PDA

View Full Version : RE: Walt Whitman High School... (VIDEO)

vittoria
Apr 29, 2009, 12:37 AM
Video of Students Counter Protest (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2009/04/24/VI2009042403128.html?sid=ST2009042500037)

Fascinating...

Lonewolf76
Apr 29, 2009, 1:12 AM
Cool! Stand up against hatred and bigotry!! Way to go students of Walt Whitman High!!! LW

rissababynta
Apr 29, 2009, 9:44 AM
Why did that sign say that babies are going to be eaten...?????

curious44
Apr 29, 2009, 10:36 AM
TV and newspaper cameras can always depend on a bunch of irrational adolescents to provide fodder for the above the fold picture or a teaser lead video for the nightly news, whether it's a meaningless waste of time like this that no one cares about or the latest stupid behind the wheel trick that got a couple of them killed. Those are always the best because you get footage of hysterical 15 yr. old girls hugging each other or putting little bouquets of flowers at the crash site.

Lonewolf76
Apr 29, 2009, 3:56 PM

Oh shit! - they're after us baby eating / sacrificial / devil orgy pagans now!!! LMAO - It said that because THAT's how stupid these people really are. I have a favorite phrase I use from time to time if I see someone really closed minded and stupid - I say - "Time to chlorinate the gene pool!" - I think these folks were IN the pool when it was clorinated!!! Just my humble opinion. Wolfie

PolyLoveTriad
Apr 29, 2009, 4:31 PM

LOL it says "You will eat your babies" .... WHY? I dont know?? LOL I saw that and I was like WTH? LOL I couldnt figure out one of the others either... "God sent the ?Chooter?? Couldnt quite read it and have no clue what it meant lol

Those people arent Christians, theyre just mental cases with nothing better to do than spew lies.

redheadchick
Apr 29, 2009, 4:54 PM
That church is ridiculous, but go Walt Whitman students! I think one of my parents went to that school. They grew up in Bethesda. Walt Whitman was an amazing poet and that church is just...ugh.

rissababynta
Apr 29, 2009, 6:03 PM
Yeah...cause I was really wondering what baby eating had to do with it...hmmm.

IanBorthwick
Apr 29, 2009, 11:23 PM
And people wonder why I voted for Obama and liberalism. The opposite side of the spectrum are these BRILLIANT exemplars of hate and conservative religious belief. What they fear, they write off as evil, what they hate they call God's will, and what is different they call a sin so they can feel superior in some way. If it weren't vividly real you could feel sorry for them.

FalconAngel
Apr 29, 2009, 11:30 PM
Oh shit! - they're after us baby eating / sacrificial / devil orgy pagans now!!! LMAO - It said that because THAT's how stupid these people really are. I have a favorite phrase I use from time to time if I see someone really closed minded and stupid - I say - "Time to chlorinate the gene pool!" - I think these folks were IN the pool when it was clorinated!!! Just my humble opinion. Wolfie

Wolfie, they hate everybody.

I have been keeping an eye on these treasonous bastards. You should see all of the hate speech on their website.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/

And here's what the Anti-Defamation league has on them;
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/wbc_on_america.asp

These guys are a bomb away from being considered terrorists.

Lonewolf76
Apr 30, 2009, 1:30 AM
Wolfie, they hate everybody.

I have been keeping an eye on these treasonous bastards. You should see all of the hate speech on their website.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/

And here's what the Anti-Defamation league has on them;
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/wbc_on_america.asp

These guys are a bomb away from being considered terrorists.

Sad --but so, so true! If Timothy McVeigh can blow up the Oklahoma City Federal building and kill babies in the daycare center - what are these sick bastards capable of???? Makes you cringe! Wolfie.

goldenfinger
Apr 30, 2009, 3:02 AM
Someone should call their bluff, offer them $1.000.000 to appear on tv to answer questions about their own sexuality, hooked up to lie detector.If they all pass,they will get the money, if they fail, we all know the truth. If they decline, well, we all know why.You can then use that against them. Maybe that will shut them up.:bigrin:

rissababynta
Apr 30, 2009, 8:59 AM
Someone should call their bluff, offer them $1.000.000 to appear on tv to answer questions about their own sexuality, hooked up to lie detector.If they all pass,they will get the money, if they fail, we all know the truth. If they decline, well, we all know why.You can then use that against them. Maybe that will shut them up.:bigrin:

They'd probably protest the TV station that made the offer with signs that say "God hates lie detectors" too.

its430am
Apr 30, 2009, 9:59 AM
Wow--as a parent I cannot imagine going to a school and shouting at children that God hates them. Yeah, life isn't challenging enough without adults screaming hate at you while you are just trying to get through high school. The poor, poor children of those protestors. Now they have to live down the actions of their partents. And I would surmise that the baby eating could come into play if a child of one the protestors came out of the closet. It would go something like this:

"Mom, I know you feel strongly about homosexuality, and I have waited a long time to tell you this. I hope you will be understanding, but I'm gay."
"YOU LOUSY ROTTEN FILTHY LITTLE MONSTER! GOD HATES YOU! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE MY PUNISHMENT! YOU MUST BE KILLED! AND THEN I WILL EAT YOU!"

Wow.

FalconAngel
Apr 30, 2009, 11:24 AM
Wow--as a parent I cannot imagine going to a school and shouting at children that God hates them. Yeah, life isn't challenging enough without adults screaming hate at you while you are just trying to get through high school. The poor, poor children of those protestors. Now they have to live down the actions of their partents. And I would surmise that the baby eating could come into play if a child of one the protestors came out of the closet. It would go something like this:

"Mom, I know you feel strongly about homosexuality, and I have waited a long time to tell you this. I hope you will be understanding, but I'm gay."
"YOU LOUSY ROTTEN FILTHY LITTLE MONSTER! GOD HATES YOU! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE MY PUNISHMENT! YOU MUST BE KILLED! AND THEN I WILL EAT YOU!"

Wow.

The worst part is that these fools drag their children to the protests and they yell the same hateful things that their parents are shouting.

And the chains of abuse are made, one link at a time.

its430am
Apr 30, 2009, 1:31 PM
The worst part is that these fools drag their children to the protests and they yell the same hateful things that their parents are shouting.

And the chains of abuse are made, one link at a time.

Great point--I do wonder why they were DANCING with their "God hates you" signs. Were they dancing to "I Kissed a Girl" that was playing on the other side of the street without realizing it? Or was it some internal music only they could hear?

Soph

boca.openminded
Apr 30, 2009, 2:19 PM
Thats hysterical... I'm laughing my arse off...

Are the churchs going to boycott every Walt Whitman school / library in the country? I think theres a high school in his name in most every state.

Church people are strange.. They are out of touch with reality..

What about the people that do not believe in god or are from different faiths?

This is one of the reasons why I hate churches. IF thats what you believe fine but do not project your beliefs on others and tell them that they are wrong. Don't go door to door telling me that I am going to hell.

How many different versions of the bible (or religions) are out there? Which one do we believe / trust? What makes me laugh is if everything that they "book" says happened today instead of thousands of years ago, would we believe any of it? A virgin giving birth? If that happened today she would be committed into a mental facility. Was it a miracle or just a made up story? We believe what we want to believe which is fine by me but do not lash out at people who feel differently then you do.

elian
Apr 30, 2009, 5:01 PM
The WBC is great because every place they go they end up being a unifying force in the community since most of the residents in the community rally AGAINST their extreme hatred. We've been picketed 2-3 times here and it's great to see the folks who come out in support diversity.

Just so you can see what this group is REALLY all about - here is a link to a speech given by one of his children that decided to leave the "ministry" - http://atheistnexus.org/page/nate-phelps-2009-aa-speech

The whole concept of certain individuals being "the elect" always seems to generate way too many problems in the world.

meteast chick
Apr 30, 2009, 11:39 PM
Funny how some pick and choose what is right about the Bible and what isn't. It is clear that the Bible condones slavery and condemns homosexuality (even though many say it doesn't). SOOO, let me get this right...we all should do the same as they did? Then in that case I'm considered some man's 'property' and can be bought and sold and raped and murdered without consequence. Thank you God.

My favorite Bible passage is and will always be...

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "

~1 John 4:18~

Good for those kids! It's sad that we can't all see the world through their eyes.

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

FalconAngel
Apr 30, 2009, 11:41 PM
The WBC is great because every place they go they end up being a unifying force in the community since most of the residents in the community rally AGAINST their extreme hatred. We've been picketed 2-3 times here and it's great to see the folks who come out in support diversity.

Just so you can see what this group is REALLY all about - here is a link to a speech given by one of his children that decided to leave the "ministry" - http://atheistnexus.org/page/nate-phelps-2009-aa-speech

The whole concept of certain individuals being "the elect" always seems to generate way too many problems in the world.

What amazes me is that DCF never once got involved in that family. They should have been in that home in force and Phelps would have been in jail to let the family be happy.

Alice Green
May 1, 2009, 3:30 AM
I know this is off point, but don’t you just love Walt Whitman’s poetry.

elian
May 1, 2009, 6:57 PM
Nice..

1 Corinthians 13 is also good - the total of the verse they use at Weddings - some wise words there.

My favorite is a piece of a sermon given by Martin Luther King Jr.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness."
Bob Marley

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Albert Schweitzer

meteast chick
May 1, 2009, 10:12 PM

I hate to quote myself, but this is an afterthought. See above, then think about the fact that they call themselves God-fearing Christians. Does that mean they don't love God? Hmmm...pause for consideration.

meteast

elian
May 2, 2009, 8:37 AM
I hate to quote myself, but this is an afterthought. See above, then think about the fact that they call themselves God-fearing Christians. Does that mean they don't love God? Hmmm...pause for consideration.

meteast

There are a certain contingent of people of faith who view martyrdom as the way to go. Suffering beings them closer to what they believe is spiritual experience.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/faithandreason/watch_gordon.html