PDA

View Full Version : Oh darn! Kate gave her kid a whoopin for being disobedient!

vittoria
Jun 22, 2009, 3:19 PM
(Who was Jon and Kate before the tv show anyway?!? But I digress....)

In this day and age, giving someone a spanking is a federal offense.

It seems.

Kids can go now, freely frollocking in stores, running rampant, knowing the comfort and security of realizing that yes, parents can do NOTHING about it.

I just adore the "Now Johnny" parents....

"Now Johnny, dont grab those cans! I just said dont grab those cans! Now put them back.... put them back!!!!!! Take them out of the cart! I told you to put them back! I'm gonna count to 10......"

And the kid is just looking at the parent like "AND?!?!?!?!? Then what ya gonna do? NUTTIN! Just like the LAST TIME!!"

There's nothing better, in this day and age of precocious acceptance, and sans whoop-ass (ahhh I miss the days when the parent said, "Go outside and get me a SWITCH!!" ~~if you dont know what one is, look it up... not the sexual kind mind you!!!!) than going to a restaurant and seeing kids running around like it was Chuck E. Cheese--poor waitresses trying not to trip over themselves while carrying trays of other people's food that we all know darn good and well:

1) the parents of the kids arent going to pay for if the waitress drops the tray

and

2) the parent of the kids will BLAME the WAITRESS for not watching where she was going IF she runs into the kid.

As Yakov Smirnov says: What a country!

Now we all know that corporal punishment is blurred with abuse... too many parents abusing their right to "whoop that ass" in favor of using duct tape, barbed wire and so forth on their kid, using things like extension cords and all kinds of ignorant sh*t that would get a normal MOFO put in jail.

So therefore, no whoopin's for anyone, even if they damn well deserve it.

Watch the first 2 minutes of this (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=boondocks+videos&first=21&docid=976109896265&mid=E8D3C0130CB2499209B7E8D3C0130CB2499209B7&FORM=VIVR31) and see what you think.

Question... should parents "whoop that ass" or not?

Discuss.

Poor Kate. ;)

Holmes
Jun 22, 2009, 3:25 PM
I loved that show it was great, but back to the question at hand. A whooping is different from abuse in my book. I hadwhippings as consequence of wrong actions or inappropiate behavior. My parents knew the difference and actually the shame I felt was always worse than any physical pain I might have felt.

texasman6172003
Jun 22, 2009, 4:42 PM
Well DAAAAYYYYYUUUMMMM!!!!!! I was kinda hoping you meant it was OUR KATE!!!!:eek: :bigrin: :tong:...

_Joe_
Jun 22, 2009, 5:05 PM
Pft, I whoop my kids. And I welcome other parents letting me whoop their kids.

How many grown adults have we all looked around and realized "someone just needs to kick their ass?"

Its often because they didn't get enough of it at a young age Darnit!

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 22, 2009, 5:18 PM
For the most part, Parents teach kids how to be and grow up. I believe that Kate got retaliation based oh how she neglects her kids needs and disrespects them while whining to get her own needs met and doing so in front of the children. Did that child need to be spanked? Not before the Momma damn well did.

Now I once was a spanker of children. I was a spanked child. Didn't see any harm in it.. Starting spanking my first two when they were young ( I was 17-20).. Problems didn't go away.. I spoke to my pediatrician about it. He says when you spank a child. You are making the problem about yourself and not about the child's actions. A good mom can discipline and correct with a look and her actions/words. I took it to heart... I haven't spanked a kid in years and two of my kids have never been spanked. I can take them anywhere, trust them (85 percent of the time), they don't have tantrums, excellent classroom behavior, 2 A+ students and one AB student that has been on honor roll all year, very affectionate and confident, they are caring and considerate. Have good morals ect. I could gush about my kids forever.. but moving on...They are typical kids in that they fight with each other at times and can also refuse chores at time and what not...

When you are a parent that acts moral and rewards with love and lives with heart. Kind to strangers, listens to the children, allows them freedom of choices within boundaries. Loves yourself so you kids can understand self love. It raises their awareness of whats appropriate and allowable in circumstances. But also teaches them love, consideration and individuality.

That Kate is teaching her kids to be loathing robots. They are normal kids, but they get forced in these situations where it is demanded they act a certain way then other times filmed just as much "being a normal kid" How are they to distinguish reality from reality show? How easy can it be to not be able to have breakfast till the cameras are set up.. Or have a camera come and chase you while you do a pee pee dance or shit yourself. I feel they need to cut tabs on that show. I don't even watch the whole show, I find it unbearable, I get my info through Tmz.

Should she have spanked her daughter? Nah I don't think so.. If she had any sense she would have smacked the fuck out of herself and asked "What the hell am I doing to my kids"!

Rumor is Her and hubby are filing for divorce. Guess he wanted to take his dick back.

_Joe_
Jun 22, 2009, 8:40 PM
General Rule of Thumb, anyone that likes to exploit their kids and family to get some fame on TV isn't really someone you look toward to for parenting morals.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 22, 2009, 9:42 PM
I was raised with the "Go cut me a switch" mindset too, and was raised with the premise of that if a kid Needed a spanking then it was the parents rights to do so. Not any more, sadly. And yes Joe, I have seen Many kids in this day and age the I have said that they needed a good ass whoopin..or 2 or 10. Unfortunately the lil futher muckers know you can do a damn thing about now days. (Wouldnt ya love to send them to Madea for a week or two, or to MY house for a bit???" lol

My kids never had mad fits at the check out line in the market, they never knocked stuff off of shelves and Never ran wild in a public place. Frankly, they Knew better. They knew if they didnt that they would not get to do the things that they loved to do like go next door to the Pet Store and look at the new fish, snakes, ect, or wouldnt get that small dessert at lunch after all the shopping was done. All I had to do was look at one of mine, or snap my fingers to make my point clear. I was raised with good, old fashioned, disipline and my kids were the same way and in fact, are raising their kids the same way now. Disipline doesnt mean abusing the kids like I had been before my Father died, it just means that kids are Taught behavior and proper manners, in and Out of the public eye.
My baby Grandson (Almost 2 yrs old) was at Micky D's the other day and the kids next to them was having a bloody fit, and he looked at the kid and said, "You bad! No cookie, no chocit milk!!"
My daughter in law almost fell out of the booth laughing..

Sparing the rod and spoiling the child was a good practise..too bad Society had to step in and mess with the system. :rolleyes:
Cat

rissababynta
Jun 23, 2009, 9:09 AM
I have no problem when people spank their kids unless it is done unnecessarily. First of all, I never really SPANK my kids as it is, I pretty much just give them swats. But...when I do...it's not because they keep whining, or I told them to pick up their toys and they didn't listen, or my spastic son had an "accident" allllll over his bedroom floor. I do it because while doing laundry they teamed up to push a chair over to the kitchen counter and decided to stand their flinging glass dishes out of the cabinets, or they are grabbing the infant by the feet and are dragging her around the living room for the third time in ten minutes after I explained the first two times that that could hurt her, or playing with the knobs on the stove (I guess because the flames are pretty...little pyros) when by now you KNOW they sure as shit know better....

So yeah...spanking out of frustration for something that is no big deal in the long run to me is a little overboard sometimes, but I don't feel that a parent should NEVER spank a child, because sometimes circumstances just call for it.

Apparently NC feels differently than I do though because the law here is that you can beat your kids as much as you'd like as long as you don't leave any marks...lmao! Nice...

Jackal
Jun 23, 2009, 9:49 PM
General Rule of Thumb, anyone that likes to exploit their kids and family to get some fame on TV isn't really someone you look toward to for parenting morals.

I think that Joe has said all that really needs to be said here.