PDA

View Full Version : Are you out as Bi at your local gay bar?

Papelucho
Apr 5, 2009, 3:15 AM
I think that most people just assume that since I'm at a gay bar, I'm completely gay. I think that there is such a spectrum of orientations there, but still, I don't tell many people that I'm bi. What about everybody else?

vittoria
Apr 5, 2009, 8:48 AM
Yes..

cliffml
Apr 5, 2009, 9:10 AM
I don't say anything either, most think i'm gay and I doesn't bother me.

tutunono
Apr 5, 2009, 12:04 PM
I dont think Knoxville has a gay bar,but if it did,I would be out. I dont hide my sexuality.

FalconAngel
Apr 5, 2009, 1:10 PM
There are quite a few Gay bars in the Ft. Lauderdale area, but I don't tend to frequent any of them so much that my sexuality really matters enough to "out" myself as Bi.

Lonewolf76
Apr 5, 2009, 2:32 PM
There are quite a few Gay bars in the Ft. Lauderdale area, but I don't tend to frequent any of them so much that my sexuality really matters enough to "out" myself as Bi.

Ditto for me at both the bars I frequent in Colorado and in Ft. Lauderdale. Just not an issue. LW

12voltman59
Apr 5, 2009, 2:43 PM
I dont think Knoxville has a gay bar,but if it did,I would be out. I dont hide my sexuality.

With Knoxville being a decent sized metro area and sort of a central location in that part of East Tennesssee--I am very certain that there is at least one gay bar, if not more in Knox.

You have UT-and large, major universities always have a population of GLBT people-at least there is a "gay" night spot within a relatively close proximity to the school.

PS-I did a Google on "gay bars knoxville, tn"--there is not only one but a number of them--here is a link to at least some of them if you are interested:

http://www.outinknoxville.com/resources/list2.asp?Category=31

I found this short article talking about how GLBT friendly that the Knoxville area has become: http://www.knoxville.world-guides.com/knoxville_gay.html

rissababynta
Apr 5, 2009, 3:01 PM
I have not been to a local gay bar around here but I'm pretty much out as bisexual to everyone so if I were to go to one I assume that if anyone were to ask or get to know me better I'd be identified as bi.

sparkmaster69
Apr 5, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yep.Always been bi!:flag4:

rukiddingme
Apr 5, 2009, 10:23 PM
No, I have been to a gay bar before with my gf, but other than my gf, no one else knows im bi

DeShawn2
Apr 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
I don't go to gay bars that often at all. But, if they ask, or vocally assume, then I'll set the record.

welickit
Apr 6, 2009, 9:13 AM
We have a local gay/lesbian lounge we go to. We are totally open and honest about being bisexual. Others at the lounge show an interest in talking with us about being bisexual. The most common question seems to be, What attracts us to someone. We are accepted and treated equally by all. One thing about a gay/lesbian place is that regardless of your sex or sexual orientation you sure get felt up a lot. :bipride:

Toad82
Apr 6, 2009, 10:06 AM
No one has ever asked. Everyone probably thinks I am though.

ryder_is_hot
Apr 6, 2009, 3:04 PM
As far as asking goes i went to a gay bar and it was full of men, being female people probably assumed i was straight but with a gay friend. :)

I would have told if they asked....:rolleyes:

Kitsy
Apr 6, 2009, 3:17 PM
Don't know where any gay bars are >_> let alone local ones... Maybe I should research it ^_^;;

trubipoly
Apr 6, 2009, 6:44 PM
I usually go to the Gay Bar with my wife so its out there in the open . I Tell anyone I meet there I am bisexual since Not all are ok with dating a Married Bisexual man or woman. Not that I dont still flirt and cat it up with everyone at the bar or Try to count anyone out. just easier than heading down a road that has a dead end.

biblaqman
Apr 6, 2009, 7:35 PM
No local gay bar.

Interesting story, I had the cable installer over to set up my internet. He found out I was law enforcement. He was interested in a career change and was thinking about being a cop.

I told him that the hierarchy in my dept. was very diverse. He was a bit surprised I knew he was gay. (It was so obvious:)

Anyway, I told him to apply, I mentioned I was bi and he gave me a look with rolling eyes and said: "Oh, you're one of those huh?"

I didn't get upset. I just laughed it off. I told him: "Yeah, I'm like a unicorn. We're not supposed to exist but we do!"

writes at night
Apr 6, 2009, 11:31 PM
I have yet to visit the Orlando night life. To be honest, I am too old and lack the patience.

But in Connecticut, I was openly bi in the two bars where I was well known. I was the "Hag with a Twist". I helped a friend who performs dress for all his performances, so I became pretty well known at the Polo and the Chez Est. Everyone knew who and what I was, and I was loved, as is. It was that first feeling of acceptance that allowed me to accept myself, and explore "outside the box".