PDA

View Full Version : Ads a waste of time?

planettm
Nov 22, 2008, 7:18 PM
So you post an ad and a person replies and you e-mail back and forth. Then you agree on a place to meet. You pinpoint the time and location and then it's silent. Cold feet or stupid games. Played it on craigslist and here and am convinced that it's stupid games or the vice units gathering info. Am I wrong? All my ads have been for bi sex among like minded adults and nothing more.

DiamondDog
Nov 22, 2008, 8:21 PM
Some people are into playing games, others just want the attention or only fantasize about stuff they'll never do, some are trapped in the closet, and there are A LOT of flakes/liars/sketchy people out there on the internet.

Vice squad wouldn't be interested in the ads you're placing as long as you're not wanting anything illegal.

chick_a_dee
Nov 23, 2008, 9:18 AM
We have realized that there are many out there that live their fantasy only online. They enjoy flirting, being flirted with, chatting, emailing, and even getting on cam for someone. They will chat on end about what they like and would like to do and go in great details about it. But when pressed about setting up a meeting, everything changes. Many excuses will be made why they can't meet or, for the most part, you never hear from them again. For various reasons they just can't take that next step and commit to living out that fantasy. We've been swinging for a few years and we see this often. We keep reminding ourselves to be patient knowing that the right person will come along.

curious44
Nov 23, 2008, 6:14 PM
Even though I'm not actively looking for partners I would welcome the right opportunity under the right conditions. I'm experienced in a swinging environment with my wife as well as solo with other men. I've been contacted by two individuals through this website and nothing has come from either one. The first was no body's fault. We met for coffee and discussed our wants and limitations. Neither of us could host and neither of us is into the motel scene so it never materialized, at least I think that was the main reason. It might have gone further without that problem. I do believe this guy was sincere.
The second was almost comical. We agreed to meet for coffee and then he had to cancel. This went on for a couple months. I knew it was never going to happen, I just wanted to hear the next excuse. They ranged from sick kids to former lovers moving back in to the area and everything in between. I finally just stopped answering.
So, yes, I agree there are a lot of wannabes here and for whatever reason they just can't bring themselves to close the deal.

jem_is_bi
Nov 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
Don't be too disappointed, eventually, you will succeed. Also, try more than one site. My experience is that pay sites usually have a greater success percentage for face-to-face contact. I got my present long-term lover that way. Do a lot of watching and monitoring of who is what kind of person on each site before contacting them. This site has a some quality people but it is not the greatest site for hook-ups.

DiamondDog
Nov 24, 2008, 3:10 AM
It all depends on what you're looking for.

There are specialized sites for everything that you don't have to pay for and you'll be able to find interested people for whatever you want, even if you're in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

welickit
Nov 24, 2008, 2:52 PM
Your attitude about this says a great deal about you. So does your lack of a profile. If you approached others in the same manner then it is no wonder they didn't show up. The way you rant in your post would make anyone wonder if you were stable. You don't exactly make a good first impression. No offense intended but reading your post sends a definite message and it isn't a friendly greeting.:2cents:

BiBear4U
Nov 24, 2008, 5:38 PM
We have been on a number of sites for a couple of years now, as a couple we are written to by a lot of folks, and when they find out that she does not 'play' alone then a number of them drop by the wayside. There are of course some people who pretend to be interested but arent, there are some people that no doubt think they would be interested but as they learn more about us are not.

We have only been stood-up a couple of times in the last two years, we have met several people, more than a hand full :) and we have met one guy who has become a regular friend for almost a year now. If he wasn't married we would ask him to join our family in an equal triad, that is how much we love him.

We are still lookin for the perfect LTR with another man, and we are sure it wil come eventually, but we have had some very good hook-ups and some real exciting times.

So we put up with the contacts that lead no where.... It's like selling vacum cleaners door to door... you get a lot of No's before someone says Yes that you like.... but we are only looking for a few to say Yes!