PDA

View Full Version : Kate and Jon announce their divorce

12voltman59
Jun 23, 2009, 2:20 PM
No surprise that----I know some folks love them, either one of them or both---I don;t care much for either of them----I got a sense that for them---it soon became not about what was best for their kids--but was best for them---a quote in this article attributed to someone close to the Gosselins indicates I was correct in my feeling this was the case:
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jon-and-kate-how-much-money-is-stake-2009135

They have done quite well thanks to the show----that for now--has ceased production:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-kate-plus-8-on-hiatus-until-august/24211?nc

I know some got upset that I expressed some unkind things about Jon and Kate---maybe I was a bit harsh--but I still don't think much of them---I feel sorry for the kids---but I am not shedding any tears that their marriage is now officially over---I think it might well have been over even before the coming of the kids---or at least before they put their lives before the public eye---doing that killed any chance that they could keep their marriage working.

As for me--if I did find myself in a situation like they did with the birth of so many kids---even though I do work in journalism---the last thing in the world I would do would be to be public and do a reality show featuring my kids---the best any media outlet would get from me if I were in Jon's place would have been were some press releases--I would try my damndest not not have my face shown----I might accept any help from companies providing products and services that would help in raising all those kids but with no provisos I was going to in any way help promote their companies---but I wouldn't be out to get publicity for my own personal aggrandizement---it seemed to me that both Jon and Kate were seduced by celebrity and fame and my comments before that they were "crappy people" sort of stemmed from that fact.

I think that in agreeing to do a reality program, it showed to me--they were not about doing what is in the best interest of their children--but in the best interests of themselves.

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 23, 2009, 6:09 PM
Their whole life is a farce.. Just two months ago she was talking about strong their love is while he's driving his porche (sp?) with other ladies in it and she's hanging with the body guard and cuddling. So They got what they deserved.. Those children didn't though.. They are going to be messed up for the rest of their lives. My heart pours out to all 8 of em.. I hope TLC pays for their therapy.

I even feel bad for octomoms kids. She's one fucked up bitch..

DiamondDog
Jun 23, 2009, 6:27 PM
Voltman-how did people get mad when you wrote about these people?

I had no idea who these people are until I read the link you put in this post.

So the fame of reality TV went to their head or something? It's not surprising but I do feel bad for the kids and all the unwanted attention they are probably getting.

The octomom is probably jealous of these people and their 15 seconds of fame, but she's weird. I feel bad for her kids too.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 23, 2009, 9:06 PM
Hope ta hell Kate AND OctoMom got themselves fixed. They dont throw babies, they throw litters and its horrible on those poor little babies. :( Look what they have to endure before they are even Born! Let alone when they get here, and they are the subject of curiousity and ridicule and sensationalism from Everybody....I feel bad for the kids, and only moderately feel bad for Jon for on thing..I mean, look at the damn child support and alimony that man is gunna hafta pay! lol
Sorry, but it serves them right.
Cat

DiamondDog
Jun 23, 2009, 10:10 PM
I read in the newspaper today that these people are going to get a divorce but of course their TV show will still go on. :rolleyes:

FalconAngel
Jun 23, 2009, 10:35 PM
The new name for the show is going to be "Kate plus 8 with half of Jon's stuff".

12voltman59
Jun 24, 2009, 5:06 AM
I think that their pending divorce is also a sign of their selfishness and self-centeredness----if they truly cared about their kids--they would stop production on the show---give up being in the spotlight--stop seeing anyone else they might be seeing---spend all the money they have made on top flight marriage/relationship counselling--at least try all of that first before "throwing in the towel" on their marriage--and of course---work to repair any damage their dalliances have caused their kids--they were the ones who wanted all those kids---so for them--the only priority in their lives is being responsible for the needs of those eight little lives---not what the fuck Jon and Kate want----they decided to be parents of a large family--their wants and needs for about the next ten years or so are nothing!!!!

They are the ones who are the selfish, self-centered, spoiled immature brats---not the poor kids!!

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 24, 2009, 8:44 AM
The new name for the show is going to be "Kate plus 8 with half of Jon's stuff".

LOL.. Only if he had stuff... He admits he let Kate have free reign of his scrotum and so all he really has is a Porsche and the clothes in his closet. So its going to be Kate plus 8 and John's allowance. Next he will be on the Bachelor. I bet he ends up trying to get his own reality show alongside the one that's currently on. One of him being a single father, trying to "break out" and find a career and love. He'll probably be so lost that he would greatfully place his scrotum in the hands of another woman rather quickly. Probably a publicist and maybe from time to time let Kate cop a feel.

What I is really getting on my nerves right now about the hole Jon and Kate hate is my hubby who is Asian is now getting "complimented" by people saying "Wow John, you look like that Jon from the show with all the kids" :disgust:

OT: Has anyone else noticed sometimes words you wrote disappear when you go to post? I have wondered why some of our best grammarians have been slipping up lately and everyone seemed to be editing a lot. I have been having it happen to me.. Just curious..

Laken
Jun 24, 2009, 9:05 AM
It may be a guilty conscious, but I assume you were talking about me being upset at the last post. lol. I wasn't...I was just stating my differing opinion...for the record. lol.

I still stand by my statement that I don't think they began doing the show for selfish reasons. I think that it was done for the children and with the best of intentions. Now, yes, I do think that Kate has let the "fame" go to her head and so has Jon to an extent. I think Jon's biggest problem was Kate...and the fact that they had so many kids as young as they did. I personally think he's having some weird early mid-life crisis. They didn't sign up to have 8 children. Yes, it's a risk with fertility meds...but really...the chances are very very slim. And I can't blame them for not wanting to selectively kill certain embryos after finding out they were pregnant with multiples. Especially if they're of the opinion that life starts at fertilization.

As far as their marriage goes, like I said before, from what the show airs...it's seemed to me as if they were in a loveless marriage for a while now. Volty, you say they should have tried counseling, etc before they divorce...but I think we all need to keep in mind that what we see on the show and in the media is only a slice of what actually happens in their lives. We've no idea what steps they may or may not have taken to preserve their marriage. I think divorce is the best thing for them. And I definitely don't think they should "stay together for the kids." My parents have one of those marriages and I definitely wish they would have just divorced and been done with it. The best thing for those kids is going to be having two happy parents...whether they're together or not.

12voltman59
Jun 24, 2009, 9:18 AM
Now---as I type this--a story on MSNBC regarding information contained in the Gosselin's divorce papers---they indicate in them--they have actually been seperated for TWO YEARS!!

This might just be a legal tactic to make the divorce proceedings go through the courts faster--but if its true----then the entire show was a lie!!

So much for REALITY TELEVISION!! Also-- say goodbye to any credibility the TLC Network HAD!!!

rissababynta
Jun 24, 2009, 9:50 AM
It may be a guilty conscious, but I assume you were talking about me being upset at the last post. lol. I wasn't...I was just stating my differing opinion...for the record. lol.

I still stand by my statement that I don't think they began doing the show for selfish reasons. I think that it was done for the children and with the best of intentions. Now, yes, I do think that Kate has let the "fame" go to her head and so has Jon to an extent. I think Jon's biggest problem was Kate...and the fact that they had so many kids as young as they did. I personally think he's having some weird early mid-life crisis. They didn't sign up to have 8 children. Yes, it's a risk with fertility meds...but really...the chances are very very slim. And I can't blame them for not wanting to selectively kill certain embryos after finding out they were pregnant with multiples. Especially if they're of the opinion that life starts at fertilization.

As far as their marriage goes, like I said before, from what the show airs...it's seemed to me as if they were in a loveless marriage for a while now. Volty, you say they should have tried counseling, etc before they divorce...but I think we all need to keep in mind that what we see on the show and in the media is only a slice of what actually happens in their lives. We've no idea what steps they may or may not have taken to preserve their marriage. I think divorce is the best thing for them. And I definitely don't think they should "stay together for the kids." My parents have one of those marriages and I definitely wish they would have just divorced and been done with it. The best thing for those kids is going to be having two happy parents...whether they're together or not.

Totally agree.

On the matter of selfishness...umm...if i had that many kids and was offered a show hell yes i would take it. it might suck being in the light with my poor kids, but at least i would know that when they get older we have the money to send each and every one of them to college...something that I might struggle to do for just my three. Also on production...they have contracts signed...it may not be so easy for them to say "umm, yeah don't bother coming tomorrow cause we have a crisis" as if it's the production company's problem. The company's job is to get the show done...not to worry about the personal issues of those too. that's where the tabloids come in. Just a thought.:2cents:

BiJoe696
Jun 25, 2009, 9:11 AM
Kate and John Who ?

richarddennis
Jun 25, 2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe they can get John & Kate +8 and Flavor Flav all on the same show...

15minutes of fame...fleeting, it's YOUR time now...but not for long....

I've known several folks over the years that have "gone hollywood"...it happens..geez, the allure of easy money,etc,etc,etc....