PDA

View Full Version : BI FLAG

bigurl39
Feb 12, 2006, 3:47 PM
I HUNG A BI FLAG IN MY CAR SO EVERYONE CAN SEE I AM PROUD OF BEING BI. I HAVE A GAY FRIEND WHO IS ALWAYS IN MY CAR AND HE SAID I NEED TO TAKE THE FLAG OUT AND PUT THE RAINBOW UP BECAUSE THAT IS THE REAL FLAG FOR OUR COMMUNITY. I TOLD HIM THAT IF HE CANT RESPECT MY HANGING MY FLAG HE DO NOT HAVE TO GET IN THE CAR. SO NOW HE IS MAD AT ME BECAUSE OF THAT COMMENT. DO ANYONE THINK I AM WRONG?

Lorcan
Feb 12, 2006, 3:59 PM
you could hang both.

just a thought.

Like a American flag above a State flag: I'm queer and i'm this kind of queer.
:rainbow:
:flag1:

But yes, he really should respect your choices.

Driver 8
Feb 12, 2006, 4:22 PM
I might have just told him to get his own car! Still, this hardly seems worth fighting about; couldn't you just bombard him with information about the history of the bi flag until he's sorry he ever raised the subject?

Iowabiguy
Feb 12, 2006, 6:47 PM
I would indicate to your friend that he/she is being biphobic and that you are perfectly happy to express your pride for being bisexual. If your friend wants to express his/her gay pride then go with it and support that person. But by all means stand up for being bi.
I really respect your courage. I have not yet put a bisexual flag up. I have however put a red ribbon (AIDs awareness) window ribbon in my car. I wish I had your courage. Wait, maybe I DO!! Where can I find a bi-flag window sticker?

wanderingrichard
Feb 12, 2006, 7:30 PM
hey, tell him to get his own car so he can hang his lil rainbow there and become a target for all the homophobes he might pass who know what it means..

how many haters do ya think actually know what the bi flag is?? might think it's the flag of some small UN country since so few have actually ever seen one.

just my :2cents:
Rich

wanderingrichard
Feb 12, 2006, 7:32 PM
on a more serious note; fly the flag proudly girl.. and if he still carps about it, see my previous post. :eek:

bigregory
Feb 12, 2006, 8:06 PM
Fly it proud.
Fly it for all that cannot.
Fly it for girls and fly it for boys.
Fly it.
Fly it.
:flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :bipride:

codybear3
Feb 13, 2006, 12:07 AM
I have my Bi-sexual Bear flag magnet in my truck. My friends have been in my truck and also know I am Bi. In my case, one of two things are happening....Either they respect me for who I am or because of my size, they are smart enough to keep thier mouths in check...

Be who you are. Be proud of who you are. Be proud to show your colors if you wish. Do not deviate from who you are because someone else says that your flag is the wrong one...Like a friend of mine said a long time ago:

I am who I am.
Take me as I come
or don't take me at all.... :paw: :paw:

jo69guy
Feb 13, 2006, 11:01 AM
While I believe our flag is just a variation of the gay rainbow flag, I think our lifestyle is somewhat different than the "purely gay" lifestly, and therefore we should have our own symbols, flags, etc.

:bipride: :flag1:

nnjbicoupleforplay
Feb 13, 2006, 4:24 PM
Be yourself bigurl39. The real symbol is you, proud of who you are. If he is truly a good friend, he will get over it and respect you for who you are.

:female: :male: :bipride:

Have you hugged your bi-friend today??

meteast chick
Feb 13, 2006, 4:41 PM
You're not 100% gay, so why hang a gay flag? Sure, the bi-flag is a spinoff of the gay pride flag, but if your friend is truly a friend, he would stop pressuring you to do something you obviously don't want to do. I'm married and bicurious, obviously not 100% gay, so why would I hang a gay pride flag? Not everyone feels the same way your friend does, and he needs to respect your thoughts and your car.

moonlitwish
Feb 13, 2006, 4:58 PM
You have chosen to display a symbol that represents how you are. If he wants to display a symbol that represents himself...tell him to get his own space to do it in. We bis have a different kind of community culture than the gays, and thus our own symbols to identify with. Besides, it's ur car....tell him you don't like the color green, and don't want it in your car...how can he logically argue with that? (unless it's ur fav color....in that case, I'm out of ideas.... :rolleyes: )

huneypot
Feb 14, 2006, 10:07 AM
BE LOUD
BE PROUD
HAND IT HIG FOR THE WORLD TO SEE
good on u girl
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bowdown:

jo69guy
Feb 14, 2006, 12:19 PM
Had another thought. My partner is gay, but he accepts that I like women as well, though I presently am not intimate with any. He knows that there are some of us out here that like both sexes equally. I wish more people were as understanding as he is. :2cents: :flag1:

birugratchic
Feb 15, 2006, 2:23 AM
well tell him to look up the symbolism to each flag n see what they really mean, because:

the rainbow flag was actually thght up for the gay community to be recognized and treated equally also, and at the same time it also means diversity (each color meaning a different definition),

RED=life
ORANGE=healing
YELLOW=sun
GREEN=nature
BLUE=harmony
PURPLE=spirit

*but the flag was originally borrowed from the hippie movement & the black civil rghts groups made to represent DIVERSITY.

The bisexual flag on the other hand is a mixture of us all as people, the colors being:

top 40% pink/magenta=GAY/LESBIAN
middle 20% purple=BISEXUAL
bottom 40% blue=STRAIGHT

where the symbolism of the flag is that the pink & blue colors mixed together blends together to become the purple which is bisexual, and the pupose of this flag being unveiled in 1998 was to maximize the bisexual pride and visibility "SO U GO RIGHT AHEAD GIRL N KEEP REPRESENTING US WITH CONFIDENCE"

the last thing is that(not to be "realistic" or anything), but if he is so much into the gay flag why would he continue his relationship with you ur a woman and there's smethin about u he loves!!! He should just accept the flag knowing that its in ur car and he's a part of ur great bisexual life.

Nara_lovely
Feb 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
Those that say "You can't....You must" often have their own issues to deal with, and need you to agree.

But....over time, the ones who like you for who YOU ARE, will understand. Just be yourself!

Nara :flag3:

lv69cpl69
May 14, 2009, 8:20 PM
sure wish I could be open like that but as a company owner. it could / would cost a lot of work. Sad but true.

12voltman59
May 15, 2009, 2:03 AM
This thread being resurrected has a sad element to it--just a few posts above was done by our dearly departed Huneypot----it is so sad she is gone!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 15, 2009, 2:28 AM
I respect your choice of life Honeygirl, but just please be Very careful. There's alot of ignorance out there in the world, and the haters are all about. Display your flag, banner or whatever you wish, but just know that some folks are just plain "ignernt' (Southern pronounciation of Ignorant) of things they know nothing of, and these types of people can be vicious.
Be proud of who you are, but just watch yer back too, Baby. :}
Cat
PS I think I can get Rainbow flags..If any of you want one, let me know and we work something out. :}

rissababynta
May 15, 2009, 3:15 PM
I would have told him that it was my car and I'd put in it what I want.

However, since putting a "born again Pagan" bumper sticker on my born again christian mother in law's car...I'm not allowed to even look at things to decorate the car with anymore...:(