PDA

View Full Version : Orange Juice

Ashoka & Kaurwaki
Feb 2, 2006, 4:55 AM
Right, honnestly, this is just to make people smile - but I had to run to the store and it made me laugh:

I've stopped drinking Coke and caffeen all together. So, I wander down to the store to pick up some juice (needed some for cooking anyway). Low and behold, Orange Juice is on sale! So I start to stock up and then look down, there's 4 different types of OJ. Personally I hate pulp. So I get the pulp free stuff. Then there's the regular, extra pulp (which seems really gross to me, but I guess they have to do something with the stuff they take out of mine) and it goes from there.

So I thought I'd ask (perhaps just to make people smile by the obsurdaty of the topic): What kind of OJ do you prefer and why?

red_riding_hood_27
Feb 2, 2006, 7:06 AM
No Pulp for me... I can't take the bits in my drink when I swallow...That is why I don't "SWALLOW" :tongue:

Angela

searchingbrian
Feb 2, 2006, 7:19 AM
this is quite an interesting topic for this site....
Anyway, when I was young I hated pulp but now I can't stand OJ without it. The more the better....kind of like sex!!!

likalotapuss
Feb 2, 2006, 9:12 AM
The more the better....kind of like sex!!!

Although I agree with the previous poster about the more sex the better, i couldn't disagree more about the pulp part. Maybe a little is ok, but any more than that, and I may as well just be eating the damn orange!! lol

Angie

arana
Feb 2, 2006, 9:56 AM
I love Orange Juice (I use to like the band too) and fresh squeezed is the best.

Lisa (va)
Feb 2, 2006, 11:16 AM
Have to agree, fresh squeezed is the way to go.

Lisa
hugs n kisses

searchingbrian
Feb 2, 2006, 11:33 AM
Although I agree with the previous poster about the more sex the better, i couldn't disagree more about the pulp part. Maybe a little is ok, but any more than that, and I may as well just be eating the damn orange!! lol

Angie

Although I agree with Puss' sentiments; a little pulp is like a little tease. You want it all!

inthewoods
Feb 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
I love orange juice but I like the oj with some pulp.
When I was commercial fishing many years ago we stopped at the store on our way to sell our fish and I bought a bottle of oj that had extra pulp. I drank it while I was in the store and when I came out walking to the truck I was spitting out some of this extra pulp. The very first thing my partner said to me was as he is watching me spit, "next time ask her to shave first".

Tom41bimwm
Feb 2, 2006, 2:11 PM
Well, i like OJ (not Simpson, that SOB, should be locked up forever...that's a different thread), I'm definitely not a pulp swallower, the pulp shouldn't be in a drink! Might as well eat the friggin' O. Now, back to that other post, hey, I'll swallow, if the mood hits me.

Michael623
Feb 2, 2006, 2:32 PM
Tropicana Heart Healthy.

12voltman59
Feb 2, 2006, 2:50 PM
I prefer Orange Juice with pulp in it.

Amongst the various places I have lived or spent a great deal of time was the Indian River area of Florida, (Fort Pierce northward to southern Brevard County) where a great deal of citrus fruit is grown.
I loved being able to purchase fresh squeezed orange juice from fruit fresh out of the groves.

I now have my own juicing machine that I use to make my own fresh vegetable and fruit juices--I love to make fresh orange juice at home.

I peel off the outer skin--the orange part is no good.

I like to leave some pulp in my juice.

meteast chick
Feb 2, 2006, 2:51 PM
The best of all is definately fresh-squeezed, but if I don't have that option I'll take no-pulp please! I'm a poet and didn't even know it!

Biboz49
Feb 2, 2006, 9:55 PM
I love the pulp and orange juice with lots in it. I love oranges I guess thats why.

bigregory
Feb 2, 2006, 10:22 PM
All kinds of oj is good.

Does this have some kind of subconscious connecion to the cum swallowing thread?
Fresh squeezed is best bi far.

eods79
Feb 3, 2006, 12:15 AM
I'm a pulp kinda guy

runwildtonight
Feb 3, 2006, 6:02 AM
I used to like it the way it comes out when its freshly squeezed but the last time I moved from Argentina to the USA I became alergic to oranges (aperantly it happens a lot, to become alergic to fruits when you change regions of the world that is) so I can no longer have any but I long for it so much every couple years Ill taste some just because i miss it but 20 minutes later Im regretting it from the hives and rashes :(

well at least im not alergic to pussy juice ;) :bibounce:

Driver 8
Feb 3, 2006, 11:03 AM
Shouldn't this be a poll?

Regular
No pulp
Added pulp
Limeade!

moonlitwish
Feb 3, 2006, 4:46 PM
The only way I can drink pulp in my oj is if it's fresh sqeezed....otherwise, its Tropicana Pure Premium No Pulp with Calcium and Vitamin D.....esp since I'm lactose intol. and don't really do the dairy thing.....or anything else that has calcium-except my bread....when'd they start that??? :rolleyes:

Mrs.F
Feb 4, 2006, 11:00 AM
I can't stand pulp in my oj. Always buy the no pulp. Now you have all made me thirsty for oj and I have none. Must go to the store. :rolleyes:

RebekaLee
Feb 4, 2006, 11:00 AM
wow, what a random thread topic...i love it!!! haha i actually prefer white grape juice :) but i'll take my OJ both ways

I love Orange Juice (I use to like the band too) and fresh squeezed is the best.

as for arana...there was an orange juice band?? what kinda music?

arana
Feb 4, 2006, 5:23 PM
wow, what a random thread topic...i love it!!! haha i actually prefer white grape juice :) but i'll take my OJ both ways

as for arana...there was an orange juice band?? what kinda music?
They were an 80's U.K. band.

concordguy
Feb 4, 2006, 6:54 PM
Freshly squeezed, or give me grapefruit juice. I also enjoy V-8 and if it is homemade then even better. Nothing like squeezing fresh lemons in any category. :tongue:

Nikki Vandom
Feb 4, 2006, 7:22 PM
I like natural O.J. .Living in exile in Florida one has ample opportuntity to aquire oranges.I'll put mine in the fridge overnight and slice them to make wedges, as it were.My daughter and I always have a great laugh at this! We take the wedges in our mouths and bite down on that inner part that has all the juice in it.This leaves the orange "peel" outside our teeth and behind our lips.Then we smile at each other and instead of having white teeth all one sees is an orange smile!Ok,she's 8 years old but she brings out the kid in me!We always get a good laugh going together! Peace & love,N.V.

Sparks
Feb 5, 2006, 7:41 AM
OJ in any fashion suits me just fine. :-)

Rimiada
Feb 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
For me, it has to be either Tropicana or Minute Maid - no pulp and low acidity.

jo69guy
Feb 7, 2006, 6:53 AM
Prefer freshly squeezed myself, but the Tropicana Grove stand is good. I like pulp now, but couldn't stand it as a kid. :2cents: