PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get into Chatroom

BootsMcNeill
Jul 28, 2009, 4:48 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to get into the chatrrom but both IE and Firefox shutdown when I follow the chatrrom link. Does any one know why or what I can doo to prevent this happening?

Thanks

welickit
Jul 28, 2009, 9:37 AM
The chat is working fine here with Firefox. I get a warning that I should use an older version of JAVA. I just click continue and everything works fine. Pop up and pop under blockers can block the chat window from opening.

**Peg**
Jul 28, 2009, 2:07 PM
yes Boots, you have to allow popups for this website and/or download an older version of java... I'm presently running JRE 6.7 works fine... subsequent newer versions don't work for me here.

WinXP btw

Sensualists
Jul 29, 2009, 5:41 PM
I also can not enter the chat. I am running a new Mac. Each time I attempt to connect to chat I get a message saying the server is inavailable or my computer is behind a firewall or proxy, instructing me to make sure outgoing TCP connections to main.bisexual.com is on port 8080.

Anyone know what this means & how to correct the problem? Thanks.

12voltman59
Jul 29, 2009, 7:55 PM
I also can not enter the chat. I am running a new Mac. Each time I attempt to connect to chat I get a message saying the server is inavailable or my computer is behind a firewall or proxy, instructing me to make sure outgoing TCP connections to main.bisexual.com is on port 8080.

Never heard of that message coming up on a Mac-that used to happen to me when I used a Verizon Air Card---that is really more of a service provider problem than a problem with your comp I think---

Sorry I can't offer ya any advise--I took care of that problem by ditching the air card and going back to a cable modem and wireless router.

AdamKadmon43
Jul 29, 2009, 9:22 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to get into the chatrrom but both IE and Firefox shutdown when I follow the chatrrom link. Does any one know why or what I can doo to prevent this happening?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. You are probably not missing much.

**Peg**
Jul 30, 2009, 7:49 AM

what I suspect it means is that your firewall is preventing access to the site... your ISP might be able to tell you how to configure the firewall to allow you access here. I think because the domain has the word 'sex' in it that it might also be caught in some filter.

if all that fails, google !!

good luck