PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know of Any Clubs/Bars or tatto parlors in Philadelphia,PA

birugratchic
Feb 9, 2006, 4:41 PM
Hi all, I would really appreciate if any info at all. I along w/a bus load of co-workers will b going to philly in march for a wknd, and we don't hav much time up there so r trying to plan and find places ahead of time rather than walkin around and losing time there.

We will be going to a shopping mall place by the name of Franklin Mills Outlet and staying nearby in the Hamptons Hotel. We plan to get tattos together and shop and enjoy the scenary.

My ? is does anyone know of any bars/clubs (gay,bi,or str8), and also some tatoo places that r good out there. Any info would be appreciated. I will be also lookin on the internet for more info, but to me personal experience is more helpful.

Thank You All For Any Input

aut17umn
Feb 9, 2006, 6:26 PM
Hey biru,

First of all, have a good time in Philly its a nice city for the most part except for the construction going out at the moment. I have lived in this area for the most part several years now so here is my two dollars worth. In terms of str8 bars and clubs, there are several in the area and the main ones are focused in center city. You are only about 20 minutes north of the city so it wont take long to get there and its a pretty easy to get around. South Street is full of small bars and restaurants that are in easy walking distance of each other. If the bus is taking you down there, it would probably drop you off at the Penns Landing pier which border the Delaware River and then you can just walk over the overpass to the south street area. Philly does not have many gay clubs and they are located off of Spruce Street. I have not been to any myself but plenty of bi and gay friends have been there and recommend a place called Woody's which is a bar and dance club to some degree. Supposed to be a great place to chat with people and have some fun. Pure night club is a hot spot but Im not sure where its located but it has a website from what a friend tells me. There are some smaller venues around Spruce street since majority of the gay section of Philly lives here. Its not far from South Street. Enjoy yourself in the city of Brotherly Love.

Jason

Ratchick
Feb 9, 2006, 6:57 PM
Hey from Center City, Philly!
There is always the gayborhood..starts at around 13th and spruce.
Goto : www.phillygayborhood.com/bars&Clubs.htm

I reccomend Taven On Camac Between 12th and 13th streets at Spruce.
And For fun there is The 12th air command, and for leather there is The Bike Stop. For dinner I reccomend MixTo, Cuban fusion, and More Then Just Icecream for general cuasual comfort foods.

Woodys is a bar and it;s okay for the twinks and gay boys, but being a girl, I COuldn't tell ya much about it. I will say it is very trendy.

BUmp is another club that is trendy and stylish. Pure is also a great dance club.

For Straight clubs I reccomend Fergies Pub, (Great food and freindly), And Monks Cafe, (BEST hamburgers ever). Philly has about a million Hot posh resturants the BEST being Buddakhan. ALSO, try Continental Midtown at 18th and walnut, Very cool scene and gay freindly.

Hmmmm any other info about Philly you want to know, drop me a PM.

-RC :tongue:

Ratchick
Feb 9, 2006, 7:01 PM
Also, Tattoo parlors...STAY AWAY FROM SOUTH STREET!!
Over priced, second rate HACKS.
They are there for the subruban tourists who come to get their name written on thier leg.
South Street also just sucks in general IMNSHO.
Don't waste your time. It used to be cool, but now it is just one shitty store after another with nothign interesting in it to sell.

FOr tattoos goto : Tattoo Odyssey inc.
8012B CAstor Ave. 19152
215.725.1166 They are by appointment only, but well worth it for a real, skilled artist.
I have tons of queer clients who use him and he does awsome stuff.

Hope this helps:
-RC

birugratchic
Feb 10, 2006, 12:14 AM
thanks for the responses it really helps keep the wandering around to a minimum. i also found some great info on the net and will continue to look for more. thanks again. birugratchic

Jmf011287
Feb 10, 2006, 1:27 AM
what about nifty 50's its a nice place rite? and yea, stay away from south street, to crowded, and its just not cool anymore... have fun rugrat... :)

Ratchick
Feb 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
Nifty Fifties is cool, but not really in Phialdelphia. It is just outside of Philly, but close to where you will be staying.

Have a good time here in philly!
-ratchick