PDA

View Full Version : Something I thought you all might like...

IanBorthwick
Mar 6, 2009, 3:38 PM
I found this some time ago, and am still intending to get it for my thumb. Since everyone is posting things like shoes and such, here's something simpler.

http://www.nextgenerationpride.com/bi-pride-ring.html

So what do you all think?

monk93
Mar 6, 2009, 3:42 PM
I would have centered the design a little more and maybe made it with sterling. Could wear it to work, no one over here would know what it meant!! but I'm not out at work and my hubby said no, so...no .... for now ;)

gfofbiguy
Mar 6, 2009, 4:49 PM
I like it, but I agree with monk93 that the design could be centered a little bit more.

Georgie_Girl
Mar 6, 2009, 5:05 PM
That's the only bi pride item in that store. :(

RIfitbiguy
Mar 6, 2009, 5:10 PM
Why do we live in a society where people need to share with the world their pride, in their own very personal sexualities.Isnt there already too much information out there, and multi tasking? my 2cents worth.

FalconAngel
Mar 6, 2009, 11:42 PM
It's not bad. Very subtle and just ambiguous enough to confuse the straights.

saturnmoon
Mar 7, 2009, 12:24 AM
I would have centered the design a little more and maybe made it with sterling. Could wear it to work, no one over here would know what it meant!! but I'm not out at work and my hubby said no, so...no .... for now ;)

where can I buy it..let me know

Biboz49
Mar 7, 2009, 12:32 AM
I like it and yes I would wear it.

nothings5d
Mar 7, 2009, 1:40 AM
Anyone know how to figure out your ring size. Once I know that I think I'm ordering one.

IanBorthwick
Mar 7, 2009, 4:19 AM
As far as I know it's something you order from them online only. And for your ring size, you can either purchase ring sizers in plastic or metal...or go visit a local ring store and have them size you. That's what I have always done.

barejerr
Mar 7, 2009, 2:19 PM
actually it is one of the better rings I have seen, pretty discreet... you could "wear" your colors, without anyone who wasn't into the lifestyle, knowing what it mean't. I tend to not like labels, even bisexual has it's plus'es and minus'es

codybear3
Mar 7, 2009, 6:37 PM
Sure, I'd buy it and wear it... I am out and open and as I have stated before, sizable enuf to intimidate those that would like to "impose" thier dislike for GLBT folks... Now that I think about it, I don't really recall anyone trying to gimme crap about who I am... I also wear a black chain choker with the Bi colors on it when I go out... You can see it in my profile pic #7... :paw::paw:

eyelinerprincess
Mar 7, 2009, 6:48 PM
I don't like it, it's not me.

tg Shannon
Mar 7, 2009, 8:50 PM
I like it, I'm ordering!! thanks

ghytifrdnr
Mar 8, 2009, 1:46 AM
I don't find the design appealing.
But the main reason I'll not be wearing it is that the sizes only go to 13. I need a 15.

rissababynta
Mar 8, 2009, 1:36 PM
It is very discreet, but for the most part I don't feel that it is something that is me. I doubt I would be ordering one for myself anytime soon.

IanBorthwick
Mar 9, 2009, 8:11 PM
Firstly, I like it because it IS steel. It makes it too touch to ruin easily. Secondly, it's not marking myself so much as showing pride. If I am gonna be hated, let me be hated for what I am...after I all, I do not ask to be loved for what I am not, right?

This is discreet, it is concealable if you wish it to be, but at the same time it does let you show yourself in some minor way and exult in knowing that you feel just that little bit freer in the world. TO announce in some small way that you are bisexual.

And think on that..I mean really think on it. Freedom is joy, and bisexuality is love unfettered. Shouldn't we be free enough to love unfettered and in so doing fill the world with what it has put so many rules and restrictions on?

I don't see it as a bad thing.

cutenbi
Mar 9, 2009, 10:16 PM
I like it. As a small symbol. I'm not totally out so i think I would relish the thought of someone knowing what it means...I do like to let myself out a little, it feels amazing. The shitty part is i don't ever wear rings...bummer.

NJmale
Mar 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
what ring?

IanBorthwick
Mar 11, 2009, 11:54 PM
what ring?

Er....this one?

http://www.nextgenerationpride.com/bi-pride-ring.html

TaylorMade
Mar 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
It does not kick up my aesthetic skirts.

*Taylor*

lil-latina-chic
Mar 12, 2009, 2:22 AM
I would so wear that ring!It's stylish,and it would work for either male or female!:bipride:

NJmale
Mar 14, 2009, 7:08 AM
WHAT RING?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

NJmale
Mar 15, 2009, 7:40 AM
thaxs IanBorthwick now i no the ring

MarieDelta
Mar 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
Its cool, but not for me.

As far as showing pride in our sexualities and what not. Think about this- how many out bi people do you know?

Do you remember what it was like to be a kid trying to figure all this out? I know that we all made mistakes, what if you had someone to say "hey that might not be a good idea..." or "Hey, try this..."

Straight people don’t need to be out, because the world assumes you are straight, unless you tell it differently. That’s straight privilege (http://thepaintedturtle.blogspot.com/2005/03/heterosexual-privilege-checklist.html).

Lonewolf76
Mar 15, 2009, 1:57 PM
I really like it - I'm gonna buy one. It's understated yet still lets you put the message out there - I like that. Thanks Ian! LW

cand86
Mar 17, 2009, 3:57 AM
I like the concept, even if the execution is a bit too stretched out in the design for me. I probably wouldn't wear it on my finger, but it's the kind of thing I could imagine looking really good on a slightly thick silver chain hanging around my neck.

One of these days when I have enough money, I want to custom-design a high-quality piece of bi jewelry- maybe a cluster of pink topaz, amethyst, and sapphire stones with a gold setting . . .

meteast chick
Mar 23, 2009, 10:35 PM
It's okay I guess, but I suppose I prefer rainbows!!!!!

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

lonekyote
Mar 24, 2009, 2:31 AM
I think its great and i am ordering one as soon as i can

tutunono
Mar 24, 2009, 8:49 AM
I love it and I'm gonna buy it!:bigrin:

open2both
Mar 24, 2009, 2:16 PM
Great!!
And anything that furthers bisexual :bipride:conversation...!