PDA

View Full Version : NEW ZEALAND HAVE YOU BEEN HERE, OR DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS

THEWRAITH
May 13, 2009, 8:35 PM
I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE FROM THE STATES LAST NIGHT AND THEY THINK N.Z IS PART OF AUSSIE,
IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO SHOW THEM WE ARE NOT. HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO, AND IF SO WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

Realist
May 13, 2009, 8:47 PM
Haven't been there, but have had friends who were born there, lived here in the states. I know where it is....I went to school when they taught geography!

I also saw "Fastest Indian Alive" Best movie I've seen in some time!

THEWRAITH
May 13, 2009, 8:50 PM
sounds good lol we have made better flims lol
but it was good

BrotherJack
May 13, 2009, 10:44 PM
sounds good lol we have made better flims lol
but it was good

New Zealand and Australian fims are good.....''Once were warriors''

''The thread too far''

THEWRAITH
May 14, 2009, 12:31 AM
how and why have i gone to far pls explan to me

AforAntechinus
May 14, 2009, 1:47 AM
Hiya, well I am from Australia, I have stopped over in NZ for a connection to Canada, but haven't really been there, although one of my friends is from the North Island, so I will be going over to see her sometime in the next year or two and I will probly tour both the islands.

Hephaestion
May 14, 2009, 3:43 AM
I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE FROM THE STATES LAST NIGHT AND THEY THINK N.Z IS PART OF AUSSIE,
IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO SHOW THEM WE ARE NOT. HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO, AND IF SO WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

There's a clip on the Web which was taken from a humerous documentary asking Amerticans if they knew where Australia was.

Obviously one should take such things with a pinch of salt but the response was remarakbly consistent with the presidential leadership of the time i.e. they didn't have a clue. 'Was it part of Texas?' was one such reply.

Surely everyone knows that New Zealand is a little further on from New Holland and van Diemen's Land and that is probably why the confusion arises.

Long Duck Dong
May 14, 2009, 4:16 AM
i live in the top of the south island.... formerly of hawkes bay, napier and hastings...... and like any place.... its beautiful until you live there.....

but that is like any place in the world.... its not the scenery that makes a place great to live in....its the people

NakedInSeattle
May 14, 2009, 1:04 PM
We'll be spending a month in Jan. Will be visiting as many nudist resorts as we can.

Love NZ. Favorite place in the whole world (beside the US). Great wines, hot and sexy people and great weather and sites.