PDA

View Full Version : Got a PC? Get you PCs condom on-Cornficker Worm coming!

12voltman59
Mar 31, 2009, 7:45 PM
Been reading and hearing about this new threat to PCs set to happen tomorrow:

http://news.aol.com/article/conficker-worm-virus-april-1/402022?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fconficker-worm-virus-april-1%2F402022

_Joe_
Mar 31, 2009, 7:51 PM
I like the term Cockflicker more.

Falke
Mar 31, 2009, 10:43 PM
Funfact: Set your computer's clock to 2.Apr.2009. It should avoid the activation date of the first.

Doggiestyle
Mar 31, 2009, 11:54 PM
A corn-hole-er worm?? Wow that sounds kinda kinky to me. I would have inserted a witty comment Zwitter but you seem to have allready. :bigrin:

There I go, thinkin again. Scary huh? Your friend, Doggie.......:doggie:.......:bipride:

bubba
Apr 1, 2009, 4:55 AM
Make sure that your antivirus program is updated and youll probably be fine. This isnt a hoax and it is a malicious threat

graytwo
Apr 1, 2009, 5:13 AM
The internet world is ending.... just like in 2000.

Ratts, now we all have to wait for the stroke of midnight - 12/21/2012 to get wacky again. Hmmm, whose midnight?, and what about those that don't use the Gregorian Calendar? You know, it's tough spreading paranoia if your not a media type and have to rely only on the internet. :rolleyes:

12voltman59
Apr 1, 2009, 10:14 AM
Looks like another media hyped bust--the cyber world did not come crashing down this morning!!!!

Wheew--another close one!!! LOL

But--if it takes things like that to get everyone to do those regular updates we all tend to put off--then its a good thing.

I have had viruses on other computers that basically rendered them the equivalent of alien Hulu human brain mush!!!!

I love those commercials!!!

:bigrin::bigrin:

FalconAngel
Apr 1, 2009, 11:21 AM
According to sources on our local news, the virus only affected about 6% of the Computers in the US. All of the rest of the infections was overseas.

GalacticiaActual
Apr 1, 2009, 11:35 AM
You can bet this boosted the antivirus and security companies books! $-)
Fear - Paranoia - Gloom - Doom!!! = $$$
Makes many people employable...

12voltman59
Apr 1, 2009, 12:32 PM
All my upgrades were for free, so it didn't cost me anything other than some time.

Doggie_Wood
Apr 1, 2009, 1:18 PM
According to sources on our local news, the virus only affected about 6% of the Computers in the US. All of the rest of the infections was overseas.

Probably some third world country with antiquated computers will come crashing down.

Mine didn't though! :bigrin:

Doggie :doggie:

sylar
Apr 1, 2009, 1:25 PM
That headline made me crack up. "PC condoms" :bigrin: