PDA

View Full Version : Swing Club?

TheBisexualProfessor
May 15, 2009, 8:54 AM
Anyone ever visited one? What was it like? Wife and I have made contact with one out of town and we're visiting next week and we just wondered what others thought if they have had such experiences.

Caaveman
May 15, 2009, 9:20 AM
Anyone ever visited one? What was it like? Wife and I have made contact with one out of town and we're visiting next week and we just wondered what others thought if they have had such experiences.

Me and my wife used to be members of www.swinglifestyle.com , as with any online place seems that you have to get used to figuring out who's for real and who just wants some pictures to jack off to. But we did and we made a few nice contacts, and had a bit of fun. To us it was worth it.

Vikkster230
May 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
Have never been, but would like to very much... Good luck and I hope you have a fantastic and titillating time... :tong:

Flounder1967
May 15, 2009, 11:05 AM
I haven't been to one, but have done some looking into it. Single bi women are encourgeged to attend. Bi men aren't really met with freindlyness.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 15, 2009, 2:26 PM
I have been a member of the Swing Lifestyle for almost 7 years now, and I adore it! Our group has parties once a month and they are Really enjoyable. I recommend a good one wholeheartedly. :}Cat

Biboz49
May 15, 2009, 6:10 PM
We did for almost 2 years. For bi women it was great, about 80% were bi and it was encouraged but...for the guys it was kept quiet. There was a bit of homophobia as Flounder mentioned. It wasn't easy to find other bi guys in the club. I've heard similar stories from other swing clubs. Later we lucked out and found a group of people (not a fully organized swing club) who were very tolerant of non-hetero folks and there was a mix of many types. Many men and women were bi. They had some great parties. Unfortunately everyone sort of lost touch and it's no longer active.

tarzanthejungle
May 15, 2009, 8:34 PM

I've visited a few clubs. The thing to remember is that people will act on their attractions at the clubs, so if you or your partner is attractive, you will get some attention. Trust me, if your partner is attractive, she will get a lot of attention from the guys and the girls, and if you are attractive you will get some attention from some of the girls. The homophobic tendencies that other mentioned in their posts - it's true. The only club I visited that accepted bisexual men was one in Phoenix which had a bisexual night on Thursday nights, unfortunately it was shut down. If you and your partner are genuinely interested in pursuing bisexual parties, then you might have to plan them yourself. It's not too difficult - simply post a few messages on some of the web sites like this one and invite everyone. Caaveman and his partner moderate an excellent yahoo group that I am a member of, and I bet if you do some searches you might find a few yahoo groups that are specific to your area. If not, then create one and send out some invitations. I just moved to Atlanta, and the first bisexual person I spoke with on the phone was from this web site, and he lives in MS, where his HOTTIE roommate still lives. They are both HOTTIES and I hope I get to meet them IN THE FLESH. Well, I am certain that if they hosted a bisexual party and invited all of their bisexual friends, it would be a lot of fun. Try it.

-Woody

diamond_tether
May 15, 2009, 8:47 PM
We've been. They're certainly unusual places. It's a combination of mostly folks interested in female bisexuality. We've been fortunate in that the events we attended were intentionally bi-tolerant, even if only a few men were willing make that kind of contact. Mainstream swing clubs have not had that tendency at all in our experience.

We would agree that smaller party venues are better, if only because they're often formed of people more comfortable with male bisexuality. Most often because there are already bisexual men in the group who are just quiet about that to outsiders.

If you have the opportunity, we would definitely say go. They're a unique experience and occasionally just the right kind of atmosphere for a weekend night. You'll have to keep your eyes open, be patient and may have to work for it, but it's possible to find a couple or two that are comfortable with male/male contact.

FalconAngel
May 16, 2009, 12:18 AM
For the largest part, swing clubs are very female Bi-friendly, but otherwise on the homophobic side.

We went to one down near us and it was okay, as long as you were not a Bi male.

Later, we went to another one that advertised a "Bi-night", but it was late on a Sunday and we couldn't travel the hour each way just for a couple hours of potential play. That one was the the better club for our situation, but for the location and the night they had Bi night. Then, a few months later they discontinued Bi-night.

curious44
May 16, 2009, 12:29 PM
My wife and I were very active swingers from the late 70s into the early 90s and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Some of the couples we met are still very good friends today even though all of us are no longer swingers. The first time we went to a swinger's club was a disaster. My wife came home in tears because of the creeps who were pursuing her. We gave it a second try a few weeks later and had a totally opposite experience. We met a group of several couples that always partied together and from then on it was all great. House parties, New Year's Eve parties, motorcycle trips, weekends at nudist resorts, even winter trips to Paradise Lakes in FL. So if it doesn't work out the first time try it again.
A word of caution: you MUST be totally secure and honest in your relationship. If you feel jealousy and insecurity rearing their ugly heads it might not work for you. We were happily married and enjoyed an exciting sex life for about 13 years before we got in to swinging. On the other hand, we saw other couples break up. Was swinging the cause of the break up or did they have other problems going in and would they have possibly have broken up otherwise? Hard to say.
I would also agree with others here, female bisexuality was wide open and just about all the women we knew enjoyed each other sexually but bisexuality among the men was practically non existent or accepted.
I can't comment on meeting people on the internet because we were swingers before the internet was such a big part of people's lives.
I certainly don't claim to be an expert but I've posted several times before in other threads about swinging. You may want to go back and read what others have said about the subject.
May your swinging experiences be as pleasurable as ours were, good luck.