PDA

View Full Version : A little help for a Wanderer

maddog52
May 6, 2009, 8:23 PM
:flag4::bipride:Although my erotic personality , which I believe is right on, is a wanderer I have no clue on how to identify other males which might be receptive to a come on. How does a guy go out for the night and search out other guys who could prehaps be be doing the same thing. How would I let others know that I would be open to a flirt from a nice guy. I fantasize about being in Home Depot and being approached by a good looking guy with a smile in his eyes and asking if I knew where the ballcocks were. How do I find that guy? :bipride:

its430am
May 6, 2009, 9:06 PM
I had to laugh, not because what you are asking is funny, but because I was in a similar store to Home Depot the other night and this extremely nice looking man caught my eye. In addition to his other fine features, he was wearing a rainbow bracelet (for lack of a better word, it really was a nice looking apparel addition). I'm not in the market for a guy right now and I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing it to attract females, but it really was a nice touch--and if I was a guy looking for a guy, I would have pounced on that opportunity in a second. Maybe you have the fashion sense to pull it off, then the right guy would be more likely to find you. :)

Soph

jem_is_bi
May 6, 2009, 9:35 PM
Home Depot? When I go to Home Depot, it is for totally different plumbing there than what your trying to find.
There are plenty of internet sites that specialize in hooking up with male plumbing and you will not have to peal off a bar code to use it.

Lonewolf76
May 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
Maddog,

I was advised by a Bi friend to read a great book. "The unofficial Gay Manual" by Kevin Dilallo & Jack Krunholtz. Don't let the title fool you. It's loaded with info on how to land a potential play partner or mate....

What you are doing by looking for a guy in Home Depot or anywhere else is "Cruising". One of the suggestions by the authors is called the 1-2-3 turn. If you pass someone on the sidewalk or in a store aisle who looks promising.. keep your cool. Keep walking. As you pass by him, start your count... 1-2-3 and turn. If he's interested and willing and knows the game, chances are he'll turn at exactly the same time. If he does... keep walking and repeat 1-2-3 and turn - if he turns again you've hit pay dirt. Go for it!! I can personally tell you I use it and met two interesting men that way. After the second turn. I smiled and said "Hey, how's it going?" and that started the conversation. I hope you have the same luck. Wolfie

Lonewolf76
May 7, 2009, 9:02 PM
Maddog: You should easily know how to be able to pick up if a guy is into you or not, or how to be able to easily tell if he is bisexual or gay.

Another person cannot teach you how to do this, and a book cannot teach you this stuff either.

It should be clear as day. :2cents:

It should be - in an ideal world - but in reality - it's not always that easy.

jem_is_bi
May 7, 2009, 9:51 PM
Maddog,

I was advised by a Bi friend to read a great book. "The unofficial Gay Manual" by Kevin Dilallo & Jack Krunholtz. Don't let the title fool you. It's loaded with info on how to land a potential play partner or mate....

What you are doing by looking for a guy in Home Depot or anywhere else is "Cruising". One of the suggestions by the authors is called the 1-2-3 turn. If you pass someone on the sidewalk or in a store aisle who looks promising.. keep your cool. Keep walking. As you pass by him, start your count... 1-2-3 and turn. If he's interested and willing and knows the game, chances are he'll turn at exactly the same time. If he does... keep walking and repeat 1-2-3 and turn - if he turns again you've hit pay dirt. Go for it!! I can personally tell you I use it and met two interesting men that way. After the second turn. I smiled and said "Hey, how's it going?" and that started the conversation. I hope you have the same luck. Wolfie

When I have done a second look at another man in Home Depot, it is was because I was checking out the way he was dressed to determine if he worked there and might be able to help me find where half-inch 90 degree copper pipe elbows were located or some other hardware or lumber item.
I never realized what I was really asking for.

veganbigmac
May 8, 2009, 1:05 AM
One thing that's always worked for me is asking my female friends who's out there in the dating scene. Every time I ask one of my friends, she is elated at the opportunity to hook me up with someone. But if you're not into the whole matchmaker scenario, I'd recommend spending some time at your local watering hole. Most people will show their true selves after a couple of drinks. That's not to say you have to hit the bars to find a guy, but that is generally the place to find a playmate. Heck, if you're lucky enough to live in a place with a gay bar, then your work is cut out for you! As for finding a guy somewhere else, why worry about being a seeker when you could just as easily be sought after? Wear a rainbow bracelet, or a pride shirt. I know when I wear my shirt supporting my college BGLAD club I at least have a conversation starter for any interested parties.

Best of luck though, I hope you find what you seek my friend.

Lonewolf76
May 10, 2009, 1:38 PM
When I have done a second look at another man in Home Depot, it is was because I was checking out the way he was dressed to determine if he worked there and might be able to help me find where half-inch 90 degree copper pipe elbows were located or some other hardware or lumber item.
I never realized what I was really asking for.

LMAO - Hey JEM - you may get pipe - just not the kind you set out for!!! LOL Cheers! Wolfie.

Lonewolf76
May 10, 2009, 1:39 PM
One thing that's always worked for me is asking my female friends who's out there in the dating scene. Every time I ask one of my friends, she is elated at the opportunity to hook me up with someone. But if you're not into the whole matchmaker scenario, I'd recommend spending some time at your local watering hole. Most people will show their true selves after a couple of drinks. That's not to say you have to hit the bars to find a guy, but that is generally the place to find a playmate. Heck, if you're lucky enough to live in a place with a gay bar, then your work is cut out for you! As for finding a guy somewhere else, why worry about being a seeker when you could just as easily be sought after? Wear a rainbow bracelet, or a pride shirt. I know when I wear my shirt supporting my college BGLAD club I at least have a conversation starter for any interested parties.

Best of luck though, I hope you find what you seek my friend.

Excellent points! LW

bityme
May 11, 2009, 12:55 AM
:flag4::bipride:Although my erotic personality , which I believe is right on, is a wanderer I have no clue on how to identify other males which might be receptive to a come on. How does a guy go out for the night and search out other guys who could prehaps be be doing the same thing. How would I let others know that I would be open to a flirt from a nice guy. I fantasize about being in Home Depot and being approached by a good looking guy with a smile in his eyes and asking if I knew where the ballcocks were. How do I find that guy? :bipride:

The last time I did a double take in Home Depot, it turned out to be my brother-in-law who had just started working there.

For play partners I stick to the internet sites or groups that have parties or Meet and Greets. At least that way I know that the person at least has an interest in the subject matter. It's a lot easier to start the conversation that leads to finding out if there is any chemistry.

I also find that starting things out by meeting for coffee or a cocktail is the best. A no-strings-attached meeting puts everyone at ease. If it doesn't work out, at least you got to know a little about the person. I always find that part interesting.