PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right one

XXXperimental
Dec 1, 2008, 12:42 AM
So how do I go about finding a nice girl who I'm compatible with who also shares my ideals sexually? I'd like find a woman who is as open as I am, someone who might even want to swing on occasion. I'm not trying to be selfish about it, I would enjoy arranging fun evenings for her probably more than I'd enjoy exploring my own fantasies. I just feel that sex is something to be explored, in a safe manner of course, and that this is okay as long as both partners feel the same about it. Am I asking too much? Should I just be looking at all her other qualities and characteristics hoping that we discover down the road that we are compatible in this way too? Don't get me wrong, sex is not the most important thing in a relationship, I'd just like to, for once, find someone I can really explore with. Dating sites from what I've seen don't get into sexuality more than "are you gay or straight". There's alot of grey area there.

the sacred night
Dec 1, 2008, 9:32 PM
It is perfectly fine, and in fact advisable, to make sexual values part of your screening process. It will probably be farther down the road when you find out what hers are, though ;) It pays to ask, but be respectful about it.

onewhocares
Dec 2, 2008, 8:38 AM
I think that while sexual compatibility is not the most important and sustaining part of a relationship,but I feel it could be a stumbling block in the future of a developing long term relationship. Being considerate, caring and respectful when asking questions as well as understanding and accepting of the responses is a fine way to let the relationship progress. In my experience, limited as it is, I found that you can express your wants and desires and with the right person you both can share this most wonderful gift.
While I have seen this work and have a great relationship, I also have a dear friend who is in a long standing marriage with his wife who is not able to give him the intimacy or affection that he seeks. They have mismatched libidos and it is causing a terrible stain on their marriage.....so that is the down side to dissimilar views on sexuality.

I wish you the best and hope that you find the woman of your dreams.

Belle