PDA

View Full Version : Just found video of the coolest bike in the world

FalconAngel
Apr 10, 2009, 2:52 PM
I have talked about this bike to my buddies; even saw a toy of it once in Toys R Us, a few years ago.

Finally, I have confirmation that they ever existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkT561o5Gjw&NR=1

Georgie_Girl
Apr 10, 2009, 3:38 PM
Cool :)

12voltman59
Apr 10, 2009, 6:00 PM
I recall seeing those in some WWII movies--including "Saving Private Ryan"--it looks like it might be fun to run--doesn't seem to get up much speed though.

jem_is_bi
Apr 10, 2009, 9:10 PM
Not for me. That bike would be way to hard to pedal. I like my bike better you can pick it up with one finger.

FalconAngel
Apr 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
Actually, according to an article that I read about it, if you want to stop, just let off the throttle. But if you hit the brakes, it stops like a tank and everyone gets tossed out.

I would love to see one made to more modern material and engine specs. It could probably do Highway speed. Hell of a thing to ride to a bike show.

Realist
Apr 11, 2009, 7:58 AM
The Patton Museum at Ft Knox has a couple of them and they're still fully functional. The name of them is KETTENKRAD. They were made by Opel and they can do about 50 mph. They are neat little vehicles, but probably too expensive to build for what they can do. A Kubelwagen was probably cheaper to build and more flexible.

_Joe_
Apr 11, 2009, 11:17 AM
And here I thought it was the bike with a dildo for a seat.