PDA

View Full Version : Bi Friendly Bars & Clubs In Clearwater/Tampa Area

palmhbrcpl
Jan 14, 2006, 2:50 PM
We would loike to find a bi-friendly club in Clearwater/Tampa to meet other couples like us and those who are ok with bisexuality.Some Alternative/Gay Lifestyles Clubs frown at us and our openness and teel us it's one way or the other. The Swing Clubs feel it's ok for the girls and even encourage but not for the guys.Where can a couple who is bi go and both have fun lol lol lol.
Thank You

sucintom
Jan 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
I live in jax area and wish they had something like that up here.

nick3635
Jan 17, 2006, 1:57 AM
I very much love couples and respect all boundries that come with that ... do you know hard it is to find that situation ? It's worse than just finding a single woman ! :-) ... As far as clubs and what not .... are you aware of the Tampa Playful Singles club on Yahoo ? They hold events alll during the week and they will give you directions to the private residence. Single women .. as allways are welcome ... guys are voted in on certain nights of the week. Let me know if you need any information on it.
Nick

smokey
Jan 17, 2006, 8:17 AM
The most Bi friendly bar/club (without being a gay bar) was a dance club in Portland Maine called ZOOTZ. It was mostly dance floor with railings around the sides for your drinks and a couple water fountains. It had a small stage, a bar with seating behind it and a balcony above. It also had a small black light lit lounge in the basement. The decor was changed every few months by the local art school students. It was a really nice place and when you walked in and paid you admission you were handed a flyer that read: " If you are sexist, racist, xenophoblic, homophobic, weightist, ageist or any other bigotry go someplace else your business is not welcome here." As a result you saw straight, gays, singles, bi's, young and older out on the floor dancing almost every night. We need more places like that. Here in Roanoke Va. We have 2 gay bars and one is a dance club, and while straights do go there it really is not as open as ZOOTZ was. Its gone now unfortunately.

Driver 8
Jan 17, 2006, 8:53 AM
I often imagine that if I could start and run a bi-friendly club in a big city, I could live happily the rest of my life and never worry about lacking customers.

palmhbrcpl
Jan 18, 2006, 6:32 AM
Thank You Everyone For their Comments Expecially Driver 8 As Her Idea Has Given Us An Idea lol lol lol.But The Question Still Remains Are Their Any Designated Bi-Clubs Open For Couples and Singles.Maybe We Should Start A List For Everyone.

curiousbigdude
Jan 18, 2006, 7:30 AM
I often imagine that if I could start and run a bi-friendly club in a big city, I could live happily the rest of my life and never worry about lacking customers.

I would love to see more swingers clubs that are bi friendly. There are several in my area, but they all cater to couples and single women, single men are made to feel dirty and unwanted. In my fantasy swingers club, single men would be welcome, as long as they were bi. Couples and single ladies would also be welcomed with open arms (and legs :bigrin: ) but there would be no single guy bias. Sure, most parties would be 30 guys and 6 women, but really, what's wrong with that?

Bothbi_cpl813
Mar 29, 2006, 6:34 AM
that is a good idea , start a bi, BYOB club they have some in so. fl..... that change a fee for mixers and etc

holle1199
Apr 15, 2007, 12:34 AM
[
I would like to find somewhere in the area to meet couples and singles also since I live in the Pinellas Park area--it seems to be difficult to meet bi's here.
JIM

QUOTE=Bothbi_cpl813]that is a good idea , start a bi, BYOB club they have some in so. fl..... that change a fee for mixers and etc[/QUOTE]

pasco_lol_cpl
Apr 15, 2007, 12:50 PM
Thank You Everyone For their Comments Expecially Driver 8 As Her Idea Has Given Us An Idea lol lol lol.But The Question Still Remains Are Their Any Designated Bi-Clubs Open For Couples and Singles.Maybe We Should Start A List For Everyone.
Sadly we have not found one single bar in the Tampa Bay area that is friendly. it appears that the only available options would be a pre planned meet and greet at a bar or even someones home. Some of the problems with the former is if the bar is unreceptive to it, they can throw everyone out. Also since such an event would most likely have to take place in a bar where not everyone would be aware that there is a 'bi-friendly' get together going on, the bar would have to set something up with the host or hostess so that those in attendance for the get together could identify each other (I.e armbands). The problem with the event taking place in someones home is who has the ability or desire to host such a gathering. Then the problem common to both venues is getting the word out. Sure you could get the word out to a fair number of members from this site, but how about all those others who arent members of the site? The ones who are bi but are afraid to be known for it in the larger community. Do you just put notices up all over the place (I.e. straight message boards, etc..)? Do you rely on word of mouth? I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but the logistics make my head spin. It would require probably months of planning and marketing to pull off.

Hmmm. Maybe I've got a new hobby to research now.

Barejerrfla
Apr 16, 2007, 6:33 AM
[
I would like to find somewhere in the area to meet couples and singles also since I live in the Pinellas Park area--it seems to be difficult to meet bi's here.
JIM

QUOTE=Bothbi_cpl813]that is a good idea , start a bi, BYOB club they have some in so. fl..... that change a fee for mixers and etc[/QUOTE]

we my ex and I woul dgo to drag show clubs in the area, that is to say, gay bars that cater to that clientel. There used to be a bar near the st pete airport that had brag shows on weekend, there were a lot of couples (m/f) and often times the men would dress and go with their wives. My wife had wanted me to, but I didn;t have the balls to do it... or maybe too much balls, LOL... anyway, that was about as close to a "bi-friendly" bar as I have seen in the area. (Hanks bar) in orlando is "kind of" a known bi bar that patronizes bi couples and bi singles. Of course southeast florida has a few gay bars that are bi friendly, that is of course if you don;t mind going to a gay bar...

Barejerrfla
Apr 16, 2007, 6:46 AM
Sadly we have not found one single bar in the Tampa Bay area that is friendly. it appears that the only available options would be a pre planned meet and greet at a bar or even someones home. Some of the problems with the former is if the bar is unreceptive to it, they can throw everyone out. Also since such an event would most likely have to take place in a bar where not everyone would be aware that there is a 'bi-friendly' get together going on, the bar would have to set something up with the host or hostess so that those in attendance for the get together could identify each other (I.e armbands). The problem with the event taking place in someones home is who has the ability or desire to host such a gathering. Then the problem common to both venues is getting the word out. Sure you could get the word out to a fair number of members from this site, but how about all those others who arent members of the site? The ones who are bi but are afraid to be known for it in the larger community. Do you just put notices up all over the place (I.e. straight message boards, etc..)? Do you rely on word of mouth? I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but the logistics make my head spin. It would require probably months of planning and marketing to pull off.

Hmmm. Maybe I've got a new hobby to research now.

if I may suggest an easy solution to the problem...situation.

I have seen that a few select groups in the greater florida areas do a munch or a meet-greet. They often times start out at a local mall (at the food court) and identify the group by different color balloons, so that people who are coming can easily find the group. that way it is secret to only those people who know about the group. And you don;t have to "wear your bisexuality on your sleeve". A once a month, on a saturday or sunday. and if everyone clicks, they can go from there or make arrangements for meeting after the "meet and greet". that way you get a look-see and conversation before you venture out with someone. it is also a safe place to meet.

just a suggestion....Jerr