cold in California then it was warm in Boston.
The same thing sorta applies even over here to England, we get all the bad crappy storms remants that North America got about a week ago. The storms blow in all the way over the Atlantic -- even the old huricane remants! I am interested in how the American weather is a predictor of United Kingdom weather.

artsy girl
Jul 31, 2009, 6:20 PM
That's a funny question actually graytwo.

For me of course i live in canada.. i have all my life,,
All i can figure is that for canadians.. i think even if you live somewhere else.. you still view yourself as a canadian.
Except for my sister in law.. her and her husband both live over in the states.. and they definitly act more like americans.. (nothing against ya all)

Americans also do the same... they go other places.. but always proud they are american.

It's a pride thing i think.:bigrin:

Peg..... anytime you wanna come up...:tongue:

Marriedartsygirl

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 31, 2009, 9:50 PM
lol I lived in Ridgescrest for 30 years before moving up here to the Pacific Northwest. Ridgecrest is 70 miles from Barstow and Victorville. I know them well. I worked in the Vets center in Barstow for while. :}
Cat :}

jem_is_bi
Jul 31, 2009, 11:06 PM
In Michigan, summer never happened. It is still July and some of the trees are already starting to change into autumn colors and drop their leaves. I very much miss days when it is 90 F during the day. This year, it is in the 40's and 50' in the morning and struggles to make it into the 70's by afternoon. Only occasionally does it get a few degrees beyond 80.

I need to experience those extra warm days to balance the experience of the winter cold and snow (damn there was a lot of snow last year).