PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson dies...

codybear3
Jun 25, 2009, 6:34 PM
BREAKING NEWS:Michael Jackson dies at age 50Los Angeles Times, TMZ

Wots happening to our beloved stars??? :(:paw::paw:

chook
Jun 25, 2009, 7:03 PM
Love him or loath him you all have to admit he was a special talent in his own right and an entertainer through and through.

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 25, 2009, 7:15 PM
I will always be a Thriller Fan... With Alot of his stuff you couldn't help but dance. Gosh I hope his kids will be okay and the family quits all there stupidity now. Time for them to pull together for the kids.. RIP Michael...

This is sort of hitting me harder than I thought it would.. Michael had a coronary....My father,, pretty healthy man, lost a lot of weight had his diabetes under control. Then he went to work one day, He was a long haul truck driver.. Was waiting for his tailor to be loaded and collapsed on the spot. Came out of no where.

I sort of feel the same way as when I found out my father had passed.

codybear3
Jun 25, 2009, 7:26 PM
Many good songs from this individual... Kudos for the thriller LP... But to me, Man in the Mirror is what the whole world needs to look at... I'm not good at finding pieces or clips, but I'd be greatful if someone could paste this "clip" on here for viewing... :(:(:(:(:paw::paw:

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 25, 2009, 7:28 PM
Here ya go Cody Babe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwu3D-Luo-E

codybear3
Jun 25, 2009, 7:38 PM
Here ya go Cody Babe

Thank you much, M'Lady... Folks, I will probably bump this throughout the weekend... :(:paw::paw:

csrakate
Jun 25, 2009, 7:42 PM
I am haunted by something Vitt said in the Farrah Fawcett thread about things happening in threes....guess this is it.....Hard to believe.

vittoria
Jun 25, 2009, 7:47 PM
...and TMZ scooped the major news outlets...

:(

This sucks. I was SO hoping they were wrong... CNN announced it 19 minutes ago...

and Kate...

I thought about what I said earlier when I found out a couple hours ago and its fkkn with me HARD dOOd.

:(

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 25, 2009, 7:51 PM
Vitt,

There is about to be a press conference outside the UCLA med center hun, TMZ is gonna stream it live. So will other news outlets.

rissababynta
Jun 25, 2009, 7:52 PM
on AOL, Yahoo and all over the TV...sorry Vitt, it's true..

However you were right in wondering who was going to be next...he was the third...

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 25, 2009, 9:30 PM
Actually, theres been a rash of stars leaving for the heavens..Natasha Richardson, David Carridine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson. Ricardo Montalban, Dom De Luis and a few others that I cant remember at the moment.
Rest in peace, Ya'll..
Cat

Lateralus
Jun 25, 2009, 9:31 PM
RIP. What a bummer.

LOTUS
Jun 26, 2009, 1:33 AM
i dont care if u guys beleve in psychics or mediums,but its been said 3 famous people are going to die this year and hes one and so is f. f the lady movie star i wonder who the 3rd will be

shybipinay
Jun 26, 2009, 1:41 AM
Oh my, this is as shocking as the day Elvis died. I wonder what my Thriller LP is worth today.............

Ya . . . . . "Man in the Mirror" - profound tune!

Michael will live on forever on the turntables of so many DJ's.

elian
Jun 26, 2009, 6:10 AM
Very talented artist. When I've thought about it seemed obvious to me that he struggled all of his life to be loved and accepted. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a platinum selling celebrity so early in life..lot of pressure - what would YOU do?

Just goes to show you that money isn't everything..I just wish he would've taken some of it and bought some therapy. I could even sort of understand what he was saying about the innocence of kids, that still doesn't justify abuse..I don't know if any of those allegations are true or not .. Good or bad, the dude needed help - instead he seemed to use his wealth to isolate himself.

Even saying all of this I believe he had an unbelievable amount of talent..not meant as bashing - just my two cents.

buds50
Jun 26, 2009, 8:32 AM
hapy birthday to me.. great present he was a child molester good rid.

12voltman59
Jun 26, 2009, 9:22 AM
It is too bad about the death of Michael Jackson---he was a great figure in the world of music and in our culture beyond that---it is also a sad part of his story that he developed all his oddities and eccentricites----it does go to show that perhaps people should not have access to virtually unlimited amounts of money---so that people are able to buy things that indulge their craziness.

One interersting tidbit about his death-----amidst the Twitters from the people of Iran talking about how they are being hunted down and killed by the thugs of that evil regime----they are talking about how sad they are at the death of Michael Jackson---so--his legacy extends beyond our own nation or "western" culture---the outbpouring of grief over his death is coming from all over the world--and for the powers that be in Iran--that they have so many of their people loving a cultural figure from the land of "The Great Satan"--means that even though they may win some battles---they sure as hell have lost the war!!!

There is no doubt--whatever transgressionis Michael Jackson may have done in his life--he will continued to be loved and will not be forgotten for a long time to come.

12voltman59
Jun 26, 2009, 9:26 AM
i dont care if u guys beleve in psychics or mediums,but its been said 3 famous people are going to die this year and hes one and so is f. f the lady movie star i wonder who the 3rd will be

Its not dying in a year--hundreds if not thousands of celebs just like the rest of us die---the old saw is that celebs die in batchs of threes in short order and I say the three that make up this case--is first Ed McMahon, Michael J and then Farah Fawcett.

Bi-Zarro
Jun 26, 2009, 9:30 AM
Well, there goes part of my childhood. So strange.

_Joe_
Jun 26, 2009, 9:53 AM
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcet, and the Thriller.

WHy does that "always in threes" keep proving true :/

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
Ruh Roh... Might be a case of medical misconduct????

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/26/michael-jackson-doctor-morphene-demerol-lapd-overdose/

12voltman59
Jun 26, 2009, 4:13 PM
In spite of all the sort of crazy stuff that surrounded Michael Jackson's later life--that does not take away from his contribution to music and culture---those contributions and effects will be longlasting and his body of work will live on for years to come.

Like in the lives of those we knew in our personal lives that may not have always been good or positive--I like to look at the good things that people have left--none of us are perfect by any measure---we all have our good and bad.

Michael Jackson was party to making some great music from an early age as part of The Jackson Five and The Jacksons on to his solo career in later life----it is too bad that his efforts to make some more music were cut short.

bishavedmale4u
Jun 26, 2009, 4:41 PM
Good, One less Pedifile

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 26, 2009, 4:42 PM
Good, One less Pedifile

Who's displaying their penis for kiddies to see hmmmmm??????

ziggybabie
Jun 26, 2009, 6:51 PM
This just in. Michael didn't die from cardiac arrest.

It was food poisoning. He choked on 12 yr old nuts.

*sorry. lol. had to. reposted from elsewhere*

_Joe_
Jun 26, 2009, 8:16 PM
I find it hard to really say what I feel about it all. I know he redefined music when I was younger, I know he was extremelly talented. I know how big he is. When I was a kid, I had his albums. I wore the hell out of my cassette tapes, so did alot of my friends, showing that music wasn't divided by race or age.

I also have a complete disgust for anyone who does things to children that he was accussed of. Yes, he was found not guilty. So was OJ Simpson though, proving high price lawyers can buy innocence. If it wasn't enough, but it happened again with MJ. Course by the second round I couldn't blame MJ as much as the parents that put their kids into that position, because as a parent I simply couldn't do that after looking over all the released evidence of the 1st trial.

I read somewhere one fan saying basically it didn't matter if he was guilty in the end, because all the good he did overshadowed the bad. I can't fathom why anyone would say or believe such a thing, that if you are rich and talented enough, you get a free ticket to do what anything you want. I can't think like that... so here I am torn not knowing how to react to the news of his passing.

boca.openminded
Jun 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
another musician that died from an overdose. This time it wasn't coke or meth it was the pain med Demoral.

People with money think they are above the law but they are not. He should not have been allowed to take this many pills but because he had the fame & money he got whatever he wanted.

We should mourn the Entertainer not the person. They obviously are 2 separate people. The entertainer changed music and dance for ever and will be recognized as one of the best entertainers ever. Yes, he will go down in history in the same sentence as Elvis and the Beatles.

The "person" is a fuckin child molester and should have been jailed years ago. To pay $20 million to a child as hush money is basically admitting your guilt. What he's done that we do not know is the scary part. These kids will be fucked up for their entire lives.

The good thing is that he will no longer have to face the inner battles between thinking he is a child and being an adult.

RIP

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 27, 2009, 12:16 AM
Well, whatever he's done, he has already faced his Maker, and that's between them.
Right, wrong, or indifferent-his legacy will live on, regardless of what people feel about him.
RIP and may peace finally be with your soul.
Cat

codybear3
Jun 27, 2009, 11:06 AM
*** BUMP ***

This will be the only bump to give folks a chance to listen to this song, Man in the mirror... Good words, good message... Love him or hate him, the words have iron in them... :paw::paw:

SweetBlackAngel
Jun 27, 2009, 11:28 AM
Well, there goes part of my childhood. So strange.

I had a friend say a similar thing to me. I was in college when Thriller came out. It was like yesterday. Still hard to believe.

codybear3
Jun 27, 2009, 6:11 PM
I had a friend say a similar thing to me. I was in college when Thriller came out. It was like yesterday. Still hard to believe.

My Thriller is back, and I am in heaven... Hello beautiful... :smirlove2:paw::paw:

MissyMissy
Jun 27, 2009, 8:57 PM
as for music i love Michael Jacksons old stuff especially Rock With You...
Micahel had lots of issues and i feel he was taken advantage of a lot because of them.
and i still feel that any parent who would leave thier children alone with him were fools. i cannot say Michael is exactly a pedophile as i really didnt know him and i do not read in detail about it because of my own issues. but he seemed like one. he also seemed like a child himself at times adult but never mentally grew beyong a young teenager. i could be wrong but like i said i did not know him well enough to make a true judgement.
missymissy

dickhand
Jun 28, 2009, 8:17 AM
Where else but America can a young african-american boy grow up to be lecherious caucasion-american man ?

llllllllll
Jun 28, 2009, 1:18 PM
I heard they will be cremating Michael's body and selling the remains to Legos so little boys will finally have the chance to play with him.

codybear3
Jun 28, 2009, 2:05 PM
Now Billy Mays dies at 50.... No more Oxi-Clean... :paw::paw:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_billy_mays;_ylt=AuSdc2OoaHi9tqzoXPYtnwVH2o cA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1dTgyNzc1BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bi1jaGFubm VsBHNsawN0dnBpdGNobWFuYmk-

_Joe_
Jun 28, 2009, 4:01 PM
Billy Mays lat words.... "First, Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcet, Then Michael Jackson, BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!!!!!..."

allbimyself
Jun 28, 2009, 5:12 PM
LOL Joe

Realist
Jun 28, 2009, 5:44 PM
This is weird, but the song of his I liked the best was about a pet rat! I think "BEN" was a rat, wasn't he? Truthfully, I know he was talented and millions loved his work, but he was one really weird dude. Who knows what really went on behind his closed doors? I cannot condemn him, without the facts, though. Still, Like Missy said, I would not leave my children alone with him....if I had any.

_Joe_
Jun 28, 2009, 7:41 PM
First of all, you don't even know how to spell it, and second of all, he was never proven to be a pedophile.

I hate to chime in here, but I must every time I read how someone was not proven this or that or not found guilty....

2nd time around when prosecution lawyers wanted a full investigation to prove it once and for all, he ended up paying over 20 million dollars to the accusers to make them go away. We read in the papers often (or I do at least) that criminals are being set free due to new DNA testing available to prove their innocence. And as if the legal system wasn't already dependable enough, don't forget OJ was found not guilty ><

rissababynta
Jun 28, 2009, 7:52 PM
Its not dying in a year--hundreds if not thousands of celebs just like the rest of us die---the old saw is that celebs die in batchs of threes in short order and I say the three that make up this case--is first Ed McMahon, Michael J and then Farah Fawcett.

Correction, MJ was the first in a restarting cycle. First was David Carradine, then Ed McMahon, then Farrah....For batch number two we have MJ starting off and it was just announced (today I believe) that Billy Mays has died at age 50 (oxyclean, kaboom guy).

GASP! It's getting really freaking weird yall...

_Joe_
Jun 28, 2009, 9:18 PM
Oh lord Im ashamed I forgot about David.

boca.openminded
Jun 28, 2009, 11:41 PM
First of all, you don't even know how to spell it, and second of all, he was never proven to be a pedophile. I suggest that you have some respect for someone who gave a lot of people enjoyment. He was very talented, both in singing and dancing. I think you're just a lame jealous deadbeat who's only talent is raiding the fridge.

if that is what you believe then why did he give the child in the first court battle $20 million to make it go away? You only do that if you know you are guilty.

he was a fucked up individual. Due to his parents putting pressure on him to become an entertainer at such a young age he never was a child. Later in life that is when he started going back and lived as a child where he played games that children did. It is true that children sleep in the same bed but he was not a child. He mentally thought he was but in reality he was not...

but like I said in my prior post we mourn the entertainer not the person!

jamiehue
Jun 29, 2009, 4:09 PM
I totally agree. The entertainer m.j. had me on the dancefloor really like nobody else. Gotta bees startin somethin miami beach a hot july night, sweat, ice, and thunder. Hell with the crap on the airwaves today what a loss.Thats why if one of those peds dies nobody cares.

vittoria
Jun 29, 2009, 5:16 PM
First of all, you don't even know how to spell it, and second of all, he was never proven to be a pedophile. I suggest that you have some respect for someone who gave a lot of people enjoyment. He was very talented, both in singing and dancing. I think you're just a lame jealous deadbeat who's only talent is raiding the fridge.

BTW Chimera... welcome back sweetie! Missed you much!

And I have my own opine about the whole thing. I wont bring it up, for the "holier than ALL/righteousness trolls" will spring up worse than that woodchuck from "Caddyshack".

In other news... I'm deeply saddened by the death of Michael. I'm not like the media, who latch on to anything negative, harp on it, and bludgeon people with self righteous hysteria--Leave that to Fred Phelps and his ilk.The media know how to make people believe anything... say something enough times and fiction is fact. I'll link when my Op/Ed is finished about this sad, entertaining, yet tragic figure. He too was an icon. And no matter what he did, you know damn good and well all these people who talk the most sh*t watched every video he ever made, and probably even owned a few 8 tracks or cassettes.

buds50
Jun 30, 2009, 7:49 AM
I'll let someone else pounce on this fecal mind, as I don't see any sport involved.

ill deal with it myself a-hole, or shit for brains, if it was your kid he molested u would be the first one screaming for his hide or prob u would be there with your hand out for a payoff like these other leaches

rissababynta
Jun 30, 2009, 10:12 AM
ill deal with it myself a-hole, or shit for brains, if it was your kid he molested u would be the first one screaming for his hide or prob u would be there with your hand out for a payoff like these other leaches

LAME!

buds50
Jul 1, 2009, 7:03 AM
This just in. Michael didn't die from cardiac arrest.

It was food poisoning. He choked on 12 yr old nuts.

*sorry. lol. had to. reposted from elsewhere*

thats funny ziggy.. glad someone else can see the fun in getting rid of a child molester,not like some other creeps in here,who worry about spelling over the welfare of a little kid