PDA

View Full Version : My new job...

rissababynta
Dec 24, 2008, 9:14 AM
I am not posting this in the attempt to spam people into getting anything from me, it's just an informative post because I let you guys know everything I do so if you want to put up posts about how much I suck for advertising on the forum (which is not the basis for why I'm making the post!!) then...oh well...think whatever you want.

ANYWHOOO...

I have been crocheting since I was probably 5 years old. I find it to be a great and addicting hobby because even with children in the house, I can sit with them, play with them, talk to them, and everything else while doing a little crocheting. Even if I have to put it down to get on the floor with them, or make them food, it can be easily put to the side and easily picked up again later. So anyway, since I do it all the time and I'm always making blankets and such for friends and family as gifts, I decided to start customizing them and selling them a while back. So far, all you have gotten a blanket whether it be paid for or as a gift has had no complaints and have been happy that they could get something to match things around their house because I will only do the colors I'm told to do. The only "complaint" that I've recieved is that I should do a lot more patterns, but since I get a lot of requests for blankets (and I'm only one person) I prefer to stick to the same pattern or similar for now because it's easiest and quickest for me.

I didn't realize how many people actually like the idea of having a nice, handmade blanket to throw around until I put an add up I never ask for an overwhelming amount of money for them (the majority of the price is what the materials cost or shipping cost) even a little bit of money has really helped me when it comes to buying more materials and/or providing the family with little extra's such as bread and milk when we are cutting it close to payday. AND...I get to do something that I love all of the time! So basically I couldn't be happier and I'm beginning to wonder if I might have to look into hiring another talented housewife (or someone with lots of time) to help me out haha.

Anyway, I have taken a small break due to our recent move and the holiday season, but people have been notified that I will pick everything up again immediately in the new year. So, since I figured it's a new year hopefully filled with new beginnings and fresh starts and such, I would let all of you guys know about it in case anyone was interested in getting one or if you guys had any other ideas to throw at me for my new job for the year!

Love you guys and have a happy holiday season!

Doggie_Wood
Dec 24, 2008, 10:08 AM
Rissa - hurry back when ya can - Happy Holidays babe

:doggie:

arana
Dec 24, 2008, 10:17 AM
Congrats, Rissa! Hope you have a great Christmas!!!

still_shy
Dec 24, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hey congrats!!! I have always wanted to learn to crochet, my grandma tried to teach me a couple of years ago and it did not go well. The woman normally has the patience of a saint but not with me LOL She told me I was hopeless!! So kudos to you for mastering it :) And have a very very Merry Christmas!

rissababynta
Dec 24, 2008, 2:21 PM
Hey congrats!!! I have always wanted to learn to crochet, my grandma tried to teach me a couple of years ago and it did not go well. The woman normally has the patience of a saint but not with me LOL She told me I was hopeless!! So kudos to you for mastering it :) And have a very very Merry Christmas!

Thanks haha. I'm actually surprised that someone with so much patience that she couldn't teach you...it's really rather easy! You can make beautiful things with the most basic of stitches!

still_shy
Dec 24, 2008, 3:00 PM
Yeah that's exactly what she told me before we started! I'm one of those people who tries everything but masters nothing LOL

rissababynta
Dec 24, 2008, 3:39 PM
Yeah that's exactly what she told me before we started! I'm one of those people who tries everything but masters nothing LOL

lmao well don't give up. once you get the hang of it, it just flows. try again

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 25, 2008, 3:47 AM
Whoo Hoo! Very cool Sweetie. Merry Christmas to you and the best of luck!
Hugzz
Cat;)