PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Chuckle-Human Kindness

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 2, 2009, 9:56 PM
Just when you have lost faith in human kindness, someone who teaches at Kean Elementary in Wooster, Ohio forwarded the following letter.

The letter was sent to the Principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all humankind. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.
Dear Kean Elementary:

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Sprenger Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.
My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.
The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. Her distress over the broken radio touched me and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers.

She asked if she could listen to mine, and I told her to kiss my ass.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,
Agnes Baker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12voltman59
Apr 2, 2009, 10:51 PM
Nice story CAT--an example of "what goes around, comes around" for sure!!!

graytwo
Apr 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
Humor is funny, like this one..

Subject: Permission to play Golf

Four married guys go golfing. During the 4th hole the following conversation took place:

First Guy:
'You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come out golfing this weekend.. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend.'

Second Guy:
'That's nothing; I had to promise my wife that I will build her a new deck for the pool.'

Third Guy:
'Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise my wife that I will remodel the kitchen for her.'

They continue to play the hole when they realized that the fourth guy has Not said a word.

So they ask him, 'You haven't said anything about what you had to do to be able to come golfing this weekend. What's the deal?'

Fourth guy:
'I just set my alarm for 5:30am. When it went off, I gave the wife a slap on the ass and said: 'Golf course or intercourse?' She said: 'Wear sun-block.'

source: http://www.absolutelyfresh.com/

What a hoot, jokes and fish at the same place.

Thanks for the thread Cat!

jem_is_bi
Apr 2, 2009, 11:16 PM
Humor is funny, like this one..

Subject: Permission to play Golf

Four married guys go golfing. During the 4th hole the following conversation took place:

First Guy:
'You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come out golfing this weekend.. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend.'

Second Guy:
'That's nothing; I had to promise my wife that I will build her a new deck for the pool.'

Third Guy:
'Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise my wife that I will remodel the kitchen for her.'

They continue to play the hole when they realized that the fourth guy has Not said a word.

So they ask him, 'You haven't said anything about what you had to do to be able to come golfing this weekend. What's the deal?'

Fourth guy:
'I just set my alarm for 5:30am. When it went off, I gave the wife a slap on the ass and said: 'Golf course or intercourse?' She said: 'Wear sun-block.'

source: http://www.absolutelyfresh.com/

What a hoot, jokes and fish at the same place.

Thanks for the thread Cat!

So, were you the 4th guy?

rissababynta
Apr 2, 2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna be like that lady when I'm older...kinda like that now.

graytwo
Apr 3, 2009, 12:14 AM
So, were you the 4th guy?

Nope, just one that thought Cats post was engaging, a thread starter - that's all.

Iff'en you look, most the world around us need humor and we should all take it that way. Just laugh, take a deep breath and not be offended by/bi- anything that makes us upset, life is too short. Just take it as it comes/cums and brush off what the dislikes we have without getting angry. That's my thought.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 3, 2009, 1:25 AM
Humor is wonderful for all aspects of life. If we stop laughing and having fun, we grow old and stale, and I dont intend on going without a huge fight! lol
Fun loving Cat:bigrin:

graytwo
Apr 3, 2009, 2:56 AM
Can't resist

Subject: putting your affairs in order!

The doctor, after an examination, sighed and said, 'I've got some bad
news. You have cancer, and you'd best put your affairs in order.'

The woman was shocked, but managed to compose herself and walked into
the waiting room where her daughter had been waiting.

'Well, daughter, we women celebrate when things are good, and we
celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't
well. I have cancer. So, let's head to the club and have a martini.'

After 3 or 4 martinis, the two were feeling a little less somber.
There were some laughs and more martinis. They were eventually
approached by some of the woman's old friends, who were curious as to
what the two were celebrating.

The woman told her 20 friends they were drinking to her impending
end, 'I've been diagnosed with AIDS.'

The friends were aghast, gave her their condolences and beat a
hasty retreat.

After the friends left, the woman's daughter leaned over and whispered,
'Momma, I thought you said you were dying of cancer, and you just told
your friends you were dying of AIDS! Why did you do that??'

'Because I don't want any of those bitches sleeping with your father
after I'm gone.'.

Hiss/claw:eek:

Without humor and smiles, this old world will quit rotating. Keep moving it along. :rotate: