PDA

View Full Version : Listen to me sing

rissababynta
Feb 27, 2009, 4:38 PM
Hey all. I have an audition coming up in about 2 weeks and I was thinking about singing Because You Loved Me. I recorded it on myspace karaoke, so if you have a myspace account you can listen to it. Soooo, imagine me without a baby in my arm and with a mic that isn't a total piece of crap (and not throwing up right before singing, I almost puked on my mic, sigh) and tell me if you think that this might be an ok song for me to do.

http://kSolo.MySpace.com/447823716

Doggie_Wood
Feb 27, 2009, 5:31 PM
I-I-I-I-I LIKED IT!!!!!

On a professional mike setup you would be D-I-N-O-M-I-T-E!

Just my :2cents::bigrin::bigrin:

Doggie :doggie:

SJ37AndSteph
Feb 27, 2009, 6:26 PM
Rissa,

thats was amazing woman i really loved hearing u sing ur great girlie so wheres some more i want to hear moreeeeeee

lol

hugs

sweetjuices37 aka candy

rissababynta
Feb 27, 2009, 8:56 PM
Thanks guys. Guess that's a good song to go with huh? Lol!

I am going to be recording more sometime soon, just cause sometimes I get bored and the baby likes the singing so you can keep a look out if you'd like haha.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 27, 2009, 11:21 PM
Yep yep, a different mic would make your voice Shine, hon!
Keep up the fantastic work. (and get a new mic) :}
Cat

onewhocares
Feb 28, 2009, 8:10 AM
Rissa,

I think your voice is very engaging. With a good background track and the right equipement you will be great. I think the song is a good choice for your vocal range. If this is just a sampling of what is inside of you...look out world.

Belle

Realist
Feb 28, 2009, 8:23 AM
That was excellent, Rissa, thanks for sharing. You are a very talented lady! Pretty, too!

rissababynta
Feb 28, 2009, 5:10 PM
Thanks guys! I wanted to originally audition with a song that I had written but I had just recently sold my keyboard and I didn't want to sing something acapella, so I figured "Hey, I love this song, I like to sing it, let me see if I can get away with this instead". It's good to know that you guys think this is good one for me to do. You're opinions actually mean a lot to me because I see you all as very intellectual and honest, so it was important to me to find out what you thought.

An agent I was talking to recently told me that they wanted me to get into opera a little bit more too. I'm kinda annoyed at the moment because I've been doing opera since I was five, and I wanted to try to steer away from that a little bit and do more maimstream stuff, and now he's pushing me to go back to the friggin opera lol. Don't get me wrong, I love singing opera, but after doing it for so long I need a friggin break! This is why I'm in the process of doing auditions with this type of song that are NOT opera related.

I didn't find this audtion through the agent, so that's gotta tell ya something. Think it's time to say adios to him haha.