PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Jennifer Gale...

texasman6172003
Dec 19, 2008, 6:03 PM
Hi y'all. Well i wanted too pass on this information, that i heard yesterday. We have had an unfortunate passing of one of our own from our little community. Jennifer Gale,a local Transgenderd activist. She was a real active person as far as running for political office so she could make effective change for the homeless people. I have a link here,that you can read a little about Jennifer,www.news8austin.com Well i know im not real good at things like this but i thought everyone who wanted too should know about Jennifer. Anytime we lose some one from our little community,we are that much poorer for it.. I forgot too add that she was in Austin,Texas....

arana
Dec 19, 2008, 8:47 PM
Thank you Tex for bringing this to our attention. What a very sad ending to what sounds like quite a heroic woman. I hope that her death will not go in vain. People forget it's not just drug addicts and alcoholics that are homeless and with the economy such as it is you never know who could be next.

jem_is_bi
Dec 19, 2008, 8:57 PM
Given the present economy of this country, there probably will be many more homeless amoung us, that could include us, that may even die.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 19, 2008, 9:56 PM
May she be at peace now, Tex. I'm sure she would have made a great difference in people's lives. :}
Cat

onewhocares
Dec 20, 2008, 11:10 AM
Here in her own way was a woman who tried to make a difference in others lives. Giving of herself for the greater good of those around her. To me it shows that we have a responsibility to be caretakers of our brothers and sisters for there but the grace of god go we.

Belle