PDA

View Full Version : cadbury milk chocolate tv ads

rayosytruenos
Feb 4, 2009, 5:36 PM
I love this ad that is on tv lately. It reminds me of an old movie of a bunch of blond children (I think they were actually albinoes) who were the children of aliens and Earth women and could forcefully read your minds. There was a remake made later on with Christopher Reeves (late Superman):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugIfOSs1-8

rayosytruenos
Feb 4, 2009, 5:43 PM
Actually I love the previous one too, about a gorilla playing the drums, but it seems that due to copyright issues, the original version with the Phil Collins' song is no longer available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpg7nWXk8Q

Hephaestion
Feb 5, 2009, 4:47 AM
THanks for that rayo. I had not made the connection between the "Midwich Cuckoos" (Sci Fi from John Wyndham 1957) and the ad. Loved the one with the gorilla. Pity it's been pulled.

I wonder if anyone will ever plug the aphrodisiac qualitites of chocolate in an ad. Many moons ago we bought paint-on chcoclate (light and dark swirl) but found ourselves using it on sandwiches when we got the munchies afterwards, Saved on the washing bill. Preferred nuts and honey on nipples, navel, toes etc (hair a big no no!). Although a choc in the botty was interesting as I remember. Reminder here - never use ice cream (whatever flavour) on a bound german girl when you have the french doors open. The scream can deafen, scatter animals, break windows several houses away, and attract on-lookers over the fence on the point of calling the emergency services.

I've said too much, haven't I?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 5, 2009, 2:33 PM
Hep? Back a'waaay from the chocolate, Darlin' lol
Silly Cat

12voltman59
Feb 5, 2009, 7:23 PM
Thanks for posting Rayo!! Glad to see that you came back for at least one post!!

darkeyes
Feb 6, 2009, 4:20 AM
THanks for that rayo. I had not made the connection between the "Midwich Cuckoos" (Sci Fi from John Wyndham 1957) and the ad. Loved the one with the gorilla. Pity it's been pulled.

I wonder if anyone will ever plug the aphrodisiac qualitites of chocolate in an ad. Many moons ago we bought paint-on chcoclate (light and dark swirl) but found ourselves using it on sandwiches when we got the munchies afterwards, Saved on the washing bill. Preferred nuts and honey on nipples, navel, toes etc (hair a big no no!). Although a choc in the botty was interesting as I remember. Reminder here - never use ice cream (whatever flavour) on a bound german girl when you have the french doors open. The scream can deafen, scatter animals, break windows several houses away, and attract on-lookers over the fence on the point of calling the emergency services.

I've said too much, haven't I?The ad had me in stitches.. it reminded me more of me bruvva who has an elastic face and can do all sorts of things wiv eyes nose ears and mouth.. (NOT rude things.. me wudn kno bout that...)

..but talking of the Midwich Cuckoos (the film version wos called Children of the Damned (or wos it Village of the Damned an Children the sequel?? Cant memba) and wos quite awful but quaint). Me listens 2 lots of speech radio wile workin at home. BBC Radio 7 has lots of old and even ancient plays, book adaptations, series an serials dragged out from the archives. Not long go me lissined 2 Wyndham's Day of the Triffids wich was excellent. Much betta than watching the corny old film cos the imagination dus play a huge part in the lissnin experience an its a lot more faithful 2 the book. BBC are makin a new telly version (dunno wen transmission is due)..

..an Heph... tsk....wotta way 2 treat a visitor 2 this country... but mus admit it didn haff gimme a lil tingly thinkin bout it...:bigrin:

Hephaestion
Feb 6, 2009, 7:59 PM
Don't worry Fran, the ice cream wasn't wasted.

BBC7 is brill for all sorts of stuff. As for contortions, the late Spike Milligan in his book "Hitler and my part in his downfall" told of an army comrade who could do 'bacon and eggs' with his nether regions. Apologies to vegetarians but I found that strangely interesting - thinking what a way to eat bacon and eggs.

rayosytruenos
Feb 8, 2009, 9:32 AM
[...] I wonder if anyone will ever plug the aphrodisiac qualitites of chocolate in an ad. Many moons ago we bought paint-on chcoclate (light and dark swirl) but found ourselves using it on sandwiches when we got the munchies afterwards [...]
Hi! I think it's a pity to use body paint chocolate as a spread for your sandwiches... lol :tong:

The solution is to put some plastic protection on top of your sheets. You can use a very cheap protection: clean plastic garbage bags spread and cut covering all your bedlinen, even better, you can unite several of them by tape.

N.B.: That doesn't mean that I have lots of practice... :bigrin: It's just what a friend of mine said about me in front of her husband: I don't know how good you are in bed, but for sure you must be lots of fun! :cool:

All the best,

ray

rayosytruenos
Feb 8, 2009, 9:37 AM
Hep? Back a'waaay from the chocolate, Darlin' lol
Silly Cat
Hi! If it is for the calories, you can always use a light chocolate option, low in fat, calories etc. :rolleyes:

All the best,

ray

rayosytruenos
Feb 8, 2009, 9:43 AM
Thanks for posting Rayo!! Glad to see that you came back for at least one post!!

Hi! Glad to see that you are still in here. ;)

Maybe I'd start to post some silly posts from time to time or maybe to bring some of my old ones to the first page for if some new members could be interested in them.

All the best,

ray

rayosytruenos
Feb 8, 2009, 9:57 AM
[...] ..but talking of the Midwich Cuckoos (the film version wos called Children of the Damned (or wos it Village of the Damned an Children the sequel?? Cant memba) and wos quite awful but quaint). [...]
Hi!

I checked and yeah, Hephaestion and you are right:

The "Midwich Cuckoos" is a science fiction novel written by English author John Wyndham, published in 1957. It has been filmed twice as "Village of the Damned".

The novel was filmed as "Village of the Damned" in 1960, with a script that was relatively faithful to the book. A sequel, "Children of the Damned", followed shortly afterwards.

There was also a remake of the original in 1995 by John Carpenter set in Midwich, California and starring Christopher Reeve in his last film role before he was paralysed in a riding accident. This movie also included Kirstie Alley as the government official Susan, a female character not present in the original novel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midwich_Cuckoos

All the best,

ray

Hephaestion
Feb 8, 2009, 3:51 PM
Rayosytruenos " .........I don't know how good you are in bed, but for sure you must be lots of fun!"

Being good in bed is a matter of luck with appropriate partner but them bursting out in laughter at the sight of me naked is guaranteed.

Hell who needs a bed when you have the garden, or..., or or....... as portrayed in Woody Allen's "Everything you wanted to know about sex", the sketch with Mia Farrow where he plays the suave Italian.

Love the pictures. A few questions: 69 I understand but how do you do 99. Shouldn't that be 66 - unless you are upside down? How hairy are you? Werewolf stage.....?

Regards

Heph.