PDA

View Full Version : Martina Navratilova sued for millions by 'wife' after being 'dumped without warning'

Lynne_in_UK
Jun 25, 2009, 4:14 AM
Found this in the Daily Mail newspaper here in the UK:

""""Martina Navratilova is being sued for millions by a former lover who claims she was dumped without warning after nearly eight years.

Toni Layton has filed a lawsuit for the ‘emotional, mental and physical trauma’ she claims she suffered.

She says she was ‘removed’ from the tennis legend’s life and locked out of the six multi-million-dollar homes they shared.

Toni Layton, right, has filed a 'domestic partnership lawsuit' against Martina Navratilova, claiming she endured 'emotional, mental and physical trauma'

The lawsuit, filed in Sarasota, Florida, claims Miss Navratilova – who won the women’s singles title at Wimbledon a record nine times – has refused to return hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of property owned and registered in Miss Layton’s sole name.

This includes a classic Mercedes Benz, two Land Rovers, a Jeep, a speedboat, two jet-skis, two scooters and two all-terrain vehicles.

It also claims Miss Navratilova, 52, has refused to return gifts including jewellery, a bicycle, ceramic pots, pets and even three guns – two shotguns and a pistol."""" (end of article)

My comments:

Well, all I can say is: FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T GIVE HER THE GUNS!

Lesbians, like all women everywhere, can end up in bitter divorces, but, honestly, I don't think Miss Layton has a chance of getting anything financially (especially in homophobic Florida!).

What are your thoughts of women marrying women; bitter divorces; being kick out on the street with only your clothes on (this is what Miss Layton has asserted). How much financial responsibily does Miss Navratilova have towards her ex? This will be the second bitter divorce that Miss Navratilova has/is going to go through.

gfofbiguy
Jun 25, 2009, 8:09 AM
Well, she may be able to get back (and probably will) the items that are in "her name only"; but as for the "gifts" given to Martina, I highly doubt that Toni Layton will get anything back for those, as they are GIFTS... my :2cents:

As for how much financial responsibility Martina has towards her now-ex, I guess that depends if there was anything in writing when they got together. I know the law here in Nevada, (for marriages ending in divorce), one can ask for maintenance (spousal support) if the couple has been married for 7 years or more.

rissababynta
Jun 25, 2009, 10:24 AM
Well, she may be able to get back (and probably will) the items that are in "her name only"; but as for the "gifts" given to Martina, I highly doubt that Toni Layton will get anything back for those, as they are GIFTS... my :2cents:

As for how much financial responsibility Martina has towards her now-ex, I guess that depends if there was anything in writing when they got together. I know the law here in Nevada, (for marriages ending in divorce), one can ask for maintenance (spousal support) if the couple has been married for 7 years or more.

You're right, gifts are gifts. If it was given during the course of the relationship with the understanding of it being a present, then that is what it is and she's shit outta luck.

Guess Toni does't watch Judge Judy much :-P

jamieknyc
Jun 25, 2009, 11:58 AM
If they were married or had a domstic partnership under the laws of another state, Florida may enforce it.