PDA

View Full Version : This is What's Happening to Our Site--And the WORLD.

vittoria
Feb 26, 2009, 4:41 PM
Whilst everyone breaks out in Queens "Another One Bites the Dust" and wrings their hands in glee over another "job well done" in banning another person( and places another notch on the desktop), Someone in another thread brought up Charles Swindoll. Here's the story.. followed by some Deep Thoughts ( not by Jack Handy, but by ME):

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

Yes, Charles Swindoll did say we are in charge of our attitudes. But everyone misses his point...

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it... and so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes." All this crap was NINETY PERCENT how "we" CHOSE to react to it.

Now let me tell ya somethin...

I dont like people infringing on copyrighted material ("I dont have attitude, I have Altitude... rise above the bullshit"--I wrote that, came up with that... I have no intention of seeing/hearing it on television next month out of someone else's mouth like they came up with it all by themselves and they aint payin me!) But something else that's irritating is that everyone missed the point that the person who got banned was trying to make.

Everyone is so damn thin skinned, always looking for a "whipping boy", looking for those "people under the stairs", that the back biting and the he said/she said and the "who's the next on the enemy list" and all that jazz gets everyone's panties in a bunch and everyone goes on a lynch fest with fiery torches and pitchforks and nooses and burning crosses and any other old damn thing they like. Like the Salem witch trials. Hasnt anyone read 1984? Anyone read a book? When I was a kid in school, we called it "reading with comprehension". I know now as an adult that those book reports were to see who is just superficially understanding whats going on in the world around them and who actually pays attention to detail, looks for something called context clues, anything that might show a sign of reasoning ability.
(Graduated with a 4.5 GPA. Woohoo.) The things that are going on, on this site, is just a sampling of what's going on in the world today. People are so quick to jump on a bandwagon without taking the time to see someone else's point of view like Pavlov's dog. People are becoming more and more superficial--so surface, so shallow, ergo my earlier phrase For Pity the shallow waters in which we swim. Really dont care if I'm next on the Bisexual.com chopping block for being a thinking human that, to quote the movie Auntie Mame starring Rosalind Russell, doesnt have "braces on the brains", this ever so growing "exclusive" community where its apparently more important to think with one's privates than with one's organic computating device aka the human brain. And to think all this crap got started because someone took the time to notice that I wrote a post titled "Dick, Balls, Pussy"--just to get the attention of superficial humans that dont give serious thought the time of day--and the banned person noticed it for the damn shame it is.

Wow.

:2cents:

shybipinay
Feb 26, 2009, 5:12 PM
Thanks for taking the time to copy Chuck's message. What you wrote is wonderful but we are confused about:

"I dont like people infringing on copyrighted material ("I dont have attitude, I have Altitude... rise above the bullshit"--I wrote that, came up with that... I have no intention of seeing/hearing it on television next month out of someone else's mouth like they came up with it all by themselves and they aint payin me!) But something else that's irritating is that everyone missed the point that the person who got banned was trying to make."

Read it several times and can't tell if you are angry at us for what we said in the other thread or not. We certainly did not miss the point of what the banned person was saying. We have also read Orwell's "1984" among others.

Perhaps our point was missed.

vittoria
Feb 26, 2009, 5:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time to copy Chuck's message. What you wrote is wonderful but we are confused about:

"I dont like people infringing on copyrighted material ("I dont have attitude, I have Altitude... rise above the bullshit"--I wrote that, came up with that... I have no intention of seeing/hearing it on television next month out of someone else's mouth like they came up with it all by themselves and they aint payin me!) But something else that's irritating is that everyone missed the point that the person who got banned was trying to make."

Read it several times and can't tell if you are angry at us for what we said in the other thread or not. We certainly did not miss the point of what the banned person was saying.

Not angry at all. Just unpretentiously thoughtful.

And I'm quite glad that you, as a couple, understood :). But not everyone does. And sometimes that requires a translation. Like French into English. And its nice to know that you, shybipinay, didnt take it "personal" as so many people do. If if was a personal thing, one would imagine I, as a mature adult, would bring it to you personally, unlike so many here. Hence, a forum post for all to read, and all to understand, since apparently, "all" were offended by the words of another.

And for some reason when I come up with a cool saying ie. what I typed in quotes, it usually ends up on television somewhere and I'm watching the tv like "OMG!! I came up with that!! WTF!!" LOL which is why i copyrighted that here in the Etats-Unis. A personal funny.

Like I said in the Opening post, to paraphrase and reiterate, ofttimes people are so busy looking for a fight or to argue about something that they fail to see whats there. Thank you for asking for clarity.

welickit
Feb 26, 2009, 6:44 PM
You need to stop smoking that stuff the day before you post. You sure don't make much sense. Sorry for being down to earth while you are in outer space.

jem_is_bi
Feb 26, 2009, 11:14 PM
In my opinion, banning should be used very sparingly. I do not want people banned because a lot of us are upset with them. You (We) need to learn how to take a hit, get back on our feet and go about life without complaint. In fact, you and I need regular criticism to avoid doing really stupid stuff.

12voltman59
Feb 27, 2009, 6:43 AM
I am sort of confused about the reasons Proseros got booted---I know he could be mercurial and such---he most certainly was opionated top be sure----but what is wrong with that??? I do have to say it was hard to follow his posts at times--that is the case with a few others on here too.

I am sorta lost at why he did get booted----I can say to anyone who might have thunk it---- he sure as hell was not the "troll"----and neither was/is Diamond Dog----DD might has his own things he talks about----and once again---he can piss people off with the things he says and the way he does it--but such can be said about many on here--myself included at times I am more than sure----just being somewhat cantakerous at times is no reason to start booting people---if that is the case--the place is gonna get cleaned out pretty damn quick-especially now since it seems that everyone's skin has seemed to gotten so thin.

I know that it must be our fucked up, post 9/11, "here comes the next Great Depression Blues" time we are in and all that's got everyone so sensitive----but folks---lighten up if ya can----do try to lighten up the tone a bit ya'all!!!!

I do wish that we could come to some sort of accommodation when it comes to what gets posted---can we come to an agreement??--- that some here are going to post up the threads like "ya like big or small cocks---small boobies or big knockers" and those who like to post things like "Do We Really Exist?"

I would like to think there is room for both sorts of things on here---and that instead of seperating off into armed camps of each sorta thing pulling out the big guns and firing full blast at the other camps----we just let the board be what it is-----a place for both the "deep" and the "superficial."

Enough all ready Ya'all!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!

rissababynta
Feb 27, 2009, 7:14 AM
I don't get it either Volty. I've never been a huge fan of Pro, but it's not like he's been on every day since joining and all you ever see is an insulting little prick. It sems that he was banned little prematurely. I for one would like to know what the final straw was that got him banned.

csrakate
Feb 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
He did NOT get banned....his posts are still in this forum!!! It appears that he had his profile REMOVED! The removal of a PROFILE is much different than a banning...it is NOT a silencing....it's a personal choice that Proseros, himself, obviously made. His words, thoughts and beliefs still remain intact in his forum postings. Matter of fact, put his name in the Forum search list and you get ALL of his post! The declaration made that he got banned is just as harmful as the things that have been protested against in this thread. You simply CANNOT get on a bandwagon and cry discrimination or bullying unless you have all of the facts. No one seems to have been banned. And Vitt...no need to feel guilty about your post leading to ANYTHING...this crap with Pro started long ago and had absolutely NOTHING to do with his most recent incarnation as a Social educator.....it had more to do with his combative nature and his inability to accept the words or opinions of OTHERS!!! There is, was and never will be equal discourse with him....it's his way or NO way.

rissababynta
Feb 27, 2009, 11:17 AM
Kate my response to this is the same response I have to what you said about his banning in the other thread haha. Didn't want to pretty much copy and paste :-P

Doggiestyle
Feb 27, 2009, 2:13 PM
Yep......I'll agree with Vittoria that I do not have me a attitude, I got a altitude that I rise above all and the more that I smoke the more altitude I get. :stoned: (smoked some the other day that got me such a buzz that I almost banged my head on the moon) So the next time I get all smoked up and somebody asks me "if I got a buzz" on this. I'll reply with "yeah man I got some real altitude on that one". Gotta admit that altitude just sounds better than high, which sounds more like youre greeting someone instead of gettin "all smoked up" :cool:
I also agree with Vittoria about everbody bein so thin-skinned and getting sooooo uptight and bent outta shape when somebody says something critical or in-different to us. :mad: The least little thing and people seem ready to go to get their super machine gun and just kill em all. And we all know (I hope) that that won't solve anything. When driveing, stopping at a intersection, somebody turning, changeing lanes, ETC watch your rear view mirror and all the expressions people make about that. You can tell that some are blank :confused: and some are really :banghead: ready to KILL. Shure other people piss you off and later you piss off others. In the end dosen't it all work out to even??? Ease up and don't be so quick to draw, let someone work on you a while and when it's obvious that they are pickin a fight then hit em. And if you go through life gettin angry at the least little thing, then you are going to go through life as a really, I mean REALLY pissed off person. I was working at a local factory (they are now shut down) where almost everbody in our dept. (and other depts. too) played tricks, jokes, said things, started rumors, ETC on each other all the time. Now it may not seem fun to have somebody "pull one on you" but thats ok cause you would later get your chance at them. It really made work more fun in the long run cause there was always something going on, never boring. And those that just could not take a joke caught HELL. They were targets and some even quit cause of that. I guess thats what happened to Proseros. Don't laugh at him cause most everbody on this site and in the world, seem to go around in the "cocked and ready to shoot" condition where it's me and my way and nothing else.

DAMM, need to get off my :soapbox: Done said too much already. Your friend, Doggie.........:doggie:

12voltman59
Feb 27, 2009, 5:01 PM
I am pretty sure after looking at his profile--Proseros did as much as he could to delete it--but he was not banned---it would say it----even if he was not to many people's liking----the things he did never did rise to the level of bannishment----so I am glad that he didn't get Da Boot from Drew and Company and he left of his own accord---

While I often did not know what to make of Prose----he did add an interesting element to the site I have to say----and as a rational person--at least within a normal mental framework of the definition of rationality---he chose to leave a place he was not welcome----unlike our often returning troll who even though he hates the site---just has to keep coming back---it does seem that Drew's recent threat to take legal action may finally have gotten his attention--but I do have to wonder if this only made him change his spots and decide to adopt a new game plan----by doing things like for his first posting that he wants to be cum dump in a sleazy Miami motel room or something of the sort just to see how people will respond to such a post!!!

If that is the case--he sure got some responses!! :bigrin::bigrin:

rissababynta
Feb 27, 2009, 5:17 PM
i didn't really like pro as much as I wanted to, but I never told him I wanted him to leave or anything. In fact, there were a few times were pro and I would seem to get a chuckle out of each others sarcasm in the middle of a thread. The only thing that I am unwelcoming to here is insults of people who don't actually do anything terribly wrong to deserve it.

mrplayfuluk
Feb 27, 2009, 6:39 PM
Well hello everyone, I am beginning to feel misrepresented considering I was the first to start a thread about our illustrious friend. So much so I thought i should read my own thread again. I may have been wrong in pointing the finger at one person as the perennial troll, but we will never know the answer to that, but as in the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf, it was one time too many. As you will see I have commented in my thread, remember Pro accused me of starting this because I was somehow racist, which is ridiculous for the reasons I mentioned. He also was getting personal towards others recently and in the recent past in his other admitted guises. I didn't ask for him to be banned either I just suggested that we moderate collectively rather than 'relying on the hand of Drew' which indeed we did. My key concern was that Pro would end up dominating the forums for his own entertainment to the point where no one else would get a look in and just stop contributing. Perhaps the best form of moderation as has been suggested was to ignore him then, fine but as people kept rising to the bait, and fueling the fire, that wasn't going to happen.

I love healthy conflict in debate, its what has made some of the threads really good to participate in and to be honest we aren't half as shallow as were accused of being. Its about the personalities on here that make it good and there is always room for fresh blood but there are ways of doing it. So there you have it, I stuck my head above the parapet and took a risk; maybe just maybe along with the 'dick balls pussy' debate, inadvertently there has been something to talk about again and we have all been given a little reality check....