PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

still_shy
Nov 24, 2008, 10:00 AM
I am thankful for so many things this year...my family, my home, friends, good health, this site, food in the cupboards and extra money to buy Christmas presents. I wanted all of us to take a minute to reflect on our lives and either here or silently, give thanks for all of the wonderful things we have. It's been a tough year for me, last Thursday marked the first anniversary of my dads passing, and I also have the first anniversary of my beloved grandfather coming up in January...I've spent the last year sorting through what's left of the lives of two of the people I cherished most in this world, ordering tombstones and planning funerals--it makes me stop and think about what's really important in life. I'm truly blessed to be surrounded by people who love and support me in all endeavors, through sickness and health (I've needed that this year). I hope that all of you can find as many things to be thankful for as I have, and I also wish everyone a Thanksgiving filled with the warmth of friends, family and many blessings.

Hillary

_Joe_
Nov 24, 2008, 10:25 AM
My diagnosis and the fact I'm on the road to getting well.

My wife and I aren't having the issues half a dozen of her friends are having with their marriage. (3 of which are in the process of a separation)

My kids are healthy and doing good.

My family business is still going strong after 53 years, and despite what is happening in the economy our office has 4 customers at this instant.

darkeyes
Nov 24, 2008, 10:30 AM
A lil poem Shy. Not 1a mine, but me carries it round wiv me in me diary cos it means so much 2 me. We don't do thanksgiving day here, but the little girl who wrote the following words has taught me that you don't need a special day to give thanks for what is good, and to give thanks every day for all that we have..

Thank you

Thank you for my life
Thank you for my mummy
Thank you for my family
Think you for goodness
And thank you for happiness

Thank you to my mummy
Thank you those that love me
Thank you for what you have given
Thank you from my heart
To you all my love is yours

Ninnian
Nov 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
I try hard to be thankful every day... but that sometime sslips, ya know?

Im thankful this day for friends and relationships that tolerate my oddlingness. Im thankful that my tumro has remained quiessent for 6 months. Im thankful that I have family who have come thru hard times with integrity. Im thankful to have my Hapkido family leave a place that was detrimental to us, and form our new group-- which I love dearly.
Im grateful for a lil boy whose growing into a man with pretty decent garce (if a bit of a thin skin).. and a hubby whose showing me how to evolve- ven if it hurts some.

Im Thankful for Bieng where I am, and with with whom I am , while im here, for however long that might be.

Nin

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 24, 2008, 4:03 PM
I am thankful for so many things that its had to list All of them, loves.
I am happy and thankful for all of my friends and lovers from this site, thankful that I can come here and find warm, wonderful people. :}:grouphug:
Happy Thanksgiving my Loves!
Your Cat