PDA

View Full Version : is there any way to track down a old friend ...

centralpamale
Mar 24, 2009, 11:28 PM
but without being forced to pay for sites? You'd think with this world wide web we'd be able to google the persons name and poof it comes up. i'd like to track this friend down if possible. any help would be great.

DeShawn2
Mar 24, 2009, 11:40 PM
Facebook
Myspace
Alumni Association from School
Organization this person used to belong to
Hobbies/cities - e.g. jujitsu in Denver (they're few and far here)
Old friends/family
Interest-based social networking websites (sports, sexual orientation)
Friends within the same industry

Hope this helps

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 24, 2009, 11:47 PM
Try Facebook , I've come across several friends, friends I havn't talked to in 20 years. Give it a try. Once you have your account, you can search for friends several ways. Good luck !

centralpamale
Mar 25, 2009, 12:04 AM
i used to work with the guy between 95-97 maybe little earlier - We used to have a weekend after work "click " him , 2 girls and me . Haven't seen the one girl sense i graduated h.s DON'T even remember her last name .. the other one - i don't remember her last name but i ran into her i dunno - back in 05-06? maybe workin at a pepboys - Said my friend (male friend) was working for state as a toll taker . then he screwed that up got into trouble.

I'VE tried myspace. no luck- I KNOW he's gay- but wouldn't know where to search for him thru his orientation as previous poster said . Don't think he's much of a blogger for face book - i'll give that one a whirl .. can't try the grocery retail i used to work at because well lets face it - thier employee turn around is just like thier products that go out the door .. They're in and they're out just like that .
any other ideas??

ghytifrdnr
Mar 25, 2009, 2:15 AM
http://www.zabasearch.com

rissababynta
Mar 25, 2009, 9:19 AM
I know that like others have said, facebook and myspace have worked for me. Even if the person does not have an account, I can usually find others that at least knows the person.

FalconAngel
Mar 25, 2009, 11:42 AM
Believe it or not, Craigslist works. I found my daughter and her mom that way. Worked out pretty well for me.

I posted that I was looking for them and within a couple days I had a response that took me to her.

centralpamale
Mar 25, 2009, 11:51 AM
Believe it or not, Craigslist works. I found my daughter and her mom that way. Worked out pretty well for me.

I posted that I was looking for them and within a couple days I had a response that took me to her.

i 've posted in the missed connections section on craigslist for this friend with suttle hints - i didn't think it was right putting his full name on there for every one to see - i put things in my ad about things we did and gave a question where we worked together at and who and where we went out with and to. Thanks for the insight.

centralpamale
Mar 25, 2009, 11:52 AM
I know that like others have said, facebook and myspace have worked for me. Even if the person does not have an account, I can usually find others that at least knows the person.

well Good news is Facebook worked sorta - Found one of the 3 friends- i used to hang with in the day. And sadly this friend informed me the main friend i'm looking for she hasn't seen sense 02 . :( damn.

centralpamale
Mar 25, 2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.zabasearch.com

SAYS its free - but when you want the info you want - address /other info to see if its the actual person your looking for they want 39.95$ That to me is fraud- they claim its free to find them - but once they "find" them its 40$ for the info. Thats not free.

rissababynta
Mar 25, 2009, 11:57 AM
SAYS its free - but when you want the info you want - address /other info to see if its the actual person your looking for they want 39.95$ That to me is fraud- they claim its free to find them - but once they "find" them its 40$ for the info. Thats not free.

Well technically they did FIND them for free, they just aren't giving up any info for free haha.

That's lame, I hate it where things are sneaky like that

centralpamale
Mar 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well technically they did FIND them for free, they just aren't giving up any info for free haha.

That's lame, I hate it where things are sneaky like that

thats like the dating sites - lol they scoop you in with the free sign up - and then you search - find someone you want to talk to opps - gotta pay ! darn it !

you'd think the economy is bad - but these sites that want to help you find a play date , a nsa , a bj , what ever all want money . Hell if i wanted to spend money - why not cut to the chase and find a hooker - lol . Nothing in life is free anymore - gone are the days when people would stop to see if your ok if your on the side of the road with the hood up . BLAH -

so how many people think pay sites are still making a killing on thier fees with this economy ? I FOR one m not supplying them with money lol .

Georgie_Girl
Mar 25, 2009, 4:47 PM
I'm having the same problem trying to find an old friend of mine. It's like he fell off the face of the earth. Good luck :)

welickit
Mar 25, 2009, 6:00 PM
I used the free area of classmates.com. It worked like a charm.

gfofbiguy
Mar 25, 2009, 8:52 PM
Pipl is good too, mostly free as far as I know

http://pipl.com/

eddy10
Mar 25, 2009, 9:33 PM
Have you tried the FBI or CIA? :)

boca.openminded
Mar 26, 2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.zabasearch.com/

Very true BUT you get a general idea. A friend asked me to track down an old high school friend of hers and the first thing I did was type his name in zabasearch. A bunch of names came up but I also knew his brothers name which helped. I gave the info to my friend and she only placed 3 calls to finally contact a member of his family.

The more info you know about the person the better. You should be able to get a phone # or address even if its not current. If you send a letter to that address the person might write you back helping you narrow down the search.

Remember this is all free. You have to do the legwork. If you do not want to do the work then pay the $$$ and hire someone OR sign onto one of these sites & pay their fee...

Craigstlist is tough because many people on there are creepy stalkers so beware. Im sure it works for some but most people on there are creepy. Ive read some of the posts and its a predators paradise.

Bottom line: I was able to get in touch with 3 old friends using zabasearch & facebook.

good luck....

BiJoe696
Apr 19, 2009, 5:57 PM
Try a site called Zabba. Its free and can post messages etc. Look around the site. There are links to pay sites, but lots and lots of free info on the site. I have no connection with the site other than I found a 1/2 brother I had never seen or known about until recently.

"Honestly free people search. All US postal addresses & telephone numbers revealed free. Three-times more listings than white pages phone directory."

www.zabasearch.com/

James Elsworth
Aug 8, 2019, 2:32 AM
If you need to get details about your old friend, maybe I can help you because recently I was having the same issue and a colleague of mine suggested these apps through which you can find anyone

ZabaSearch Website (https://zabasearch.co/)

TruePeopleSearch (https://truepeoplesearch.net/)

I hope this will help you.

lancer525
Aug 10, 2019, 2:07 AM
http://www.the-seeker.com/index.htm

Found an old gf from high school 30+ years ago using that site. And it's completely free.