PDA

View Full Version : opinions wanted on long haired guys

Nikki Vandom
Feb 4, 2006, 7:46 PM
Ok,here's something that may be fun.This is open to everyone but I am curious to see what the girls have to say most of all.Growing up in the 70's and 80's, long hair was cool on a guy.Heck, my first idea of what a guy should look like was Keith Partridge( David Cassidy) from the Partridge family TV show(ok,stop laughing!).Well,I guess Im an unrepentant hippy kid cuz I like my hair shoulder length or a tad more.I look around and, Golly! The corporate uniform reigns supreme!What is your opinion.Is neat, clean long hair unattractive?Is the corporate buzz really that much of a head turner?What do you think?Peace & Love,N.V. :bipride:

Lorcan
Feb 4, 2006, 9:19 PM
I LOVE long hair and i always will. :love: I don't care what's in style right now. I was once in love with a guy with long lovely wavy blond hair. People would call him "miss" from behind. He had hair girls would be jealous of.

ambi53mm
Feb 5, 2006, 3:46 AM
Ok,here's something that may be fun.This is open to everyone but I am curious to see what the girls have to say most of all.Growing up in the 70's and 80's, long hair was cool on a guy.Heck, my first idea of what a guy should look like was Keith Partridge( David Cassidy) from the Partridge family TV show(ok,stop laughing!).Well,I guess Im an unrepentant hippy kid cuz I like my hair shoulder length or a tad more.I look around and, Golly! The corporate uniform reigns supreme!What is your opinion.Is neat, clean long hair unattractive?Is the corporate buzz really that much of a head turner?What do you think?Peace & Love,N.V. :bipride:

....As an unrepentant hippy kid...hmmm ok as an unrepentant hippy extending my adolescence well into and past my mid life crisis :cool: , I’m still partial towards long hair on males.I’ve had close to the same haircut since about 16 give or take a few years in the military..It’s been down past the shoulders a few times but I prefer the style closer to Michael Landon’s style…not the Bonanza style but the one where he plays an angel. :angel:
Some guys look better with long hair than others..Some look better with shorter hair. After having my head shaved twice in the Army I vowed never to get it cut that short again. Figured I’d earned the right to where it any way I want. If you got it flaunt it.
Hair don’t make the man…but occasionally I do :bigrin:

Ambi

m.in.heels&hose
Feb 5, 2006, 1:35 PM
this thread looks like it can be alot of fun
being born in 1966 i have found the 70's have inflenced me a great deal ( mostly with trends mostly towards cars) but anyway,. i have always prefered to have longer hair even now thats it thinning and that carried on into the 80's as well the person i tried to look like (hair wise) was john cougar ( i wish all of you would stop laughing) from the american fool and pink houses albums (i can still hear you people laughing)

but thank you for my say in this thread, and i will have to keep an eye on it too

m.in.heels&hose :cool:

P.S. long live long hair!!!!!

anne27
Feb 5, 2006, 1:46 PM
It depends on the guy. When I was a kid I was a big fan of David Lee Roth of Van Halen (ok, I'm old. That was before Sammy Hagar and that other guy who's name I don't even know). Drooled over him and loved his hair. I saw him a while back on tv and was like 'dude, that hair is way past it's time'.

Some guys look good with it. Some don't. Depends on the man. I mean can you imagine Santa Claus with a crewcut? Just scary. :eek:

Driver 8
Feb 5, 2006, 1:47 PM
the person i tried to look like (hair wise) was john cougar ( i wish all of you would stop laughing) from the american fool and pink houses albums (i can still hear you people laughing)

From now on, and for the rest of my life, every time someone mentions John Cougar - I will imagine him in heels and hose.

Personally I love guys with long hair, the longer the better. Long hair doesn't suit every single guy, but if it does, there's nothing hotter.

ambi53mm
Feb 5, 2006, 4:02 PM
From now on, and for the rest of my life, every time someone mentions John Cougar - I will imagine him in heels and hose.

Even hotter than Santa Clause with a crew cut? That's so butch! :bigrin:

moonlitwish
Feb 5, 2006, 4:11 PM
So far I'm the odd one out...I can't stand it when a guy has prettier hair than me. And long and stringy is even worse, so I've never found a guy with long hair attractive. I prefer it short, and if guys are gonna go shaggy, no more than 3 inches all over. Course this coming from the girl who grew up when mullets were in style.... :eek: Think Full House's Uncle Jesse. Nope didn't think that was sexy then either. Sorry to spoil the fun...but men in long hair get a thumbs down from me.

Nikki Vandom
Feb 5, 2006, 5:31 PM
This site is great!Ambi was the first to mention that some guys look good w/it and others don't,I think,but just about everyone mentioned it.I was reading and immediately thought of David Lee Roth when I saw Anne27's post!LOL!!!The funny thing is ,I saw a pic of him last week and he has cut all his hair off to a "corporate uniform " cut and was wearing a suit!I'm sorry,That was just too much!It really tripped me out seeing D.L.Roth like that! Thanks Annie!Keep it coming folks,this is cool! Peace & Love,N.V. :flag4:

red_riding_hood_27
Feb 5, 2006, 5:49 PM
Sorry to say I like my men to be groomed. Doesn't have to be the Military cut but I like it to be neat. I don't care too much on guys with long hair. To me it looks unkept. Just enough to run my fingers through is enough.

Angela

Mrs.F
Feb 5, 2006, 6:20 PM
When I met hubby, he had longer hair and grew it to his shoulders. That was the "in" thing back in the 80's. But as we grew older (notice I said "grew older" and not "grew up" :rolleyes: ) he cut it shorter and shorter. And when our son was born and I was in the hospital, he decided to go off and get it buzzed so short he was close to bald. I have to say that I did like it. And guys who have goe tee's (spelling??) and little hair on the head or even bald, I find very hot. I'm a huge fan of some facial hair :bigrin: As long as it's neat and kept up. It's amazing the older you get how much your tastes can change.

Mrs.F :)

cassie
Feb 5, 2006, 6:32 PM
I must admit I like a guy to be clean shaven and short trimmed hair, but......
girls what about FABIO he is hot!!. I wouldn't rule out someone that looked like him.

:-)

bigregory
Feb 5, 2006, 10:12 PM
Wow i find hair so superficial.
Unless its dirty/greasy UGG.
My wife likes Roger Daltry with his long hair back 20/25 years ago.
Fabio is just gross....
In my day my hair was well past my shoulders.
Damm i was hot..

redheadedwench
Feb 6, 2006, 12:36 AM
ok, i agree too, that there are just some guys that look good with short hair and some that only look good with long hair. but there are a very few who could pull off either way. but, i personally prefer guys with long hair, but it can't be greasy and stringy-that is gross!! i also don't prefer short hair on ladies either. i like long dark hair, usually!!

redheadedwench ;)

yaknowthatguy
Feb 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
I had long hair until I was about 20. Looked pretty good, I took care of it (no point having something you don't take care of!).

Fast forward, and long story short, circumstances came up where I ended up shaving my head. Yes, the hair still grows back just fine - but I keep it shaved. Low maintenance! Looks good too - my wife doesn't know me with hair at all! :bigrin:

That Guy

RebekaLee
Feb 6, 2006, 12:13 PM
I must admit I like a guy to be clean shaven and short trimmed hair, but......
girls what about FABIO he is hot!!. I wouldn't rule out someone that looked like him.

:-)

i'm not a big fan of long hair on men. i like my men in business suits w/short hair. :tongue: i never found fabio hot either...just not attrative to me. oh, but i do agree w/teh bald head w/some facial hair (not too much..jsut a little)...that is pretty sexy (of course not ANY guy can pullthis off...haha)

meteast chick
Feb 6, 2006, 12:14 PM
I grew up in the years of grunge, and long hair was hot. I had the best sex of my life with a long-haired rock singer, who went to college, and is currently on Broadway as a long-haired opera singer! As previously said, long hair does not suit everyone, and that includes some women. It must be kept up well, but men can get away with slightly unkempt hair, it is to be expected. My husband has short hair and before him I loved men with all lengths of hair, but I will admit I loved how other women looked at me when I was with my long-haired man!

Chaia
Feb 6, 2006, 3:27 PM
My husband has very curly hair and when younger it was very long and bushy--perfect 80s hair! Now it is very short all over. I like it both ways. I am partial to men with wavy/curly almost shoulder length hair. Dark hair. But if someone is starting to loose that hair, I like for it to be shaved close. No comb overs please.
Chaia

Mrs. Taz
Feb 6, 2006, 5:16 PM
to me it really depends on the guy,does it look good on who ever has the long hair?

usedbear1950
Feb 6, 2006, 7:00 PM
It's funny, I always wanted long hair and a pony tail but my hair is too wavy so all I could grow in the 60s was an afro. Also my hair is so thick that washing it when it's long is a chore. So now I keep my hair groomed and comb it straight back. If i let it grow too long the front of my head looks like a kickin wave for surfers. LOL
Go figure!

:mohawk: No, not for me. LOL

arana
Feb 6, 2006, 7:34 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....and it really depends on the man. Some can carry off long hair well, some can't. Then there are those that can go both ways. A little facial scruff can be sexy too as well as some greying.

Mrs.F
Feb 6, 2006, 9:52 PM
It's funny, I always wanted long hair and a pony tail but my hair is too wavy so all I could grow in the 60s was an afro. Also my hair is so thick that washing it when it's long is a chore. So now I keep my hair groomed and comb it straight back. If i let it grow too long the front of my head looks like a kickin wave for surfers. LOL
Go figure!

:mohawk: No, not for me. LOL

Bear, you crack me up! :cutelaugh

likalotapuss
Feb 7, 2006, 4:38 PM
Ok, there are always exceptions to every rule, but..... as a "rule" I am attracted to bigger guys, (big arms and chest) that have a short short short buzz cut, or completely bald. With a goatee that is trimmed short mmmmm And put him in a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt OMG

But, like I said, there are exceptions to EVERY rule. There are some guys that are just hot no matter what!

Angie

mistymockingbird
Feb 7, 2006, 4:50 PM
I like the extremes. I like guys that have long hair and I like guys that are bald. That being said...the long hair must be cared for (conditioner gentlemen) and you have to have a nicely shaped noggin to rock the bald look

cchalmer
Feb 8, 2006, 10:53 AM
I have never been a fan of long hair on a guy....I'm not that old but I have always believed that guys should look like guys and girls should look like girls. As for girls....the short "butch" type haircut I think looks ridiculous.

Personally I have always had short hair....coming from a military family there really wasn't much choice. I did experiment shortly after I got out of the army with letting my hair grow some but didn't find it comfortable. Now I would just settle for some hair......period..... :eek:

anne27
Feb 10, 2006, 10:29 PM
This site is great!Ambi was the first to mention that some guys look good w/it and others don't,I think,but just about everyone mentioned it.I was reading and immediately thought of David Lee Roth when I saw Anne27's post!LOL!!!The funny thing is ,I saw a pic of him last week and he has cut all his hair off to a "corporate uniform " cut and was wearing a suit!I'm sorry,That was just too much!It really tripped me out seeing D.L.Roth like that! Thanks Annie!Keep it coming folks,this is cool! Peace & Love,N.V. :flag4:

Oh, David Lee with a corporate cut?? That's even scarier than Santa with a crewcut! ;) I've gotta find a picture of Dave with the cut now! Watch out google!

inthewoods
Feb 11, 2006, 12:01 PM
I am one of those long haired guys, have been all my life, I am 48 and it's still at mid back and this is shorter than it has been for most of my life. My sisters would braid my hair for me when we were all young and at home. I had a braid that went to my belt for most of my life. I cut my hair short once when I was I think 20 and I never herd the end of it. Every one I knew asked why in the hell did you cut your hair. So after that I let it grow long again, even my daughters to this day tell me never cut your hair.
By the way the only time I have ever shaved my face was the same time I cut my hair short. I keep the face hair trimmed and my daughter trims my hair about every 2 years. Long hair, blue jeans, flannel shirts and bare foot in the summer, just the way I grew up.

bhg08054
Feb 11, 2006, 4:00 PM
I've read all your comments, and decided it's time to show off my own head of hair!

I really like my hair, the way it looks, the way it feels when I touch it, and most of all they way it feels when someone else touches it. Having my hair brushed has an even been a comforting part of a very emotional experience. Thanks again, you know who you are!

The only time I've let anyone trim it was last summer, and the person doing the trimming was an intimate friend. I don't trust anyone else.

Check my profile for a larger picture of my hair from behind.

Nikki Vandom
Feb 14, 2006, 6:22 PM
Hi All!Im back!Hey Annie,did u find that pic of D.L.Roth?Scary,eh?Oh,yeah,in the woods,Im right up there w/cha!And don't forget to trow on some Ted Nugent!Peace & Love,N.V. :flag2:

Chris50
Feb 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
I have never been a fan of long hair on a guy....I'm not that old but I have always believed that guys should look like guys and girls should look like girls. As for girls....the short "butch" type haircut I think looks ridiculous.

Personally I have always had short hair....coming from a military family there really wasn't much choice. I did experiment shortly after I got out of the army with letting my hair grow some but didn't find it comfortable. Now I would just settle for some hair......period..... :eek:

I agree to a certain point on what what you said above, but what about guys that wish to look more feminine? Guys that wish to to be trangendered? Shemales? etc I definitetly agree that girls should be girls no matter if they are lesbian or what...the whole idea of being and looking like a guy just to go out with another woman..is ludicris...unless they intend to go the whole route...(ie; get the op). For myself I tend to be and act more feminine then masculine...and if I had the money I would become a shemale...I love shemales.

sexy couple
Feb 15, 2006, 1:29 AM
When we first started dating about 7 years ago, his hair was just barely shoulder length and wavy. Over time he cut it short, then eventually just shaved it all off: I LOVE IT! Kissing and rubbing all over his smooth head drives me wild, and his sexy goatee makes him look very naughty! He's trying to grow out his goatee long enough to weave some cool beads into it... :drool: