PDA

View Full Version : For shitz and giggles

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 13, 2009, 6:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBIID49cMI0

and your mom was good too....

Just singing it helps me blow off steam and it was the 1st cd I bought hubby, on the 1st birthday of his that we shared together. He got the complete CD and also a whore. lingerie stilettos and all....

Realist
Jul 13, 2009, 7:52 PM
I don't know, maybe it's just me, or maybe the polite, genteel, atmosphere in which I was raised is ingrained into my soul............but language like that still makes me feel uncomfortable. Especially when I'm out in public, it bothers me to hear it. Even in private, it sounds harsh and vulgar......too sharp. I told someone one day that some of the music that's popular today, makes my teeth hurt...and I now understand why my dad hated ELVIS!! Maybe I was raised in another era, or even planet. I'm sure I'm older than the majority of those here, so that could account for it. I have said and done things that would make my parents' skin crawl, but for some reason, the language of my youth has stuck with me.

Before anyone yells at me, I am not chiding anyone, criticizing, or condemning; I am the original live-and-let-live fellow. I'm just saying that it's something that I personally do not feel comfortable with.

Isn't it true, that no matter how hard one tries, there are somethings from a person's past that they cannot get away from?

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 13, 2009, 8:27 PM
aww Realist, I know what cha meant and in no way think you are putting me down..It just boils down to taste and even though we each have our own, doesn't mean that it hurts to share the flavors.

I read an article today that stated if you use vulgar language you lessen pain and make it more tolerable. http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090712/sc_livescience/swearingmakespainmoretolerable. While I am not in pain, I do find that some choice 4 letter words can relieve frustration and its easier singing a song like that than doing something more insulting. Plus it does have dear sentimental value for me, since I met hubby on the internet 10 years ago and we married after 9 months. His b-day was 3 months after we married and I hadn't a clue what to get him, I knew of his tastes and searched for a CD that he didn't own that he could chill to while commuting to work, cause it was at least a half hour drive and over a hour with traffic.. And the whore was me, I bought a red bustier, 4 inch black patent leather stilettos and threw myself at him and let him have his way with me for the ending to his special day. So while I know the music is offensive to some, I do not particularly find the words offensive, over all I find the ditty amusing and sometimes when I feel sentimental and I have listen to it and it's an instant flash back to what was the 1st time my hubby said " This was the best birthday ever!"

Az still on the bread now eh (nutters)? Girls do funny things, like try to find something that suite someone perfectly.....

Realist
Jul 14, 2009, 11:31 AM
Strong language:

My dad had an old friend, who was from Denmark. He was an exemplary carpenter. When I was a kid he took me under his wing and showed me many tricks of the building trade.

One day, he was building a wall on the floor, to be raised whole, later. As he was holding a 2X4 with one hand and trying to get a nail started, he hit his thumb with the hammer.

He exclaimed, "Hot JIGGETY!"

Surprised that he didn't use stronger words, I asked him, "Mr Hansen, don't you cuss?"

"Oh, sure." he replied.

I asked him why he didn't cuss when he hit his finger.

He said, "I'm saving it, for when I really need it!"

Conservationist
Jul 20, 2009, 2:01 PM
I told someone one day that some of the music that's popular today, makes my teeth hurt...and I now understand why my dad hated ELVIS!

I completely agree. Except for Slayer, it's a great un-musical void out there.

graytwo
Jul 22, 2009, 9:42 PM
Strong language:

My dad had an old friend, who was from Denmark. He was an exemplary carpenter. When I was a kid he took me under his wing and showed me many tricks of the building trade.

One day, he was building a wall on the floor, to be raised whole, later. As he was holding a 2X4 with one hand and trying to get a nail started, he hit his thumb with the hammer.

He exclaimed, "Hot JIGGETY!"

Surprised that he didn't use stronger words, I asked him, "Mr Hansen, don't you cuss?"

"Oh, sure." he replied.

I asked him why he didn't cuss when he hit his finger.

He said, "I'm saving it, for when I really need it!"

Not surprised by his remark since he was from Denmark, aka - Danmark in Danish.

Jiggity is an expression for something ascew, messy, broken, poorly crafted, in dissaray or anything else the way it shouldn't be. Makes total sense why he didn't cuss. Most nordic types have better words to express the concept of "...when I really need it!" to cuss.

-graytwo