PDA

View Full Version : advice--trouble posting pics

scorpiorising805
Jul 28, 2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone have any advice about the problem I have adding a couple of more pictures to our profile? This has not been a problem in the past, but all of a sudden I get the error message:" print_standard_error(...)
is now redundant. Instead, use
standard_error(fetch_error(...))? I've tried 3 different browsers, all of my pics are within limits posted, and I even think I posted one earlier. Kind of frustrating. Any helpful advice from you friendly people? Thanks.
SR805

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
I don't have any idea, Thought it might be a site problem, but I just uploaded a pic and it worked fine. But I will try to find out for ya.

scorpiorising805
Jul 28, 2009, 7:55 PM
littleray, thanks. What format did you use (I'm using jpeg) and size (could I be too close to the limit at 140kb)? I'm using Mac OS X, but that's what I used before. Tried my desktop G5 and laptop G4, same error message. I tried putting the same pic on xtube without any trouble. Mysterious but any advice welcome.
SR

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 28, 2009, 8:01 PM
Maximum Allowed Width: 860 px, Maximum Allowed Height: 860 px, Maximum Size: 150 KB Ok this is what the allotment is..

I have Windows XP. My photos are Kodak digital, after loading them through the kodak software. It allows me to save as a smaller size file in 25% increments all the way to thumbnail. You might have to lower the resolution some, cause the more resolution the heavier the size of the file. I save all of mine as Jpeg.

140kb is fine but you do have to mind the px

scorpiorising805
Jul 28, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your patience Littleray...I think the problem was that I had a number in the file name or maybe even a hidden character because when I did a "save as," renamed it and tried the upload it worked fine. :)

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 28, 2009, 10:06 PM
Ahem *swipes sweat from brow* Looks like you did well. Good Job.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 29, 2009, 2:07 AM
I have the same problem sometimes, Loves. I guess it depends on the size of the pic from whatever site it came from, or if its off a disk or something...
Good Luck Sugar
Cat

12voltman59
Jul 29, 2009, 10:46 AM
I had a face shot of me that I have been trying to post--it came from someone else so it was named by a number instead of the way I label pics----I did rename it--but it still didn't upload--I still got the error message that scorpio talked about.