PDA

View Full Version : the downfall of societie's social mainframe

rainbowmonk
Dec 19, 2008, 10:40 PM
Hey my friends,

I apologize for my need to once again vent. I feel the need though at this time to talk about something that has been on my mind for quite some time. I call it a domino effect of the social order of our society as we know it. now I may be mistaken but this is what I see.

It starts out with the post war baby boom, in this era men did not open up to their harts or mind to women because they felt they did not have to. This caused women to first numb their pain with ignorance or thing like what they called mamas little helper ( anti-depressants) .

The era after this was the rebellion of the 60's and 70' where the women of our society stood up and said that is enough and rightfully so. Men had to take a step back from their so called perfect world. It was a good thing; women and men were on the same field. The only problem now was there were no rules.

The 80's and 90's went by with flurry as we all tried to numb the pain with every designer drug to human kind.

Which brings us to the present men go to the local pick up spot doing what they know how to do...hunt or so to speak. Women go with the need to find their perfect man. This is all well and good except for the fact that when women go there advertising themselves as an easy mark and then get mad when the men they don't want hit on them. I guess that I need to explain myself in that aspect ... if a woman goes to the bar dressed scantily and then cries foul when the geek comes after them is not right in my terms.

In the same aspect men going to the bar looking shabby and expecting any girl they want to fall all over them is wrong too.

Where do we draw the line? When do follow some sort of decorum?

Why do men and women now compete on the social level thinking of only one thing?....What's in it for me?.... will anyone truly find the love of their life when they cant get past their jealous needs?

This is very irritating to me because usually I'm the one that hears the complaining but is cursed to sit on the side line even though I'm the nice guy. I just want to yell wake up world!!!!.

Thanks for listening and I know this will bring lots of rebuke but I'm ready for it..

Monk

darkeyes
Dec 20, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hey my friends,

Which brings us to the present men go to the local pick up spot doing what they know how to do...hunt or so to speak. Women go with the need to find their perfect man. This is all well and good except for the fact that when women go there advertising themselves as an easy mark and then get mad when the men they don't want hit on them. I guess that I need to explain myself in that aspect ... if a woman goes to the bar dressed scantily and then cries foul when the geek comes after them is not right in my terms.

In the same aspect men going to the bar looking shabby and expecting any girl they want to fall all over them is wrong too.

Where do we draw the line? When do follow some sort of decorum?

Not gonna rebuke ya hun..but am gonna take serious issue wivya bout 1 thing ya sed.. me dresses "scantily" quite often.. its parta the image an its cos how me likes 2 dress wen me goes out.. an if sum geek came afta me me wudn cry foul dependin on wotya mean by cum afta.. makin a play if thats wotya mean is 1 thing..afta bein politely told me not interested..or if it cums 2 needin a lil more forceful gerroff... me will tell em 2 "piss off" if 'e don take the hint... if 'e decides 2 push it further..an press 'imsel on me then me cries foul.. an quite rite an all.. dusn matta how sum 1 dresses.. no 1 has the rite 2 "come after them" 1ce it has been established that the they r not interested... that at the very least is harrassment...

Me dresses 2 look attractive..an in me time 2 attract both men an women... is possible 2 look attractive wetha or not yas scantily clad.. is poss 2 attract peeps also no matta wetha yas ova or undadressed.. but no matta how a girl is dressed scantily or othawise... the geeks 1ce told wot the score is shud bak off an interest themsels elsewer.. mos do long before it gets outa hand... but not all.....still get pestered by guys...an sum lesbians an all so its not jus a guy thing.. as dus me partner an me m8s.. me dresses 2 look gud..look attractive .. not nowadays cos me wonts 2 get laid..but for me partner 1st an foremost.. an for mesel.. an no 1 has the rite 2 "come after" me.. or ne 1 else 1ce the barrier has been put up.. a simple no ty shud suffice...but it don quite often... an no matta how yas clad... it bloody well shud b...

Wen me goes out 2 nite..me will b wot u call scantily clad..in that will wear a dress that makes me look me best... an will accentuate me best bits... me legs an bum.. lotsa skin will b shown ..but no matta..that don give ne 1 the rite to "come after " me.. soz 2 labour the point but do feel eva so strongly bout it...
Decorum is like ne thin else..its subjective an personal 2 the individual.. wot me thinksa decorum may not b the same as u.. so suggest ya think it through a lil more...

elian
Dec 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
Understand both points of view.

This brings to mind something one of my best friends mentioned. She and another group of women visited the Middle East and their tour guide patiently explained to them that women were required to wear the Hijab (cover/veil) because otherwise men might feel tempted by the female figure.

My friend being ever the feminist proceeded to have a discussion with the guide and asked him about the possibility of a man being aroused as the problem of the man and not the woman.. Apparently he had never considered this point of view before.

Aren't hormones and cultural stereotypes lovely??

For the record there is a certain scene in "A Beautiful Mind" that also got me thinking - it was the one where Nash theorizes that very attractive ladies may in fact be more lonely than a lot of people think because of guys perceiving that woman to be "out of their league".

Every once in a while I still think about Marylin Monroe for example, by all accounts a very beautiful person - but she must've been very lonely at the core..to only appreciate someone for their physical attractiveness must leave a certain dimension of the relationship deeply unfulfilling.

-E

MaybeSayMaybe
Dec 20, 2008, 9:18 PM
Sybilla looked into her mirror
Priscilla looked into the washing machine
And the drudgery of being wed
She was so jealous of her sister
And her liberty, and her smart young friends
She was so jealous of her sister

Sybilla looked into the wardrobe
Priscilla looked into the frying pan
And the bacon and eggs