PDA

View Full Version : For the ladies out there.

Ratchick
May 7, 2005, 6:38 PM
Okay, if this is too vulgur, please tell me.
But I have a real question.
How many women douche?
MY GYN told me never ever to douche cause it messes up the bacterial balence in your vagina.
If you do, Do you prefer women who douche?
Thanks-
RC

gayle
May 8, 2005, 4:04 PM
I used to douche until I learned from the doctors that it messes up our systems and can cause infections. Frankly, I find it liberating to NOT douche. I used to douche after sex an I always felt like I was cleaning up and that somehow sex was dirty. Once freed by the gynecologists to NOT douche, I felt delightfully liberated. Sexual fluids were then accepted as normal and natural and certain smells are normal. It was great to be freed from the implication that our sexual fluids and smells are somehow dirty and something we must cleanse from ourselves. ;)

Ratchick
May 8, 2005, 4:17 PM
Gayle,
I agree. But some lesbians and Bi women I have talked to think women who don't are dirty. I bathe upto 3 x's day....I am clean..very clean.
I was just wondering if those who don't douche are the minority.
My last GF Douched, but didnt care if I did. I didnt notice a big difference really. I liked her either way. Part of the joy of Sex if sharing those types of natural scents.
Atleast thats how I think.
RC :female:

gayle
May 9, 2005, 2:44 AM
RC,
Well, as in everything else, everyone has an opinion. I figure I can bathe and keep myself clean. My bi (male) partner has no problem with my scent and finds it to be a total turn on. We both marvel over the fact that there is a different scent and taste at various times. It keeps things very interesting. I suppose if my doctor were to suggest that douching were appropriate, then I'd pursue it again, especially if my partner also wanted me to do so. Otherwise, it isn't something that is necessary for me. But again, to each his own! ;)