PDA

View Full Version : The Law. . .

TaylorMade
Jun 26, 2009, 1:13 PM
So, in a conversation with my transgirl-friend (she isn't my g/f, but we are close and I think of her as a sister)we discussed something that we've so far found to be true, so much so that I've tested it in real life, and she hasn't been. . .wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsXOcK9_Cw)yet. She even has a venture brothers reference ('Tag Sale, you're it!') to back her up.

So far, it seems to be a law of nature: while not all male Depeche Mode fans are bisexual, ALL bisexual men like Depeche Mode.

I'm a skeptic. So , I figured if anyone else was going to give me answers. . . ya'll would.

*Taylor*

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 26, 2009, 1:14 PM
The bi man that lives inside me likes depeche mode... Seriously.. Well One song by em anyway...

12voltman59
Jun 26, 2009, 1:26 PM
I am not that familiar with all of their work--but the music I do recall hearing--I did like----based on that--I probably would like the rest of their music--but since my knowledge of them is so thin--its a hard one to answer one way or the other with any degree of certainty.

TaylorMade
Jun 26, 2009, 1:41 PM
Been watching Orgazmo? ;)

Love their older stuff :cutelaugh

Becoming a Meme-Slayer?
The force is strong with you.....

I've actually never seen Orgazmo.

I did actually start this thread with you in mind along with another member who really likes DM and does go to their shows. I wanted to see where you stood since you're more of a metalhead. The other member who likes DM? I just want to get into his pants and fuck him senseless.

*Taylor*

void()
Jun 26, 2009, 4:29 PM
<wandering in from the cold and unaware of this new law ...>

Um hm hm ... okaaaaaay.

That's really fucked up Taylor. Not because you or you g/f are wrong. Um, I'm bi and love DM. I blame my wife though. Got her hooked on Rush, she tossed me DM. The Mode is just stark and dark. Also love the group Yazzoo. The lyricist from DM having been the same in Yazzoo.

Never realized liking DM labeled you as bi, or was correct. Um, but then again I never realized Judas Priest was supposedly 'gay metal', either. <chuckles> Also love Priest, and Iron Maiden. Guess if I toss in Bach and Beethoven I'm a royal queen. Ha, also love me some Queen and did know Freddy Mercury was gay long before it was popular knowledge. Just how? I'll plead the fourth and drink the fifth. ;)

genera101.2
Jun 26, 2009, 6:38 PM
Yeah, I think there is definitely a positive correlation. Bi and devote dM. And yes I have tickets for me and my boys for the August 25 concert. I also found out Pet Shop is on tour and will be in Vegas. Got my ticket for that too. K, maybe Pet Shop is a little more gay, but hey not as gay as Erasure.

fuzzybunnykins
Jun 26, 2009, 6:41 PM
Just asked my other half (male bisexual) and he loves DM lol

TaylorMade
Jun 26, 2009, 7:11 PM
Yeah, I think there is definitely a positive correlation. Bi and devote dM. And yes I have tickets for me and my boys for the August 25 concert. I also found out Pet Shop is on tour and will be in Vegas. Got my ticket for that too. K, maybe Pet Shop is a little more gay, but hey not as gay as Erasure.

Yooooou! (Madison and I are naming the law after you, BTW) You know I was counting on you, rite?

What always gets me is: Why dM? There were other bands/acts of that era...Prince, anyone? That had some appeal to the not-quite-str8 demographic, so how come that band got that label? 'Cause their wiki didn't cover it. :-P

*Taylor*

P.S-- so cute you're taking your kids. My parents didn't take me any damn where cool. Adopt me?

void()
Jun 26, 2009, 10:54 PM
Cure ?

Ack. Does that imply you could possibly like Velvet Underground as well?

I think it was pretty much given during 'growing up' that listening to the cure set you outside of everything. "Oh, he's really [insert the weekly favorite slur]."

Also read Ursala Leguin and Atwood. Tried getting into Rand a bit. Probably, means I'm an objective objectifier or something. Not that I care, because concurrent thought says entrophy always wins.

I'll soon need to retire for the eve and take my 'happy' pill. Can tell when the 'nasties' start creeping in. Been a good reason to kind of duck and cover of late, that and busy with learning various stuff on Linux, programming.

Odd conversation, music or art and labels ... hm. Cigars are often just cigars, if they know it or not.

boca.openminded
Jun 26, 2009, 11:39 PM
So, in a conversation with my transgirl-friend (she isn't my g/f, but we are close and I think of her as a sister)we discussed something that we've so far found to be true, so much so that I've tested it in real life, and she hasn't been. . .wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsXOcK9_Cw)yet. She even has a venture brothers reference ('Tag Sale, you're it!') to back her up.

So far, it seems to be a law of nature: while not all male Depeche Mode fans are bisexual, ALL bisexual men like Depeche Mode.

I'm a skeptic. So , I figured if anyone else was going to give me answers. . . ya'll would.

*Taylor*

In the 80's when Depeche Mode hit the scene I was very straight and dated a few women for long lengths of time. As a seudo punk rocker (not full mohawk but dressed the part) I listened to only (what today we call it new wave) style of music and Depeche Mode was one of my favorite bands.

Only in the past few years and well after Depeche Mode was out of the limelight did I have bi interests.

To answer your question MOST bi sexuals like Depeche Mode back in the day but many of my straight friends also liked them and still do like their old music.

PS: if you said anyone that owned a "Dead or Alive" then I'd agree with you... lol

pasco_lol_cpl
Jun 26, 2009, 11:58 PM
:cutelaugh Damnit Taylor, now I gotta recall all my guy friends that likes Dm and check them out more closely. Oh any special meaning to a like of NIN besides the obvious?

Flounder1967
Jun 27, 2009, 12:26 AM
I am really really really bi guy. (not acking remember) I was a jock so i never got into DM. I like metal, and floyd. If any musice got into the top 40 that sounds good i listened. DM is just not my music. In my 67G of musice i have close 100 cassets, and 4 yes 4 LP no DM. what does that say.:bibounce:

12voltman59
Jun 27, 2009, 9:46 AM
How about Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music----think that this music was/is a fave of bis??

Herbwoman39
Jun 27, 2009, 12:51 PM
ROFLMAO! Okay I just asked my 'kinda curious' Hubby and he kinda likes DP!!LOL! He said that a co-worker of his introduced him to it and he learned to like it.

csrakate
Jun 27, 2009, 12:56 PM
ROFLMAO! Okay I just asked my 'kinda curious' Hubby and he kinda likes DP!!LOL! He said that a co-worker of his introduced him to it and he learned to like it.

Uhhh...did you really mean to day DP and not DM??? Of course, this statement would take on a far different meaning if you meant DP!LOL....I am so sorry...but I couldn't resist....forgive me, Herbwoman!!

Herbwoman39
Jun 27, 2009, 1:09 PM
Uhm. Err... That really ought to read "DM" <slinks away blushing furiously muttering invectives about stupid typos>

TaylorMade
Jun 27, 2009, 2:13 PM
Well, liking dM and being kinda curious can lead to liking DP. You were getting ahead of yourself. :p

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Jun 28, 2009, 2:29 AM
In a fetish club where the dM is played fast and furious. There are more hetflexible/bi males here, no doubt. It seems 'genera's Law' is till just theory here (online), but it seems in face 2 face encounters it holds. I have drinks with a rather conservative bi man tomorrow . And we'll see.

*Taylor*

cliffml
Jun 28, 2009, 2:13 PM
Sorry to be the one to tell you "the law" is wrong. I'm a bisexual male and i hate depeche mode, to be honest i think they suck. Almost all that type of music blows. They should have died with the rest of the new wave crap of the 80's. This is just my opinion and not ment to affend anyone who likes that type of music.

Knightspast
Jun 28, 2009, 11:57 PM
God damn, you got me I like Depeche Mode...

Bi-Zarro
Jun 29, 2009, 12:30 PM
Sorry, folks, not into Depeche Mode. Or the Cure. Love the Velvet Underground and Roxy Music, though.

TaylorMade
Jul 3, 2009, 3:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

*Taylor*

pasco_lol_cpl
Jul 3, 2009, 3:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

*Taylor*
First time I heard that I went :eek: But its a cover that has grown on me

wannasuckfirstdick
Jul 4, 2009, 11:58 AM
I hate all that type of music. I only liked hard rock like AC/DC, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, Metallia, etc.. That top 40 MTV crap just plain sucks. No offense to those who like wimp music, lol, but not anywhere near my tastes. I am only orally bi, not into anal or love relationships, just sucking a clean dick but no romantic type stuff. Guys dont turn me on just thier dicks, lol. Weird.

rissababynta
Jul 4, 2009, 12:22 PM
I turned to my husband and said "Do you know who they are cause I sure don't" and he told me that if I heard some songs I'd know what everyone was talking about. Apparently he thinks they are alright. I'm gonna haveto seriously youtube some of their stuff cause I still don't know who they are...all I know is that I love Barry Manilow and Huey Luis...:-/

DiamondDog
Jul 4, 2009, 9:58 PM
I really enjoy DM's music but I know lots of heterosexual men who like it too. I also love the velvet underground and some of Lou Reed's solo stuff.

obskyurd
Jul 7, 2009, 4:03 AM
The first time I heard DM when I was in my mid teens I thought it was just alright (I was much more into the "Grunge" metallica, RHCP and Faith no more etc.) I did start getting into them in my early 20s when I heard "No Good" on the "Ultra" album. From there I started listening to their previous albums and liked them.

I dunno if it is relevant but once I hit Jr High (middle school) I didnt have an attraction to guys anymore until my early 20s, when I started liking DM. :confused:

I was into the somewhat dark 80s rock sound like Platinum Blonde, which 4 some reason stimulates the same musical-emotional connection in me.

I love Floyd (fav band , and late 90s early 2000s mainstream electronica (eg massive attack, air, royksopp). Then the gay side of me can't help but love BSB N Sync, Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, and of course the Pet Shop Boys.

Indaco76
Jul 8, 2009, 5:06 AM
I totally agree, I'm bi and I love DM. Both their music and Dave Gahan... he's one of my favourite VIPs for erotic dreams! Not cute or even "handsome", but sooo sexy...
But I'm a girl, so I don't know if it counts...
:flag2:

f2watchm
Jul 14, 2009, 8:51 AM
i guess the same holds tru for erasure and new order?? i like those too.