PDA

View Full Version : A Round of Applause

jo69guy
Feb 13, 2006, 11:07 AM
I think we should all appluad and thank the straight spouses and significant others of all our members who are here to learn, about and support their loved ones! You are all VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE! Thank you for all you have done, and are continuing to do!

:flag1: :bibounce: :bipride:

rupertbare
Feb 13, 2006, 11:08 AM
and a big Amen!! to that!!

Love and Peace to you all

Rupe :)
(Really nice thread by the way!!)

Driver 8
Feb 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
I agree - it's altogether too common for straight spouses/significant others to respond badly. I'm genuinely touched by the people who care and want to work things out.

csrakate
Feb 13, 2006, 11:59 AM
Seeing this thread warms my heart more than you will ever know and your timing couldn't be more perfect!! Thank you for understanding why we come here, for accepting us, for sharing with us, for enlightening us! Mutual love and respect may be a necessary ingredient in our relationships with our spouses, but it certainly seems to extend to our relationships with our friends here on this site! I can't thank you enough!

Hugs,
Kate

Mrs.F
Feb 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
Seeing this thread warms my heart more than you will ever know and your timing couldn't be more perfect!! Thank you for understanding why we come here, for accepting us, for sharing with us, for enlightening us! Mutual love and respect may be a necessary ingredient in our relationships with our spouses, but it certainly seems to extend to our relationships with our friends here on this site! I can't thank you enough!

Hugs,
Kate

Dito to all that Kate said... :bigrin:

This brought tears to my eyes. Jo69guy, you are the sweetest guy! I appreciate everyone who has talked to me, helped me and been a friend. It means alot. It is amazing how we have all become a family on here and without you all, my life would not be where it is right now. Thank you, thank you.

hugs and kisses
Mrs.F :angel:

huneypot
Feb 13, 2006, 1:10 PM
Amazin people who lovingly want to learn and understand what "bi" means, their partners are truly lucky people to have them in their lives and to support them. I can not begin to imagine how difficult it must have been for some people in some situations, and i admire their strength, love and commitment to their partners. I know some straight people who come on the site and they are like family to me, true caring, loving, understanding people who have helped me immensly, i hope i can return the favour some time to them. We are a mixed bunch here, but i think its the true beauty of the place, everyone is welcome and made feel welcome, best site i have ever found, Drew thank you again for having this for us, i wish u knew what it really means to some of us to have this place in our lives, i for one would be lost without it. :)

Thank you for thinking of this thread Jo69, an excellent idea, hugz to u mate

jo69guy
Feb 13, 2006, 1:46 PM
I am really touched by the responses this thread has received thus far. As I said, these people are REALLY SPECIAL, and should have all the love and support we can give them! Thanks again to you all!

:bipride: :bibounce:

open2both
Feb 13, 2006, 2:14 PM
Big hugs and smooches!

rupertbare
Feb 13, 2006, 2:20 PM
We are a mixed bunch here, but i think its the true beauty of the place, everyone is welcome and made feel welcome, best site i have ever found, Drew thank you again for having this for us, i wish u knew what it really means to some of us to have this place in our lives, i for one would be lost without it. :)

Thank you for thinking of this thread Jo69, an excellent idea, hugz to u mate.

Really couldn't have put it any better than that (i.e. wish I'd thought of those words!! lol!! :) ) Certainly this is the best site I have ever found for the friendliness of folk, the supportiveness and intelligence of the forums and a chat room where people use English and not "txt" language!! lol!!

May we all enlighten one another through our live's experiences. And continue to enrich one anothers lives through our contact with each other, be those people straight, gay, bi or Martian, single or couples.

Ron (Rupe) :)

red_riding_hood_27
Feb 13, 2006, 2:34 PM
I like to say thank you to all who have taken the time to educate me. Without this website I think I would have been lost and would have left him. The variety of men and women on this site has given me the insight to what Bi-Sexual means. To all who have befriended me and the friends I have yet to meet. I thank you!

Angela

bookworm
Feb 13, 2006, 2:59 PM
You've not only sung to the choir, but to the congregation, as well! May we all be blessed with understanding and tolerance...

allbimyself
Feb 13, 2006, 3:26 PM
Great thoughts, Jo.

The only way to fight intolerance is thru education, understanding and love.

Anyone that slams a person for being here simply because of their sexual identity is not helping the "bisexual cause" (whatever that is) and isn't really a part of this community.

2ferinindy
Feb 13, 2006, 3:28 PM
I have to thank you as well, even if it did make me teary eyed :sniff: :rolleyes: . This group has been the best I've found and a very positive supportive place. It has made it so much better to get to talk to other people about my husband without being told I need to leave him. I came here out of curiosity about my husband and have stayed because it is such a great community. I've had help on this site on everything from a friendly ear when I need it, to help on my math homework :cool: . I've been to groups designed to support women in my shoes and they weren't nearly as good for me as this one. As much as I've gotten out of this site, I feel like I need to be thanking all of you for allowing me to be here and take part. :grouphug:

arana
Feb 13, 2006, 3:33 PM
It takes a very loving spouse to take the information they are given, many times completely by surprise, and decide to learn about the bi-partners instead of wallowing in self pity, then becoming distructive and hateful. Kudos to all the spouse here that have come to learn and in turn educated us on the straight aspects as well.
Thank you all!

moonlitwish
Feb 13, 2006, 5:26 PM
I esp want to thank the str8s here b/c it is y'all that have helped me understand my hubby's straightness! :bigrin: I have learned as much from you as you have from here. It also gives me hope that there are bunches of ppl out there that care enuf to learn about one another instead of turning away to their own prejudice and ignorance.
:bowdown: You are worthy of praise!! It is my hope that you will continue to liven this community with your loving presence!
xoxoxo

Qetesh
Feb 14, 2006, 3:26 AM
I'm new to this site but I have been lurking for a while now and its obvious to me that the people here are truely wonderful. This thread brought a tear to my eye. I dont see myself as anything special, I love my husband and would do anything for him. So he likes men too, thats one thing I can understand.... being attracted to men :bigrin: It just means we have more in common, LOL. But thank you for thinking of and being willing to help/advise/befriend us straights!

Q x

pmg_ams01
Feb 14, 2006, 7:17 AM
Could not agree more with these sentiments - heartfelt thanks.

cchalmer
Feb 14, 2006, 9:48 AM
Straight.....bi.....gay/lesbian......what difference does it make. We are all here for basically the same reason. To learn and grow within ourselves. Those who have been "str8 bashing" on here need to learn not only manners but some decency.....I am very proud to call people on here my friends and I don't care what their orientation is.....they are people first.....last....and always.