PDA

View Full Version : safe sex and fellatio (blowjobs)

catalyst
Mar 20, 2009, 6:40 AM
hey fellow posters
i recently got out of a longeterm monogamous relationship, this has pretty much been the pattern of my life
I used to have a 'buddy' who I trusted and would do fellatio without a condom as we had an agreement

I recently went speedating at a bi-fest and got some results! the thing is I feel a bit naive in this area about fellatio
I have luckily never had a STD but the rates are pretty high where I live I am especially worried about herpes which may be dormant on some people
a good friends of mine got herpes from her boyfriends cold sore on his mouth

so i was wondering if people could share theit tips on oral sex in casual relationships, I feel fine about condoms with penetration but have never used dental dams on women and dont know how much sensation would be lost on a man or if Im worrying unessarily

thanks to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

innaminka
Mar 21, 2009, 1:44 AM
Haven't had any problems myself - and yes I've done probably more than my fair share.
Maybe lucky, maybe picky, tho I've rarely let a "date" ejaculate in my mouth. (It tastes yucky - it really does!!) Those days, with guys are over.

Never ever used a dental dam or glad-wrap with a woman either. What a waste.

But please don't use me as criteria. Ask the experts - your doctor.

Hephaestion
Mar 21, 2009, 7:53 AM
There is more than one type of herpes and all can be transmitted sexually: genital to gential and oral to genital

Herpes is a retrovirus that is supposed to go into dormancy within the genetic material of the cell inbetween eruptions. Theoretically it is non transmissable in this condition. HOWEVER! naughty old herpes type 2 especially doesn't know the rules and so it is possible that transmission may occur.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-herpes.htm#Howspread

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/genital-herpes/Pages/Introduction.aspx?url=Pages/What-is-it.aspx

Short answer? - Don't sleep around casually. You should both know the person whose orifices you are going to stick your tongues (and anything else) into and whose juices you are going to eat and whether you are at risk from each other. If you are, then think very carefully as to whether you wish to transmit or receive any disease, especially one which is incurable.

tutunono
Mar 21, 2009, 3:46 PM
I say everyone should be as safe as possible,its worth it. Somethings arent curable. So if the glove or the dam is the way to go...do it,you'll live to have sex another day!:bipride:

catalyst
Mar 22, 2009, 1:03 AM
thanks guys

i know its a grey area, and it seems almost taboo to drag the contraceptions out!
Im just out of a longterm relationship and want some time out from that so havent had to really consider it before

cat xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Realist
Mar 22, 2009, 11:23 AM
I have learned to be patient.......and sometimes that's a bitch, especially when you're with someone who is hot and ready, RIGHT NOW!

But, other than once when I was a kid, I have never had sex with a stranger, or anyone I don't know well and trust. Of course, I haven't had as many lovers as some, but I'd swapped quality for quantity.

Especially these days, having sex with strangers is like playing Russian Roulette with TWO bullets in your revolver!

mike9753
Mar 22, 2009, 1:33 PM
Hi:

I had a thoughtless oral sex encounter, which I am mortified about. I was tested and given a clean bill of health, but will be tested again in 3 months. However, I wrote the the CDC and received the following reply. You may find it to be helpful:

Thank you for your inquiry to CDC-INFO. In response to your request for information on HIV testing and the risk of HIV through oral sex, we can provide you with the following information.

It is possible for HIV to be spread during oral sex. A person can become infected with HIV by performing or receiving oral sex.

If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, they can pass it to the person performing oral sex through body fluids that come into contact with cells lining the mouth.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through:
* the opening at the tip of the penis;
* the lining of the vagina or cervix;
* the lining of the anus; or
* small cuts or open sores.

No one knows exactly what the degree of risk is. But, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

HIV tests measure the antibodies your body makes to fight HIV. Most people develop antibodies within 2 to 8 weeks after exposure, and almost all people (97 percent) develop antibodies within the first 3 months. It can take some time for your body's immune (defense) system to make enough antibodies to be detected by an HIV test. The average is 25 days. In rare cases, it can take up to 6 months.

If you have an HIV test within 3 months of possible exposure and the result is negative, you may want to repeat the test more than 3 months after exposure.

It is best to speak with a healthcare provider about the best time to get tested.

For more information about HIV, please visit the CDC websites:

National HIV and STD Testing Resources
http://www.hivtest.org

HIV/AIDS
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/default.htm

We hope this information is helpful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

Thank you for contacting CDC-INFO Contact Center. Please do not hesitate to call 1-800-CDC-INFO, e-mail cdcinfo@cdc.gov or visit http://www.cdc.gov if you have any additional questions.

CDC-INFO is a service of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). This service is provided by Vangent, Inc. under contract to CDC and ATSDR.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit CDC-INFO s Customer Satisfaction Survey and tell us about your recent experience with CDC-INFO. The survey results will help improve our services. The address for the survey is http://www.emtservices.org/cdcinfo/en/email_satisfaction_survey.htm. Thank you.