PDA

View Full Version : Nudist

biSteve969
May 20, 2009, 9:35 PM
Curious About Nudist/Naturist Groups/Communities.

What is everyoens thoughts?

Georgie_Girl
May 20, 2009, 10:31 PM
I could never do it, but kudos to those who do. :)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 21, 2009, 12:14 AM
There are several nudist communities up here. Its not my thing, but I dont begrudge anyone who Is a nudist. :}
More power to em....they have more guts than I do. I dislike scaring old folks and wild life with all this semi-white skin...lmao
Silly Cat;)

curious44
May 21, 2009, 7:36 AM
We've been to several, although not since the early 90s so my comments are based on experiences from many years ago but we went almost every weekend for years, weather permitting, and enjoyed all of it.
Paradise Lakes in FL is the benchmark for all of them when it comes to modern, clean, beautiful accomodations. Lake Como in FL is also nice but not as modern as Paradise Lakes. Naked City in Indiana was the benchmark for decadence if that was your thing. The last I heard it was open under a different name. Ponderosa, just down the road from Naked City is also a fun place. We've been to others in WI & TX. These were all landed clubs and there are none I wouldn't go back to. Everybody is there to have a good time and attitude problems are very rare. Go to the American Sunbathing Assn. website to learn more and find one close to home. Don't forget your insect repellent, especially here in the Midwest. We've been known to saddle our mosquitoes and ride them.

Skiffy
May 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
Check out www.aanr.com or www.naturistsociety.com

You should know up front that 99% of nudist venues are absolutely non-sexual, family oriented, relaxing, wholesome, fun places. They'll kick you out for anything resembling overt sexuality.

There are some that cater to the swinging lifestyle though, Cherry Lane and North Haven in Michigan and Sun Aura (used to be Naked City) in Indiana are 3 I can think of.

Cat - you should visit the web sites above and take a gander at some of the linked sites for various resorts. You'll see that all body types are unequivocally welcomed, accepted and essentially ignored. That's one of the great things about nudism - NOBODY cares what you look like. The other thing is NOBODY cares who you are - janitors and bankers all get along on equal ground.

glansandlabia
May 21, 2009, 10:23 AM
I love being nude. Walk around the house in the buff when I can. Wife doesn't want to though. If I was single I would join a nudist camp in a heart beat!

Dusty_I812
May 21, 2009, 11:51 AM
Spent as much time as I could In the Northern California wine country, along the Russian river. It' not designated as Nude but it Is allowed and I loved it. Sex in the great outdoors is fantastic, and not unusual for someone to walk by and compliment you on your sexual prowess or say somethin like love your shave, gives better look at your balls ect.
Would love to go back and do over.

jamieknyc
May 21, 2009, 1:02 PM
Cat - you should visit the web sites above and take a gander at some of the linked sites for various resorts. You'll see that all body types are unequivocally welcomed, accepted and essentially ignored. That's one of the great things about nudism - NOBODY cares what you look like. The other thing is NOBODY cares who you are - janitors and bankers all get along on equal ground.

As I always said, unless you live in Hollywood, the people at the nudism site aren't going to look like movie stars.

[Not an original line]

welickit
May 21, 2009, 1:23 PM
We are nudists and go to several different nudist resorts here in Florida. There are family resorts, adult resorts and also gay & lesbian campgrounds that are bi friendly. In the last year or so there have been many changes at the resorts, especially as the rules apply to single males getting in.
In the minds of most men a nudist resort means anything goes. They have a rude awakening in store if they manage to get in. Naked city was an exception and there are exceptions down here in Florida as well although very few. Even in the adult oriented resorts there are rules that apply.
We enjoy different resorts for different reasons for example we live in a city and going to Lake Como gives the opportunity to walk the orange blossom trail naked and enjoy a walk in the woods. At Paradise Lakes we can relax in a different sort of way and when going from one area to another we can walk down the sidewalks past the condo's naked.
Everyone is created equal without their clothes. The next person may be a banker or a ditch digger or female school teacher. There are people that go 80 pounds and others who go 400 pounds and everything in between. Nudists certainly look but they don't judge. It is a different way of life and it isn't for everyone and is becoming a couples only opportunity at many resorts.
Hope this information helps

boca.openminded
May 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
I would join one in a heartbeat but from the ones I read they arent my cup of tea. Once you enter the camp and get naked what is there for young people to do? Young people like young activities / being active. This is a major reason why the nudist camp population has diminished immensely over the past 10 years.

The atmosphere, activities, and the music has to get younger or its going to become a naked retirement home.

specialk2754
May 21, 2009, 11:56 PM
I've been a nudist for years and love it. Check out AANR.com. They are the largest nudist organization in the U.S.

biSteve969
May 22, 2009, 9:03 AM
thanks everyone!!!

jamieknyc
May 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
I would join one in a heartbeat but from the ones I read they arent my cup of tea. Once you enter the camp and get naked what is there for young people to do? Young people like young activities / being active. This is a major reason why the nudist camp population has diminished immensely over the past 10 years.

The atmosphere, activities, and the music has to get younger or its going to become a naked retirement home.

It *has* become a mostly over-35 thing. But I think that reflects the conservatism of today's youth more than the orientation of the clubs, since nude beaches that are open to the general public also draw a mostly over-35 crowd.

jamieknyc
May 22, 2009, 11:52 AM
We are nudists and go to several different nudist resorts here in Florida. There are family resorts, adult resorts and also gay & lesbian campgrounds that are bi friendly. In the last year or so there have been many changes at the resorts, especially as the rules apply to single males getting in.
In the minds of most men a nudist resort means anything goes. They have a rude awakening in store if they manage to get in. Naked city was an exception and there are exceptions down here in Florida as well although very few. Even in the adult oriented resorts there are rules that apply.

I am sure you have heard the two questions that men who have never been always ask: (1) doesn't it mean 'anything goes,' and (2) don't you get hard? They don't get it that nude recreation people are very well aware that they operate on the edges of the law, and that lewd activity is what gets nude venues shut down.

And as much as textile types have a mental image of a nude beach as the Summertime Boner Festival, the atmosphere there is more asexual than the clothed beaches.

boca.openminded
May 22, 2009, 9:47 PM
It *has* become a mostly over-35 thing. But I think that reflects the conservatism of today's youth more than the orientation of the clubs, since nude beaches that are open to the general public also draw a mostly over-35 crowd.

That depends on where you live... By your nick I am assuming that if & when you do go to a nude beach you go to Jones Beach. I haven't been there in years but when I went it I would say it was more 20-30's then older.

Since I moved to South Florida, I found 1 clothing optional beach located in North Miami. I would say the crowd at Haulover (a state protected clothing optional beach) was definitely more below the age of 35 then older. The first time I went I still remember how nervous I was but like everything else the more you go the more comfortable you get. I had more fun at the clothing optional beach (people there were so friendly) then the regular clothed beach but its too far of a drive to go on a daily / weekly basis..

Harleybear687
May 29, 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm nude right now. I love it. I belong to a local club and go to a resort here locally 3 or 4 times per year. No big deal.

Rudy75
May 29, 2009, 11:53 PM
Coming from the NYC area I'd think you'd know about Fire Island, Lighthouse Beach, and Sandy Hook.

My boyfriend and I go to Sandy Hook. It's beautiful, and the people are so nice. But absolutely NO SEX is permitted. Try it and you WILL get arrested.

We like hanging out on that line between the "straight" and "gay" sections. We get the best of both worlds that way.

And for those who are affraid to try it... Why? You had the balls to have sex with someone of your own gender, but won't go nude in a group?

Come on!

MetaSexual2
May 30, 2009, 1:51 AM
In Brighton there is a small section of the beach that is designated as nude, and its protected by a large mound of stones, so you can't look on to it accidently. However, its in a high traffic area next to the marina, and so you always get lots of tourists having a peek. Unless you are an exhibitionist, I don't understand how the people who go there tolerate being treated like zoo animals :P

NakedInSeattle
May 30, 2009, 8:51 PM
We're avid nudists and yes, we've found some people to play (bi and hetero) with among the nudist community but the vast majority of nudists are very straight laced or at least act that way. The nudist experience and the swinging experience are two different and separate things. Actually, we've found many more play partners in the "textile" environment than in the nudist environment. Funny, that.

genera101.2
May 31, 2009, 6:48 AM
i'm a nudist and belong to two nudist groups in utah, yes utah. they are both on yahoo and most events are out in the desert. in june, element 11 is utah's burning man and many nudist attend that as well... looking forward to it.