PDA

View Full Version : Advice for someone beginning to live bisexual

biguy27
Mar 5, 2009, 4:06 AM
Hi. I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am bisexual after being bicurious and having bisexual urges since since my teenage years. After embracing my bisexuality, Irealize that I will be faced with much diversity and change. Coming out of the closet to the general public will most likely be difficult. This will especially hold true with my family members, particularly my mother. She will probably never accept the fact that I am bisexual.
Many of my colleagues will probaly be supportive. However, there will be many obstacles for me to overcome. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

rissababynta
Mar 5, 2009, 7:56 AM
All I know is that it is important to be you, otherwise you probably won't be happy. Also, you don't have to come out to everyone to be out lol. Just be who you are and roll with the punches I say :-)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 5, 2009, 2:16 PM
Like I told a very good friend of mine about telling her family. Why should you Have to tell everyone of your sexual preferences? It doesnt make you you who you are, and not everyone needs to know your sexual preference. Just be you Darlin and everything will turn out fine :}
Cat

claydonhanny
Mar 5, 2009, 4:48 PM
Hi. I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am bisexual after being bicurious and having bisexual urges since since my teenage years. After embracing my bisexuality, Irealize that I will be faced with much diversity and change. Coming out of the closet to the general public will most likely be difficult. This will especially hold true with my family members, particularly my mother. She will probably never accept the fact that I am bisexual.
Many of my colleagues will probaly be supportive. However, there will be many obstacles for me to overcome. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
i think we both share same ideology about sex.mine is even worst than yours.cos my parents will never support that and my friends will hate me for it.i told my boyfriend about my feelings and he took me for granted so i guess know one is ready to respect ones feelings cos am bi does not mean am not human offcourse am beautiful i can get any man looking for me but i just want to make my feelings to be reality.i guess you should just face your reality.

Realist
Mar 6, 2009, 6:37 AM
I agree that not everyone needs to know your sexual preferences. Why would you subject those, who are not in your amorous "chain of command", to things they have no need, or desire, to know? I have known I was bisexual since I was about 13, but knew even then that my personal desires and needs were not everybody's business. I have never felt the need to advertise such a private and controversial aspect of my life. In my view, there's no need to be so blatant about your sexuality, just as there's no need to tell others about how much money you make, a personal secret that a friend shared with you, or that you caught a sibling masturbating!

darkeyes
Mar 6, 2009, 7:20 AM
I agree that not everyone needs to know your sexual preferences....................................... ............. there's no need to be so blatant about your sexuality, ......................... or that you caught a sibling masturbating!Bloody hell Drew...betta close down forums now!!!;):bigrin:

Realist
Mar 6, 2009, 9:53 AM
Now, there you go, Fran, taking stuff out of context! You Limeys are always tryin' to stir up trouble!

Oops, my grandparents were from the British Isles.

Are Scots considered Limeys, too?

Hey, I haven't stirred up any controversy, yet, so here's my chance to irritate someone.

AshMash
Mar 6, 2009, 3:20 PM
1.) Be your self.
2.) Choose your battles wisely.
3.) Do what feels right. (unless you want to like commit a crime)

;)