PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a pair of Bisexual Pride shoes?

nothings5d
Mar 4, 2009, 1:15 PM
I'm a big fan of Converse All-Stars, aka Chucks. They have a section of their website where you can customize a pair of shoes for an increase in price. I was playing around with it seeing how different combinations looked, when I hit on the idea of making a pair with the bisexual pride colors, or as close as I could get. I like the way they turned out.

This was a pair of the leather Chucks. I don't really like them as anything but canvas, but I was seeing what options there were for the leather when the idea hit me.

What do you think? Would you buy a pair?

xjambix
Mar 4, 2009, 1:18 PM
Ooh, I like them!

PaulWaul
Mar 4, 2009, 1:19 PM
I think I might if it weren't because of people who act violently towards anyone who isn't "normal"

xjambix
Mar 4, 2009, 1:27 PM
I think I might if it weren't because of people who act violently towards anyone who isn't "normal"

Boo to them.

PaulWaul
Mar 4, 2009, 2:29 PM
I normally wouldn't let something like that stop me, but the kind of people I'm worried about aren't necessarily going to stop because of something (to their mind) as insignificant as a misguided law.

RIfitbiguy
Mar 4, 2009, 2:29 PM
I dont feel the need to show my sexual preferance, i am proud ,on my own terms.My sexuality is my business and my close friends! bi the way

vittoria
Mar 4, 2009, 2:50 PM
Umm...

Are Punky Brewster shoes making a comeback?!?!?!?!:eek:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 4, 2009, 2:56 PM
Good Lord No, its got pink on it. Ewwww...lol:female:
I like the blue, tho...:}:male:
Cat

Falke
Mar 4, 2009, 3:03 PM

Eh, I find people don't react as violently as you may think to some things. My usual wardrobe can be taken as very offensive to some, but the worst I have had happen was a dirty look...and sometimes I get a complement on the same note.

Anyhow, I agree with RIfitbiguy... my sexuality...my business. I don't really care who knows, but I'm not going to wear it around on my sleeve, or in this case my feet. ;)

Georgie_Girl
Mar 4, 2009, 3:14 PM
I'd buy then in canvas, not leather. :)

miamiuu
Mar 4, 2009, 3:18 PM
Bi Pride or not I hate those colors. :tong:

darkeyes
Mar 4, 2009, 3:54 PM
Jeez..havya no taste??:eek:No sensa style???:rolleyes:

evilpanda
Mar 4, 2009, 6:31 PM
Forgive me, but I think those are hideous. :2cents:

lady_starlight
Mar 4, 2009, 9:02 PM
I couldn't bring myself to wear those shoes...but not becuase of the colours lol. I would however buy like, rainbow airwalks. Oh my god, i remember being 13 and ALL i wanted in life was purple sparkly airwalks. And by the time I had the 100$ saved up, they weren't cool anymore, and I bought clothes instead lol. I feel old:(

jem_is_bi
Mar 4, 2009, 10:25 PM
What other colors do they come in?

jem_is_bi
Mar 4, 2009, 10:26 PM
What other colors do they come in?

Any thing in closet white?

Biboz49
Mar 4, 2009, 11:47 PM
I like the idea but they're not for me.

rissababynta
Mar 4, 2009, 11:50 PM
If the shoe was a different style I probably would but since they aren't, I probably wouln't

Doggiestyle
Mar 5, 2009, 12:07 AM
WOW what a shoe!!!!! :rolleyes: They kinda stand out don't they? Instead of coming out, with these shoes you would be walking out huh. Actually as much as I like the color pink I believe that I would have to pass up on this. Sorry but they to me don't look right. I still like and do wear my pink t-shirt. Does that redeem me or make me acceptable? Also if I had a shirt with the bisexual colors on it, then I am shure that I would wear it. But the shoes somehow don't look right. Or at least not to me. I guess that shoes are made for walkin & not for talkin HUH???? :bigrin:

Just me a thinkin out loud again. Your friend, Doggie........:doggie:.........:bipride:

IanBorthwick
Mar 5, 2009, 2:16 AM
I'm sorry...I would, but....they are LOUD!

I can't wear anything that loud in any color combo. Personal preference, nothing to do with the colors AT all.

codybear3
Mar 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
LOL... I don't really wear tennis shoes but I like anything that is different...

A question to PaulWual... What is normal???

Fortunate for me, I am sizeable enuff to keep those that would like to give me grief from saying much to me... :2cents: :paw::paw:

FalconAngel
Mar 5, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm not a wearer of tennis shoes. I'm more of a biker boots style of person, so I wouldn't get them.

However, in the next couple of weeks I am hoping to get enough of my backlogged projects out of the way to get my planned Bi pride and Gay pride earrings started into production. They would be in production already, but I am just a one person shop.

eyelinerprincess
Mar 5, 2009, 5:24 PM
I think they look cool! I'd buy a pair.:bipride:

Hephaestion
Mar 6, 2009, 5:52 AM
Wasn't there a pop song at one time (by who?) called
"bromodrosis (stinkfoot)"

Although dealing with a "python boot" (tight hugging not made of python) it seems also appropriate for the kind of trainer shown. Interesting for some?

PS - in reality bromodrosis simply means unpleasantly smelly sweat and does not refer specifically to the foot. In which case it would be podobromodrosis

curious44
Mar 6, 2009, 9:04 AM
I dont feel the need to show my sexual preferance, i am proud ,on my own terms.My sexuality is my business and my close friends! bi the way

I'm in complete agreement, what's the point of waving your sexual preferences in the face of the world? I personally don't give a rat's ass what my neighbors do in private or with whom they do it. And I don't want anybody in my face about it. There is a gay couple on our street and they blend in just fine because they live their lives the way they want and don't wave their sexuality in any one's face or demand "acceptance". They are already accepted because they are good neighbors like the rest of us.
As for the shoes, if you wear them, get the rest of the clown suit to go with them.

void()
Mar 6, 2009, 10:10 AM
"There is a gay couple on our street and they blend in just fine because they live their lives the way they want and don't wave their sexuality in any one's face or demand "acceptance". They are already accepted because they are good neighbors like the rest of us."

Bravo. Excellent way to be.

That's why I'd not bother buying any sort of "pride" stuff. Anyone I choose to let know, already knows. No need to bullhorn it from rooftops and cause waves. At the same time, if you can't afford me the respect to live and let live, then I sure will get in your face.

Damn, I'm such a momma's boy. <chuckle> Live and let live is her standard philosophy. And we both chose the same word for a "safe" word, for the same reason. <lol> Oh well.

nothings5d
Mar 7, 2009, 1:34 AM
I'm sorry...I would, but....they are LOUD!

I can't wear anything that loud in any color combo. Personal preference, nothing to do with the colors AT all.

As soon as I get back to school I'm going to see if I can find a material for them that would produce less loud of colors. My internet here at home is horrible at the moment and I can't load their page.

alegrias
Mar 7, 2009, 2:33 AM
Bi Pride or not I hate those colors. :tong:

I'm with you.

SJ37AndSteph
Mar 7, 2009, 5:14 PM
i would wear them in a different color not into the pink of the shoe but like the blue

chulainn2
Mar 8, 2009, 5:01 PM
Not on a bet, those are one ugly pair of shoes.

Bi-Zarro
Mar 8, 2009, 5:39 PM
I never found Chuck Taylors comfortable, so the style doesn't even matter.

chook
Mar 8, 2009, 5:39 PM
Pink and purple clashes with my eyeballs........do they come in basic black?????:tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin: