PDA

View Full Version : A Question...

silver_wolf
Mar 14, 2009, 5:27 PM
I have a quick, probably naive question. In the bi community, is it more common to hook up for a one time thing, or an actual relationship? I know I've not been here long, but I get the impression the former is more common. Which would be discouraging; I'd rather be in a longer relationship w/ one person than w/ a whole bunch of people.

FalconAngel
Mar 14, 2009, 5:30 PM
All of that depends on you and what you want. It is really no different from living the straight life, except for the gender you choose.

Annika L
Mar 14, 2009, 6:05 PM
I have a quick, probably naive question. In the bi community, is it more common to hook up for a one time thing, or an actual relationship? I know I've not been here long, but I get the impression the former is more common. Which would be discouraging; I'd rather be in a longer relationship w/ one person than w/ a whole bunch of people.

I don't think that bisexuals are necessarily more likely (or much more likely) to go for a one-time hookup than anyone else. Consider the "big picture" out there. It is simply true that there are far more one-time or short-term hook-ups than there are longstanding relationships...in almost any community (except ones where short-term relationships are prohibited).

That being said, there are also plenty of people here (like myself) who are in long-term relationships, and plenty more who are looking for long-term relationships.

So best wishes on your quest, Centurion!

xarordich
Mar 14, 2009, 6:53 PM
I know what you mean silver_wolf I am here more for a serious relationship than for "hooking up" with many people, but I am open for new friends any time. Hope you find what you are looking for!

silver_wolf
Mar 14, 2009, 7:04 PM
thanks. (now I need to know what I'm looking for...)

Lonewolf76
Mar 14, 2009, 9:03 PM
I agree with the comments made earlier - and they are all true - there are exponentially more people looking for one night stands in any culture than there are looking for more long term relationships. But I have also found in my experience as a bisexual male that there seems to be a predominence in men of going for the one night stands over a LTR for the most part. I was very frustrated by this at first as I was looking for a more stable relationship. I finally took the plunge and did just what the hetero's do - I went out and had a great time at the clubs and with people from work and went to gay cafes etc. If I felt like a one nighter - I went for it - If I didn't then I went home alone - It was MY call. Then when I least expected it - I met my current sweetie and we are now working on a stable relationship. So my advice - do the same - Go have fun - YOU call the shots and eventually you'll find someone who clicks. The more you get out to various areas (not exclusively the meat markets that are the clubs) the better your chances of meeting Mr. Right instead of Mr. Right Now! Good luck sweetie!!! LW

RockGardener
Mar 15, 2009, 8:22 AM
I know, I'm gonna get clubbed over the head for this, I know. I think you see more one night stands on here because some guys are still experimenting or on the down low. If they have a long term relationship, that would involve coming out, everyone thinking they're gay. And the definition of bisexuality is so wide, encompassing mostly straight, all the way to mostly gay. I know my guy is not looking for a ltr with a guy, he is not wired that way. Guys that are only "a little bit bi" are probably not going to pursue ltr's with guys.

Well, that's my :2cents:

<puts on a helmet and armor>

darkeyes
Mar 15, 2009, 10:41 AM

Actually its more common 2 hook up for a 1 time thing in the str8, gay, bi or ne otha community ifya think bout it.. jus parta the process as we go through life searchin for an hopefully findin the 1 we will luff an hopefully settle down wiv..:)