PDA

View Full Version : I'm not confused...

Josh17289
Jul 22, 2009, 9:19 PM
So, I was talking with this girl today (whom I've gone out with twice) about sexuality. She told me she would be interested in fooling around with another girl, just to try it. Then she asked me whether I'd be comfortable with fooling around with another guy. I told her yes, and, to my own astonishment, came out and told her I'm bisexual.

Then she turned the conversation that she couldn't date me because of that.

After a rather lengthy argument (honestly I don't know why I bothered with that hypocritical bitch) it all ended with her telling me that I'm just lost and confused, that I can't decide even my sexuality, and that she doesn't want to see me ever again. At that point, I agreed with the last of those, but it's absolutely ludicrous to believe that, as a bisexual man, I'm simply "confused" or in a "transition" stage. I know this is a rather common misconception, but I never knew it would hit me so hard, or be so personal. It really got me riled up.

Why can't the monosexuals understand that some (most? all?) of us bisexuals like BOTH sexes, we're comfortable with whomever we fall in love with, we're happy to fall on either side of the coin? It's just so frustrating that such a misconception could come between me and a girl I thought I liked. :(

AdamKadmon43
Jul 22, 2009, 9:23 PM
I think that happened to me once. I have forgotten what I did about it.

M. Wolfe
Jul 22, 2009, 9:25 PM
I would say be glad it ended, full stop. If a person is going to react badly to something, be it sexuality or whatever, then it's a good thing they do and it's out of the way soon. It's very revealing about a person, what they loose it about.

diamond_tether
Jul 22, 2009, 9:55 PM
We've both been through that and lost out on some things that could have been great friendships/relationships. Bisexuals still make people uncomfortable and as a result, people inappropriately project and assume issues related to it. People assume bisexuals are going to cheat or, as that girl said, are confused. It's a ridiculous assertion because it assumes people typically 'choose' their sexual orientation in the first place; or, that they choose one, and then can or should deny a whole other part of themselves.

It hurts. It sucks. It feels like being judged in the most harsh way possible. You take a stiff upper lip, come vent at us and let us side with and support you. Understand that they're the ones who are confused, misinformed or simply ignorant. It doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them confused, misinformed or ignorant to the realities of 'complimentary' sexualities (as to the spectrum of sexuality itself and the often negatively-toned word 'alternative').

Realist
Jul 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
My first wife was bi. To her, it was natural for women to be attracted to other women. In fact, she had a lover who seduced her when she was way too young, but continued to see her until the old gal died, years later. However, she thought it was "Nasty" for men to be attracted to each other!

I knew how she felt and kept my secret. I loved her so much it seemed like the right thing to do....to keep the peace. I have to admit that it never did affect us, or our relationship. But, if I had met a guy I was attracted to and she knew about it, I'm sure it wouldn't have been pleasant.

I always tell anyone I go with, these days, that I'm bi and it has caused more than one lady to lose interest. But, when I did find a GF, right on this site, it was nice that she understood and accepted me for myself.

rissababynta
Jul 22, 2009, 10:12 PM
My first wife was bi. To her, it was natural for women to be attracted to other women. In fact, she had a lover who seduced her when she was way too young, but continued to see her until the old gal died, years later. However, she thought it was "Nasty" for men to be attracted to each other!

I knew how she felt and kept my secret. I loved her so much it seemed like the right thing to do....to keep the peace. I have to admit that it never did affect us, or our relationship. But, if I had met a guy I was attracted to and she knew about it, I'm sure it wouldn't have been pleasant.

I always tell anyone I go with, these days, that I'm bi and it has caused more than one lady to lose interest. But, when I did find a GF, right on this site, it was nice that she understood and accepted me for myself.

That sucks. You're such a sweet guy...and you being bi only means that you are open minded too..so you are sweet and openminded. HOORAY FOR MEN LIKE THAT!

Shame on he women that that have turned all of you bi guys down, they don't know what they are missing.