PDA

View Full Version : YAHOO VS MSN

LOTUS
Jun 21, 2009, 5:06 PM
Hi ive been on here for a while and have meet some great people. but when i say do u have msn ? they say no yahoo, or whats that.
ok so when i tell them about msn they download it and see its better for them to use it, than yahoo. {faster,easier, more to offer them}
now ill say first off my computer wont let me use yahoo {it must be somthing im doing to get it started, so its my fault not yahoos}but thats enought to put me right off right then and there. so adlest i addmit that msn downloads and it starts like you would expect it to.
anyway my point is. which to u have? and which do you find is better or easier to use?.

p.s if you dont have it. u should try it. you can use all your yahoo address on it so you dont have to change them. {well my version dose anyway}

cheers lotus

diB4u
Jun 21, 2009, 5:11 PM
Msn for me is superior quality, and that was the very first one i used wayyyy wayyyy back like 7 years ago lol

So i kinda stuck to that, i used to use yahoo, but i dont, i just use yahoo to access my emails.

boca.openminded
Jun 21, 2009, 6:25 PM
Yahoo groups / cams / rooms were very good up to 5 years ago then it all went downhill.

Now the rooms are filled with bots & viruses.

Yahoo messanger also has gotten worse. Whenever I log on I have at least a dozen instant messages from people (viruses) telling me to sign onto their sex website or shit like that. because of this I stopped using their messanger but then started talking to someone on here and he told me its easier to talk on yahoo then this sites chat room. I reinstalled yahoo messanger and started talking to this guy BUT when I told him I did not want to have cybersex he disappeared... People are such assholes!

I only use yahoo email because I had it since the very early days of yahoo. Yes, that many year ago. Back when dialup was the only way to access the internet.

I never used msn but its gotta be better then yahoo. Google also has a chat / cam program but I have not used it yet.

opentoideas1964
Jun 21, 2009, 7:11 PM
Msn for me is superior quality, and that was the very first one i used wayyyy wayyyy back like 7 years ago lol

LOL ICQ- ( I seek you) the FIRST real messenger system. many years ago. 14 or so? Now they all use the same protocols, which allows you to interchange between systems.

Jackal
Jun 21, 2009, 7:17 PM
I've never really used MSN, I use AIM because that's where all my friends were so I didn't see the point of using Yahoo or MSN. I used Trillian for a while and then went back to barebones AIM.

Georgie_Girl
Jun 21, 2009, 7:35 PM
I miss ICQ :) Does it still exist?

Aristede
Jun 21, 2009, 7:54 PM
I much prefer MSN to Yahoo Messenger. MSN just seems to run smoother for me.

HelloToYou
Jun 21, 2009, 9:00 PM
Back when I used a messenger, I used Trillion which isn't exactly a messenger in itself, but it is a program that allows you to use other messengers. For example, I could have Trillion open and through that, be logged into an msn account and a yahoo account, or even more if I wanted, all with only needing to use one program. I liked this because some people had yahoo and some people had msn and I didn't have to worry about which one they had.

jeancarleo
Jun 22, 2009, 1:23 AM
Yahoo messenger works best for me to send and receive messages. for viewing display pictures i prefer msn messenger. Msn messenger starts slow on my computer and takes a long time to load and messages sometimes bounce back or msn signs me out. i prefer webcam use with msn. picture sharing with yahoo. both messengers offer displays but i find msn easier to use ur own display background images. i have both messengers because i have friends who have one or the other.

As for ICQ, it still exist, that was the first thing i ever used to talk to other people via internet, that was years ago. I no longer use ICQ.

LOL!
one place that reminds me about ICQ's the 99 cent store. when the registers are in use u hear the same sound as from ICQ when someone sent u a message. Funny huh?

I've not used other messengers. I'm content with msn and yahoo :)

MetaSexual2
Jun 22, 2009, 1:31 AM
In terms of video/audio quality and general ease of use, Skype blows both msn and yahoo messenger away.

jeancarleo
Jun 22, 2009, 1:36 AM
i bet it does, my exbf told me he uses that and works best. but now phone calls to Mexico which is where i call the most other than the USA is cheaper via metropcs. LOL, that's changing the subject. :)

In terms of video/audio quality and general ease of use, Skype blows both msn and yahoo messenger away.

ShyLassUk
Jun 22, 2009, 4:02 AM
prefer yahoo but recently that has been playing up.
so at this rate wont be using any LOL

fuzzybunnykins
Jun 22, 2009, 9:32 AM
I use msn but that only cuz thats what I've always used.
As for emails I only use hotmail (and now yahoo) for random crap and google for important stuff

Shhhhh 47/F/usa
Jun 22, 2009, 2:21 PM
I have both msn and yahoo. I find msn to be much better for multiple reasons. Unfortunately....99% of my friends all use yahoo so that's what I also use 99% of the time. It's a bandwidth hog.

boca.openminded
Jun 22, 2009, 10:20 PM

shit... how did I forget about skype..

Yrs when it was unknown I used to use it for voice & exchange large size files. Then as it got more popular we found the speed was slowing down.

Well, long story short they must have made improvements because SKYPE is still great for transferring large size files and the voice is back to the way it was in the beginning.

As for the cam, that I do not know but I am sure its very good...