I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly.
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it.

("Somebody", by Depeche Mode)

I first heard that song when Kel and I had known one another a mere three years. At the time, I thought it was beautiful, and described an incredible, ideal relationship.

Now that Kel and I have been together 23 years (we met 23 years ago this very day)...I realize that she fits the description in the song beautifully. I could never ask for a more perfect match for a partner! She doesn't come to this site or chat online, so most of you sadly will never have a chance to experience her...nor will she see this here. But I wanted to mark, in some special way among you special people, the 23rd anniversary of meeting *my* somebody...and to honor that somebody who makes me incredibly, incredibly happy and joyful and Blessed!

Love you all...but love her more! :tong:

Realist
Jul 9, 2009, 9:49 PM
Congratulations! You've reached and maintained a wonderful goal. Being with anyone for 23 years and still loving it/them/your life is a fantastic achievement. Wish more of us could say the same thing!

onewhocares
Jul 9, 2009, 11:26 PM
In this day and age the celebration of that many years together..coincidently that of hubby and I is such a rare treasure. I hope that you two continue to share the love and joy in each others hearts and know that the future is yours.

Belle

Indaco76
Jul 10, 2009, 4:35 AM
Hi Annika,
I love DM but don't know the song... and I find that the lyrics are beautiful, so I'll look for it straight away.
Just wanted to congratulate you on your relationship. Sounds like you found your happiness and managed to dispel all those myths about bisexuals that tend to make us all unreliable and untrustworthy.
I wish you many more years of happiness with your loved one!
Indaco
:flag2:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 10, 2009, 2:23 PM
Congrats Dear One and many happy returns! Hug Kel for all of us please. :}
Cat in Chat :rainbow::color: