PDA

View Full Version : 2000 and counting.........

onewhocares
Jan 24, 2009, 4:50 PM
As many of you know that I am an event planner and caterer..one thing we never do is to celebrate our own events.......BUT I am going to take exception to that rule today.

TODAY, I made my two thousandth post..imagine. So I started to look back to those folks who joined around the same time that we did....who is the only one who loves to respond to threads more than I...oh my yes dearest luffy Frances. Oh how far we have all come. Seems like ages when we first signed up. Kate, CMM, Show,Smurf,Volty, Lady D,Arana, Michael,Huney, Used Bear, Rumple, Darkeyes, Sexy Leopard, Toro.Gleeky and SO SO SO many more.

First,I would just like to thank DREW for giving us the forum to express our thoughts and feelings...for the fellow open minded members who have become dear friends in my life...and to those others who bring to me a joy in my life and who encourage me to speak freely, think openly, laugh often, care for others and on occasion piss off people royally.

Are we the same people we were when we first joined this site? Who would imagined that we all could have grown as we have...ventured to new and wondrous new paths that we have. seen loved ones from this site who have left our world but given to us a most warm and tender place within our hearts. Have we built common foundations and baned together for shares thoughts and opinions...YES. Have we been given the opportunity to express our individuality and outspokenness for our differing viewpoints....YES
I am most privileged to be a member here. I know I have been given a GIFT

Belle

wanderingrichard
Jan 24, 2009, 6:16 PM
so, m'dear, when and where is the event you are planning for our lil dysfunctional variegated familial group?

rissababynta
Jan 24, 2009, 6:31 PM
Many warm gratz to you dear! I feel like I've been here forever and I have so much less posts than everyone else so, looks like i have to get my butt in gear. Thanks for makin the rest of us look bad :tong:

Much luff to you. Hope you are a part of this family long enough to hit 3000 too.

12voltman59
Jan 24, 2009, 8:10 PM
Congrats on your 2000 posts Belle--I had passed it sometime back around Christmas----that is pretty good that we have hit this mark in the same relative time period since we pretty much joined at the same time---

Thinking of that time--had to believe it was just a few short years ago---I do think of all those who have been part of this site--but no longer are for one reason or another.

Some, like Huneypot--(as the Muslims say out of respect for the departed: "May Peace Be Upon Her!") I really do hope that she has found the peace she never seemed to have had in life.

I also miss the great postings of someone who once in awhile pops in---Rayostruenos----he had some of the most interesting posts of just about anyone that has ever been here---he always found some very fun topics and he used color for his text that made the physical posts colorful---and man--could did he post up some incredible photos he had collected from elsewhere on the web.

Just an FYI---this post for me marks number 2,100!!!

I still enjoy the boards here--but I sure do miss his fun posts!!

There have been many people who were active members here for a time--either posting on the boards or chatting--or in some cases--they did both.

It has been interesting to have become a member of this site--and in spite of some negativity we have had at times---the experience has been good.

I had almost planned to stop coming here at one point--but I hung on through some of the rough patches----but that did pass.

I do wish the troll--and I have long maintained that this troll we have most recently come to know as Blackdiver---is the same person who has been doing this for well over a year now and has over that time----created many personalities---most of which---Drew banned those accounts and deleted the nastiest of his many posts.

All in all though---I do like this site and plan to be here as long as it serves a purpose in my life--thanks to all those who have made it a great place to be.

Belle is certainly one of those who has made it a great place--and one of these days---we are actually gonna meet in the real world my dear!!!!

For me--as it happens---this post marks my 2,100th post on this site!!!!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 25, 2009, 5:09 PM
First of all, Congrats Miss Belle! And what mighty fine posts they have been, too. Big hugs to you for your growth, and for being the grand Lady that you are! :wiggle2:

When my dear friend first told me about this wondrous place, I was hesitant, and yes..a bit nervous. I didnt know what to expect, didnt know if I would be accepted, for not only am I Bi, but I am a "Swinger" as well, so I wasnt certain of how well recieved I would be. Well, my dear friend was right. He said, "Just go in there and Be You, be your normal miscievious, crazy, playful self and they'll take right to you"
And another friend said "Once they find out how big that heart of yours is, everyone will love you"

Both were right, even tho I venomously Deny having a big warm heart. (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!) Shup Rich. lol

Almost from day one, I was welcomed, even tho I sat back and observed for a couple of weeks until some dumb ass viciously ran down a young lady for asking a valid question. I put in my 2 cents, and he lashed back..that's when he found out this old Cat has claws, and wasnt afraid to use them.

Now I 'walk' into chat and almost everyone knows me and greets me warmly, and that's a fantastic feeling, and they have my heart felt affections for that.
Many of you have "Been there" for me when times were rough, and in turn I have done the same for those I know, love, and like, and have even helped out those that I Dont know well. Many found out that there "Might" be a little bit of intellect under all this hair, aside from the Dumb Country-Girl persona, and dispite the big boobs..lol.
It's all good. :}

I discovered that almost everyone on this site has a wit and intelligence all of their own, and I adore them for it. They are Real people, with real life everyday problems, and we all help each other out the best we can.

I am very fortunate that my friend Knew that I would find a home here, be accepted for the whacky person that I am, would accept my views and eccentric nature, and would eventually become...Everybody's Cat..lol

Hugs and kisses to all that I know, and lecherous grins to thoise I dont know yet..lol :bigrin:

still_shy
Jan 25, 2009, 10:05 PM
It's funny Belle, just the other day I noticed that I had hit 200 and wondered where I found that many words to say! I feel as you do, genuinely fortunate (say that three times real fast :P ) that I have found the wonderful place, and these amazing friends. I have opened up myself to the people here like I have to no one else in my life, to my amazement. Sometimes I think back on some of the stuff I have allowed myself to say here and it still surprises me!

Kudos to your milestone post!! Many many more heartfelt, sincere words to come, I am sure!

BreeIsMe
Jan 25, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congratulations, Belle!!!!!!!!
You also need to celebrate the 2000 times you have helped others on this site with a variety of problems, concerns, and other issues.
Keep posting!!!

Hugs
Bree