PDA

View Full Version : I know you'll probably want to smack me for this lol...

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 12:43 AM
One of the threads (I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about) sparked my curiousity about supernatural occurances. Has anyone ever experienced anything that just pops out at you? I've got a few myself.

There are two things that pop out at me greatly. The one I will save for later in the thread if anyone actually wants to respond to this. But the one I want to talk about now is a definite out of body experience.

One day, I was laying in bed sleeping and my husband came home from work. It was probably about 4 in the morning so I was very much in a good sleep. I heard him come in and it kind of woke me up a little but not a whole lot. I remember groggily sitting up as he walked through the bedroom door and looking watching him as he took his clothes off and started to get into bed. I remember sitting there finding it odd that he had left his pants on because he usually gets fully naked when he gets into bed. I shrugged it off and layed back down. At that moment, I remember feeling really weird and my whole body felt tingly...a sensation I recognized immediately because that is the sensation that one usually has when they come back to their body. I opened my eyes and watching him get comfortable in bed as while I began to feel comfortable in my skin again and then I asked him if he saw me sit up and look at him. He said "No, you haven't moved at all, you've been completely out until right now." I said "But I did, I looked up and watching you take your clothes off and everything, I was even thinking that it was weird that you're not fully naked." We both stared at each other for a minute and chuckled, then moved on with our sleep...

I will never forget that moment because that was the first OBE I had ever had that was that noticable to me...not just while I was dreaming or something.

Anyway, even if no one wants to write back because they are sick of all this supernatual shit on the thread, it was still fun sharing lmfao:bigrin:

M. Wolfe
May 14, 2009, 1:14 AM
As for scary/spooky supernatural experiences, I once went ghost hunting with my older brother. Needless to say I have no intention of doing it again.

The whole time I felt like I was being watched, like stares were penetrating me or that my mind could be read. This old house was just that kind of stereotypical haunted house. I think most of what happened, if not all, was fabricated in my head, although there were some hard to explain, very scary noises.

The OBE can be recreated in lab conditions by inhibiting certain sensory activity, making the mind feel like it's become disembodied. I personally put little weight at this kind of phenomena considering what we know about the brain. There are all sorts of crazy things you can do to a person by suppressing certain activities in the brain. I remember reading in my psych text book that there is one area involved in emotion that when interfered with can make a person dissociate familiar faces with their associated emotion. That means that you'll see a loved one and feel nothing. People who had this deficiency often automatically conclude, beyond logic and reason, that these people are imposters (she looks like my wife but since I don't feel love for her, she cannot be my wife etc.) and they can't be convinced otherwise!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 14, 2009, 1:28 AM
In the Native American culture we have a legend about Dream Walking, where lovers who cannot be together can meet under the full moon, and be together until the coming of Father Sun. When they awake they can remember what they did with each other the night before. :} So you see OBE's are not uncommon if they are documented centurys before.
There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth, Horiatio...:}
Cat

12voltman59
May 14, 2009, 6:37 AM
Rissa---go check out the archives of the forum, earlier this year--there was a thread done on this subject that many people, including myself, had posted up some things-so--I am not going to post anything here-----go spend a bit of time going back and reading what people had posted then.

Just an FYI for ya Rissa ;);)

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 6:55 AM
Rissa---go check out the archives of the forum, earlier this year--there was a thread done on this subject that many people, including myself, had posted up some things-so--I am not going to post anything here-----go spend a bit of time going back and reading what people had posted then.

Just an FYI for ya Rissa ;);)

Well with all of the different times and ways people repeat themselves about how much they enjoy swallowing cum I didn't think it would be a problem if someone had already done a similar thread like this. Sorry. :(

TwylaTwobits
May 14, 2009, 6:59 AM
I have seen a lot of things I can't explain and suffered from what i simply thought was intense deja vu, turned out to be more precognition. Two things stand out greatly for me and started me on my Wiccan path. I had a dream where I had a car wreck, then a few weeks later I had a dream that my sister died. It was enough to jerk me out of bed and phone her to make sure she was okay.

My car wreck was 9-9-96 my sister was found dead on 11-15-96 from a diabetic coma in her sleep. Both happened exactly as I had dreamed them. Since then I've come to know they were more visions than dreams and have learned to listen.

Long Duck Dong
May 14, 2009, 7:05 AM
its cool rissa.... post away..... I wanna hear about incubus and succubus.... not the rape aspect.... but a spiritual / ghost lover...as that was the original understanding of the being

parts of witchcraft refer to creating a lover of energy, that can be tangible as in feeling the presence of sexual organs, caressing, lips and fingers...

now there is the possiblity that its just a intense wet dream or lucid dreaming..... but as fox mulder was right, when he said the truth is out there.....and I would love to hear feed back.....

I have had a experience a few times that is border line, lucid dreaming / intense wet dream / spirit lover.... and I know that there were defining differences that take it beyond just a wet dream / lucid dream... and it appears that ladies seem to experience this more than men.....as a few of my partners have mentioned strange encounters....

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 7:12 AM
As for scary/spooky supernatural experiences, I once went ghost hunting with my older brother. Needless to say I have no intention of doing it again.

The whole time I felt like I was being watched, like stares were penetrating me or that my mind could be read. This old house was just that kind of stereotypical haunted house. I think most of what happened, if not all, was fabricated in my head, although there were some hard to explain, very scary noises.

The OBE can be recreated in lab conditions by inhibiting certain sensory activity, making the mind feel like it's become disembodied. I personally put little weight at this kind of phenomena considering what we know about the brain. There are all sorts of crazy things you can do to a person by suppressing certain activities in the brain. I remember reading in my psych text book that there is one area involved in emotion that when interfered with can make a person dissociate familiar faces with their associated emotion. That means that you'll see a loved one and feel nothing. People who had this deficiency often automatically conclude, beyond logic and reason, that these people are imposters (she looks like my wife but since I don't feel love for her, she cannot be my wife etc.) and they can't be convinced otherwise!

I know what my psych book tells me too :bigrin:

M. Wolfe
May 14, 2009, 7:26 AM
I know what my psych book tells me too :bigrin:

:tongue: I bet mines more up to date. :cool:

12voltman59
May 14, 2009, 7:40 AM
Well with all of the different times and ways people repeat themselves about how much they enjoy swallowing cum I didn't think it would be a problem if someone had already done a similar thread like this. Sorry. :(

I am not being critical of your Rissa--i do agree----we get so many repeat subjects on this forum--it is one of the weaknesses of the way this site is set up-----so many other sites are set up such that you can open a topic and keep it going----I have never liked this one in that if you don't get new postings---it fades back into the woodwork and more or less disappears---as a rule---no one goes back to check what was up on here before --so that is how we have ten bajillion threads on topics like "cock or pussy--whatcha like best?" or whatever!!!:bigrin::bigrin::bigrin:

I wish the owners of the site would shut it down a few days--get that other software package---lots of websites use it----it is free or cheap apparently----then retool this site to use that software--the other site that people from here had gone to for a time--Bidentification.com--used it---that site went down recently.

It would seem to me that if the owners of this site went to that other software--they would use less server space----it would sure streamline things a great deal since once a topic is opened---it is listed right there upfront for everyone to see even if you might have to go back a few pages-it would be better than the way it is now on here.

So Rissa-I was not being critical of you----just more an expression of my frustration of the way this site is constructed.

12voltman59
May 14, 2009, 7:50 AM

It is interesting that in the lab---researchers have exposed the brains of test subjects to certain sorts of electro-magnetic fields and other purely physical stimuli----in doing so--the subjects reported having experiences that otherwise would be called "paranormal" or "supernatural."

I don't want to think that such "spiritual" experiences are entirely biological in nature---but the research is indicating pretty strongly that such is the case.

I do want to believe in something, bigger, larger and more mysterious than our mere human experience----even though there are lots of incredible things about human experience----I would be bummed if science does prove to a reasonable degree that what we have thought was "communing with God or the spirits" and such is not that at all---but merely the result of electro-chemical reactions in our brain matter.

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 8:32 AM
:tongue: I bet mines more up to date. :cool:

Considering that they are books from the courses I am taking now...probably not.

M. Wolfe
May 14, 2009, 8:57 AM
I don't want to think that such "spiritual" experiences are entirely biological in nature---but the research is indicating pretty strongly that such is the case.

Well no. Science is explains that there is some naturalistic cause of some regular types of "paranormal" activity, but not all.

There is the non-human related evidence of ghosts and stuff picked up by cameras and microphones and stuff that can't be explained by glitches in the brain.

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 8:59 AM
Well, now that my thread has been hijacked...

M. Wolfe
May 14, 2009, 9:50 AM
Well, now that my thread has been hijacked...

I'm sorry. :(

Though I don't think any discussion about the paranormal would be complete without this sciency stuff. And that's all from me.

rissababynta
May 14, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry. :(

Though I don't think any discussion about the paranormal would be complete without this sciency stuff. And that's all from me.

I guess that could be true, however I didn't ask for us to just have a paranormal discussion. I wanted to hear about people's experiences.